Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!

Go down 
+13
Sergey
Nasreddin
Jill
Saien
landrover
Taos
Roger
Caracal
Kikimalou
rogerpgvg
Joliezac
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2024 7:11 am

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 5:37 am

Thank you Andreas!

And now we move to snakes. Pythons!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Burmese pythons are another vulnerable species because of of the pet trade. Hopefully, captive breeding and captive color morphs might begin to slow down the collection of wild specimens. They are some of the largest snakes, the largest growing to be 400lbs!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 6:17 am

very bice

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2024 7:49 pm

Let's see if I do not forget the CollectA tree python, fortunately you opened the spaghetti section to remind me.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:23 am

I have oodles of noodles Roger. :) Thank you both!

Sorry for the delay.

Boas!
Some of you might have heard that there is now a newly recognized species of anaconda! I can't wait to learn more about it! The largest specimen the team who discovered them encountered was 20.7ft or 6.3 meters.

Cobras!

The monocled cobra has some of the fastest acting snake venoms in the world! The potency varies depending on where the snake is native to, but it can eliminate a living person within an hour of envenomation. The neurotoxins attack the nervous system causing drowsiness, neurological issues and muscle damage.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Nasreddin

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:36 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:

What is the brand of Anaconda hunting Alligator?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 am

Nice snakes. Can you please share a pic of the backside of the cobras?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:01 pm

@molla.nasreddin, that is a 4D Famemaster puzzle figure

@Andreas, ordinarily I would be happy to but my collection is packed up in preparation for my move next week. Once I get to the new place, I will try to remember to share a photo of the hoods from the back for you.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 5:46 pm

Snakes, heaven and hell all in one! I really like the different snake figurines, especially as some of them are really realistic and well painted. The infernal side is the space that a single snake takes up on a shelf. Luckily there are cobras which are generally more compact!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 6:45 pm

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 24, 2024 9:46 pm

Many wonderful reptiles! I love the tiny green anole figure, and the many snakes. I learned a new thing with your tuatara facts! I'm surprised there are not so many pythons as there are boas, with both reticulated and Burmese (among others) being such impressive giant animals to make figures of (or maybe they just have not made it yet home to you?). I guess the anaconda does have more media acclaim. Razz Excited to learn more about the northern green anaconda myself!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 8:23 pm

Thank you everyone!

I am taking a short hiatus for this week, I need to finish packing in the next few days and then actually undertake the move. BUT I will be back for next Monday! (If everything goes to plan that is...) I hope you all have a great week and for those who celebrate; Happy Easter!

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 31, 2024 10:20 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 4:56 pm

I'm back! Last week was a loooong week...

Coral snakes!

These guys are actually incredibly venomous; it acts as a neurotoxin and is incredibly painful if you are bitten (they can kill adult humans!). However, they are generally considered much less dangerous than other venomous snakes because their teeth are so small that they have to "chew" the venom into the prey item's tissue to be effective. I love these snakes and have gotten a fair number of models of them!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 01, 2024 6:10 pm

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 3:55 am

Love these, especially the little guy on the left with his head up!
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 5:50 pm

Thank you both! [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's the Mojo. :)

Sea snakes!

There are 69 species of sea snakes.These guys don't exist in the atlantic ocean, caribbean, or red sea. The first sea snakes began to evolve 6-8 million years ago, but most modern species are much younger evolving at around 3 million years ago. Lastly, they can die of thirst; sea kraits go to land to find a freshwater source while sea snakes must wait for rainstorms to deposit freshwater on the surface.

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2024 9:13 pm

Very Happy Applause Applause Applause cheers sunny drunken
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 7:12 pm

Phantastic

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 8:23 am

Thanks my friends!

Here is  double post to make up my delay yesterday.

Mixed snakes 1

Black mambas are one of the world's fastest snakes! They can move from 4.3 to 5.2 meters per second!

Mixed snakes 2

Gaboon vipers tie for my favorite snake species, but I do love a good viper/adder! These guys actually quite temperate in disposition; it usually takes a lot to provoke them to actually bite! However, even being a rather "chill" snake who gives loud hisses as a warning, you need to report to a hospital ASAP as they are also incredibly deadly venom-wise. This can also be a challenge if the event is in their natural habitat of African rainforest as they generally dwell far away from human habitation.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 6:33 pm

Nice snakes again

what brand are in the first pic of mixed snakes number 3 in the first line, the black/yellow in the middle and the last one with the yellow spots?

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 7:08 pm

I think you mean the K&M common death adder, the Yowies UK Bandy-bandy (has been colored to look like a coral snake and I haven't had time to remedy it yet), and the Yowies AU Yellow-faced whip snake? Let me know if I got em wrong and you meant a different figure.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 7:10 pm

Thank you

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 9:04 pm

Impressive snake invasion, a great Indiana Jones nightmare Laughing

I didn't know about how sea snakes and sea kraits drink, it is very interresting.
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 10:09 pm

Jill wrote:
Love these, especially the little guy on the left with his head up!

I agree with Jill, it is my favorite too. Applause Applause

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!   The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curious Compendium 2023 Tour Finale: Cockatoos!
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next