Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!

Go down 
+13
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm

Very nice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 6:27 pm

The pink and blue pic is absolutely awesome cheers

I'm very pleased by the Safari toob and Toy many seagull, I'm very tempted. sunny
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 8:25 pm

Beautiful birds! I remember being so excited when Papo's kingfisher came out. I don't have Science & Nature's kookaburra, it looks really nice!

I love that turaco! Did you repaint the Safari Toob quetzal? Looks great!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 9:15 pm

The quetzal is original! No repaint there. Thanks everyone!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 02, 2024 9:43 pm

Congratulations Very Happy cheers, I also love turacos, they are magnificent, I have also painted several species from these Nayabs. Smile study
I also like the kagu yowie which I have yet to catch with other birds Rolling Eyes scratch study
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:21 pm

I can't share any facts right this minute, but I will update this post shortly with some. I am adjusting to a new job so posts will likely become irregular again for a while.

Turkeys!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Turkeys originate from Mexico, they have between 5,000 to 6,000 feathers; turkeys have been utilized by Mesoamerican cultures for their protein, eggs, and feathers (used for decoration and rituals).

Pheasants!
When startled, these guys can fly up to 60 mph and between 8-10 mph when running!

Mixed galliforms!
Junglefowl are the wild forms of all domestic chickens; they were domesticated as long ago as 7,000 to 8,000 years ago!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed May 15, 2024 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:36 pm

Congratulations, Very Happy Applause cheers I love you even have female turkeys!
And I love your painted chicks flower
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:46 pm

I love all your repaints! I didn't realize how many pheasants there were. I still don't have Schleich's Embarassed The rock Ptarmigans are very nice!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 6:54 pm

Beautieful birds

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 9:08 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyTue May 07, 2024 10:52 pm

@Luke, only one female turkey (the tan Funrise), the dark smaller New Ray is a "turkey jake" which means its an immature male. You can see its male because it has a beard.

@Jolie, There are lots of ring-necked/common pheasants and I love them! I hope someday the Asian species may be made.

Thanks everyone!

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 4:24 pm

Again, no fun facts for now but I will update these posts this weekend to keep up.

Peacocks!
Peafowl look identical when first hatched, they slowly begin to develop sex specific colors, but the spectacular feathers of males don't fully develop until 3 years old!

And our first ratites!

Cassowaries are evidently the largest native vertebrate in Australian forests, and also the second heaviest bird after ostriches, and the third tallest after ostriches and emus.

Last edited by Saarlooswolfhound on Wed May 15, 2024 3:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 09, 2024 9:11 pm

Nice and crazy Oscellated turkey cheers Which of your turkeys do you think is closest to the wild species?

I would be so happy if Safari Ltd would make at last a Greater prairie-chicken, this is such an incredible bird.

So many Kiwis and not the Papo ? You must change that Wink
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 5:17 pm

Nice birds again

Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:02 pm

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptySat May 11, 2024 8:49 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 7:55 pm

I have updated the previous 2 posts (turkeys to kiwis) with fun facts. I am going to *try* to be better at keeping up on this topic now! Bear with me as I adjust to new things. Wink

Ostriches!
Ostriches are the only didactyl (two toed) birds, all others have 3 or more toes. One egg of theirs is equal to about 24 average sized chicken eggs!

Eurasian eagle owls!

These guys rarely adopt a "tall-thin position" (a term used by owl watchers); this position in other species is assumed to help wity camoflage- the owl sits in a strict upright posture and compresses its feathers tighly against its body.

Males become whiter with age, females retain their black/brown barring. They also can reach fly speeds of 46 mph.

Barn and great horned!
There have been 46 "races" (subspecies?) described! The largest is the North American type which weighs twice as much as the Galapagos type.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 8:50 pm

My favorite bird groups! Owls & Ostriches I love you Owls are so amazing they don't even feel real. I've been watching some documentaries of them the past couple of days. I have also started to reread one of my favorite childhood series The Guardians of Ga'Hoole. I have all my owl figures displayed on my desk currently Laughing

Wow 46 subspecies of barn owls!? I knew there were grass and sooties but wow so many.

What brand is that small snowy on the branch?

Beautiful figures! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 8:58 pm

Also I just realized, there must be a different paint variant for the Mojo snowy owl, mine has a lot more black on it?

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 9:04 pm

Thanks Jolie! The little guy on the branch is from Toymany, their small arctic set. My Mojo I bought right when it released, and they are well known to update their figures' paintwork several times through its shelf life.

Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 9:28 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Thanks Jolie! The little guy on the branch is from Toymany, their small arctic set. My Mojo I bought right when it released, and they are well known to update their figures' paintwork several times through its shelf life.

Thanks! I don't remember when I got my Mojo snowy but it was probably only 5-6 years ago so it must be an updated paintjob.

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyWed May 15, 2024 9:36 pm

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 12:03 am

Oh man the kiwis are so cool!! And the owls are really spectacular as well. I haven't been commenting on birds as much but as always your collection is superb and inspiring. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 4:47 am

Thank you everyone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's very kind if you. :) My collection is just something I enjoy doing as a hobby. There's no goal, there's no real theme; just a reflection of me.

Next up are mixed owls!

The boobook owl is also called the mopoke, marbled owl, spotted owl, or morepork. These names come from some of the sounds they make at night; "mo-poke" or "book-book".

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 EmptyThu May 16, 2024 9:10 am

Beautiful owls and owl congratulations beautiful collection. Very Happy Applause cheers
Could you enlighten me on the great gray owl with its wings spread on the cup, wouldn't it be Papo 2024?? Smile scratch study
I've seen it before, it reminds me of catalog images! If yes, present us the only one Thank you Cool Wink drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next