Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf

Go down 
+8
Kikimalou
ken yeo
lucky luke
Mastiffcat
Roger
HKHollinstone
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Empty
PostSubject: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:15 pm

scratch I will leave the comments to y`all Wink

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebu1

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebu2

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebu3

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebu4

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebukalv

Papo, Bullyland and Safari :
Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebuer

scratch I will leave the comments to y`all Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 7:42 pm

Aww the calf is so cuteee! I love those animals :)

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:44 pm

SyLoBe wrote:
Aww the calf is so cuteee! I love those animals :)

I think so too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:52 pm

The calf is very cute, I'm not sure I like the adult - BUT congratulations Susanne Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:18 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
The calf is very cute, I'm not sure I like the adult - BUT congratulations Susanne Very Happy cheers

Thankyou, Harriet sunny

Isn`t it like the head and the upper part of the neck of the cow belong to a smaller animal ? scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:43 pm

Congratulations Susanne!
I see two figures seriously sculpted, to see a small head in a Bullyland figure is a nice sign! :)
And I don't know which of zebu breeds it is representing?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:29 pm

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Susanne!
I see two figures seriously sculpted, to see a small head in a Bullyland figure is a nice sign! :)
And I don't know which of zebu breeds it is representing?

You are right, Roger, I was so occupied with the small head that I almost did not see it, - yes, somebody did a lot of work on the sculpturing Shocked
Perhaps eventually I will begin to like the figuere of the cow also.

I do not know about breeds of zebus, - I must google some more and not just look at colours study

Thankyou flower
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:33 pm

cheers congrats! I like them very much, very cute. The cow’s pose is nice and I like her matronly expression. Calf is darling, such a sweet expression!
but... they do have some “issues”. Suspect Just looking for a balanced animal, the cow’s head's too small, feet too big, front & hind legs don't match. Main things that bother me though are the dewlaps. Calf’s dewlap is waaaay too big and the cow’s seems extravagant, and I know some zebu cows do have a dewlap (for lack of a better word) on their bellies, but calf’s is too much for that age and the cow’s is noticeable enough, um, at first glance, I thought she was a bull.
Mostly though, it’s the shape of the dewlaps. They don’t hang right. Having Mastiffs, I’m into saggy-baggy heads and necks. Especially the calf’s. Putting aside the question of a calf even having a dewlap, it looks like an eel’s dorsal fin.

I wonder, is it possible that they started with the figure of another kind of cow, gave it a new head and neck and hump? The hump, neck and dewlap seem added on to me.

all that said, I do like them a lot. As long as the piece gets the essence of the living animal, I’m not a stickler for accuracy, unless it’s a Mastiff. Which is why I have one Mastiff figure in my collection. The rare time anyone produces a Mastiff, they don't get it right. Sad
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:59 pm

Congratulations Susanne.J love it especially the calf he's cute and is the only so far.
The adult is a female, good news, I find it quite impressive, I know the bully is a different scale but it is quite nice;
However, I find the shoes a little big.
Susanne j'aprécie especially the comparison group photos for thank you.

Jean-Luc :

cheers: sunny bounce study

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Zebu610
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 am

Congrats Susanne! I am like the others also fond with the calf and still find that the head of the cow a bit small, overall sculpting is not bad.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 am

Thankyou friends Very Happy flower

Jean-Luc, you found one that really looks a LOT like the model cheers

Perhaps they are a special breed of zebus, like Roger said scratch
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:42 am

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

Thankyou, Harriet sunny

Isn`t it like the head and the upper part of the neck of the cow belong to a smaller animal ? scratch
Yes that's what I thought - but they are still lovely - you could say they were stylised.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 am

Thank you Susanne for the good pics Very Happy

Those zebus were on my want list... And now I don't know confused I appreciate Bully made a cow at last but she's a little bit odd. I will wait I guess
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:17 am

Thank you Susanne for your photos :)
Adult cow is... well... I´ll be cruel again but I don´t like it at all Sad Sad But I have some problems with Bullyland... But the calf is gorgeous... really cute:)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: I AM IN LOVE   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:23 am

CONGRATS FOR THE NEW ZEBU COWS I LOVE THEMMMMMM I CAN'T WAIT TILL I HAVE THEM TOO !!!! alien cyclops
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:32 am

Can't remember who did such a great job repainting the Safari version, but they need to repaint the Bulllyand version!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 10:57 am

baltimore zoo wrote:
Can't remember who did such a great job repainting the Safari version, but they need to repaint the Bulllyand version!
Harriet did it :)

