Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
Nasreddin
Roger
lucky luke
landrover
Kikimalou
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 8:53 pm

In 1997, the American company ERTL, known for its die-cast metal scale models of farm equipment and vehicles, bought Britains Ltd.
That same year, it also produced a series of 6 wild animals entitled "The Wilds of Africa". The series consisted of an Elephant, a Greater Kudu, a Leopard, a White rhinoceros, a Zebra and a Gorilla.
This series had intrigued me for ages and, thanks to Paige's help, I got my hands on two of them to get to know them a little better.

Ladies and gentlemen, it gives me great pleasure tonight to introduce the Gorilla cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I particularly love his face, I find it very expressive. drunken

The animals produced in this series are very large, especially for their time, but this is still true today.
What's also astonishing is the weight of our friend, 1kg267! affraid I can't imagine a young child holding such a toy.

With my smallest gorilla, the Bandai one.

With two modern guys, the Papo and the CollectA
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Nice photos Applause Applause

lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 9:18 pm

Congratulations, Great monument Smile Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 9:38 pm

I don't know how you do it, but these photos turn this topic into a piece of art. I'm not sure if the figure is as marvelous as it appears in the photos; I don't doubt their authenticity, but it's noticeable that you always seek the best light and angles. It's a very beautiful piece with massive shoulders, relatively short arms, and a sunken head. None of this is criticism; these are design decisions that contribute to a very powerful and expressive figure with a very striking and well-defined face. cheers

Nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 10:07 pm

Amazing gorilla 😱
This figurine is metallic?
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat May 04, 2024 11:15 pm

Thank you my friends Very Happy

Rogério, this figure is as marvellous as it appears in the photos.
I may have a little talent for portraiture, but to take excellent photos of an excellent model you absolutely need an excellent model.
It is indeed a very beautiful, powerful and expressive piece with a very bewitching face. This toy is the work of an artist, a "little" masterpiece.

Nasreddin, the figurine is made of a very heavy plastic.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 05, 2024 8:58 am

Its King KOng

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun May 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Indeed 😊
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 06, 2024 2:09 pm

Wonderful gorilla cheers cheers cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 06, 2024 7:59 pm

Thank you Taylor 🤗
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 06, 2024 8:36 pm

Not really my kind of figure, but I agree, it's very impressive. And it's a quick way to get a full shelf Very Happy. Not a toy to be played with, I suppose. Imagine a child drops it on their toes!

What is the scale of this gorilla? I should be great for scale comparisons.

Last edited by rogerpgvg on Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 06, 2024 8:59 pm

Wow this figure is a masterpiece! It looks like a modern model! Truly a gem, thank you for showing it! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon May 06, 2024 10:34 pm

Thank you Jolie and Roger Very Happy

Using height on all four or Heasd to rear, a 1/5 scale would be a safe choice... For a lowland gorilla of course, for King Kong it's a completely different kind of lemonade Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou   ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

ERTL Gorilla:a walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1