Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gray Whales comparison

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thefaintsmile

thefaintsmile

Country/State : Canada

Gray Whales comparison Empty
PostSubject: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 pm

Could I get comparison for the gray whales from Schleich (retired), Mojo and Collecta? Safari LTD, I don't really like theirs but you can throw it in there if you have it. Which would you say has the best quality paint and scuplting-wise?
Back to top Go down
thefaintsmile

thefaintsmile

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 11:35 am

So I now realize that the Schleich and Mojo gray whales use the same mold from Maia & Borges. Mojo version might be easier to acquire versus the retired Schleich, but I'm curious about the quality of plastic of the Mojo version - often not a fan of the lighter, cheaper plastic they seem to use. Still, would like to see how CollectA measures up to either one. Anyone have them?
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 12:05 pm

I have them, I will take some pictures for you soon
Back to top Go down
Balaenoptera

Balaenoptera

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 9:35 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here you go. As you can see the CollectA is quite a bit smaller than the Schleich and Safari. Personally it is my least favorite of the three, overall the sculpt is pretty good but the 'barnacles' look really strange. The Schleich is indeed the same model as the Mojo, I do not own the Mojo but I have seen it in person, the quality of the plastic is not much worse and the paint application is very similar too (keep in mind the Schleich release had two different paint versions though).
The Safari Monterey Bay is really good too, but if it's not your favorite, I would say go with the Schleich/Mojo one.
Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down
thefaintsmile

thefaintsmile

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 3:51 pm

Awesome! Thank you so much, this will definitely help me decide which to pick (I'm leaning Schleich/Mojo).

Balaenoptera wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here you go. As you can see the CollectA is quite a bit smaller than the Schleich and Safari. Personally it is my least favorite of the three, overall the sculpt is pretty good but the 'barnacles' look really strange. The Schleich is indeed the same model as the Mojo, I do not own the Mojo but I have seen it in person, the quality of the plastic is not much worse and the paint application is very similar too (keep in mind the Schleich release had two different paint versions though).
The Safari Monterey Bay is really good too, but if it's not your favorite, I would say go with the Schleich/Mojo one.
Hope this helps! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 6:02 am

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gray Whales comparison   Gray Whales comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Gray Whales comparison
Page 1 of 1