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Yes, Harriet did a fantastic job but it was not a transformation of a red brahman in a guzerat or so?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 12:57 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
cheers congrats! I like them very much, very cute. The cow’s pose is nice and I like her matronly expression. Calf is darling, such a sweet expression!
but... they do have some “issues”. Suspect Just looking for a balanced animal, the cow’s head's too small, feet too big, front & hind legs don't match. Main things that bother me though are the dewlaps. Calf’s dewlap is waaaay too big and the cow’s seems extravagant, and I know some zebu cows do have a dewlap (for lack of a better word) on their bellies, but calf’s is too much for that age and the cow’s is noticeable enough, um, at first glance, I thought she was a bull.
Mostly though, it’s the shape of the dewlaps. They don’t hang right. Having Mastiffs, I’m into saggy-baggy heads and necks. Especially the calf’s. Putting aside the question of a calf even having a dewlap, it looks like an eel’s dorsal fin.

I wonder, is it possible that they started with the figure of another kind of cow, gave it a new head and neck and hump? The hump, neck and dewlap seem added on to me.

all that said, I do like them a lot. As long as the piece gets the essence of the living animal, I’m not a stickler for accuracy, unless it’s a Mastiff. Which is why I have one Mastiff figure in my collection. The rare time anyone produces a Mastiff, they don't get it right. Sad

Carolynn, I love your comment, and agree with almost everything, mainly dewlaps, there are some zebus with huge dewlaps but extravagant is a nice word to describe. Everything is objective and not subjective in this comments! Yes, also the pose is nice, you see the legs much better positioned than in the other zebu figures!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 pm

How wonderful that the pictures are of use to you, friends cheers

As often with Bullyland there are differences of opinions, - and as often with Bullyland I begin to like them more and more. Rolling Eyes

It is really fun to read the comments Very Happy

At least I know that if I had not got them, I would probably serach for them when they were retired geek

Harriet, I am not sure I know what stylished means scratch

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Carolynn, I also agree with you on most of what you write.

The word extravagent is right.
Only not VERY extravagant, - the "Tummy-dewlap" or "Navel-dewlap" is present in cows also, - I remember searching for pictures of cows, and thought they were all bulls, untill I found some with calfs and udder Laughing Laughing

The calf is a little boy, perhaps bull calves have more "laps" ?

The flappyness is too much, but these two are not as well fed as the ones from the other brands, - could it be that the dew laps are thinner on a thinner animal ?????

Just questions, I don´t know..... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 3:26 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

Stylised in Cumbrian, I guess! Wink
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Carolynn, I also agree with you on most of what you write.

The word extravagent is right.
Only not VERY extravagant, - the "Tummy-dewlap" or "Navel-dewlap" is present in cows also, - I remember searching for pictures of cows, and thought they were all bulls, untill I found some with calfs and udder Laughing Laughing

The calf is a little boy, perhaps bull calves have more "laps" ?

The flappyness is too much, but these two are not as well fed as the ones from the other brands, - could it be that the dew laps are thinner on a thinner animal ?????

Just questions, I don´t know..... Suspect

Well, since Jean-Luc seems to have found a photo that could have been used for the cow, perhaps I should eat my words. Suspect Maybe the moral of the story is that living animals can get away with things that replicas can’t! :Wink:
But the replica's dewlap should follow the curve of her neck, all the way down to between her legs, instead of hanging straight down from the lower part of her neck. Unless she’s in action of turning her head and they caught her at the split second that the movement hasn’t yet gotten to the lower part of her ‘lap.
I think the problem I have with this cow’s navel lap is cumulative: if her dewlap didn’t bother me, I don’t think I’d think her navel lap out of balance.
Re the calf, I could be totally wrong, but I didn’t think animals develop ‘laps until they’re older. Seems to me male calves usually just have a little tuft on their belly showing they are a boy, and when they are grown up, the belly flap is shaped more like a triangle, than a square.
Do we have someone with experience in breeding saggy cattle to set me straight? study
Still, the more i look at the calf, the more I like him: his face is sooo sweet!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 8:34 pm

It was the Safari bluish color bull painted darker(More towards blackish).
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Stylised in Cumbrian, I guess! Wink
I said stylised - not realistic but has an artistic style, or something like that.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf   Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf Empty

Back to top Go down

Bullyland`s zebu cow and calf
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next