Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breyer mini customs

Go down 
+2
SyLoBe
Sumo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

Breyer mini customs Empty
PostSubject: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:37 pm

After several months of not touching my model horse collection (and very nearly deciding to sell them all) I found myself doing a full 180° and finishing two in one day!
This is the G4 Breyer SM "driving horse" (the mold has no official name AFAIK, so I'm using that of the first release). He's had a fair bit of work done, but it's so long ago I can't remember what! The mane and neck is new, obvs, and the legs have been thinned a little...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This side needs a little more work, apparently... funny how the camera shows up all one's mistakes so well.

And this little guy who's been "done, except..." for even longer. Finally finished his tail and feet... This is one way to paint a blue roan using acrylics: Start out black (or nearly black) and add layer upon layer after layer of thinned down white.
He's nothing but leftovers - there are pieces from 3 different models in there.
Ditto for this one. For someone relatively unskilled and possessing next to no equipment, I'm pretty damn ambitious! Laughing
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Lovely customs! My favourite is the first one. SM is Stablemates?

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:22 am

I love the 3rd one! While he might not be up to current "LSQ" standards, I love that he looks like a painting. He makes me think of Velazquez's White Horse.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:50 am

Great work Sumo! Nice repaintings! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 am

I love the first one too, the colour is gorgeous - they are all fantastic Sumo congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 11:02 am

They are wonderful, all three. Good you took it up again cheers

I agree with Carolynn, the last one is outstanding and unusual, - both painting and pose I love you I love you

Thankyou very much for sharing these lovely figueres flower

PS, you are SO right, taking close-up pictures will reveal things you never noticed before, - both good and less good Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

PS, you are SO right, taking close-up pictures will reveal things you never noticed before, - both good and less good Rolling Eyes

Pure Susanne comment! Not using words like bad or worst! :)
Ah, French people makes something similar but slightly different! When a French man drinks a fantastic wine he never says "Excelent!" but "not bad at all"! monkey Why??? drunken
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 pm

Roger wrote:
SUSANNE wrote:

Pure Susanne comment! Not using words like bad or worst! :)
Ah, French people makes something similar but slightly different! When a French man drinks a fantastic wine he never says "Excelent!" but "not bad at all"! monkey Why??? drunken

Laughing Laughing If you did not notice it before, it can`t be very bad Wink

About the wine, - they have to remember that you must not make the Gods angry, - wasn`t it the ancient Greeks who said that ?...Nemesis and Hybris or something like that drunken Laughing

A few days ago there was an interview with a farmer in Danish TV. It seems that the crob of wheet and oats is going to be very good this year, but the farmer looked very sad and said " I am afraid it is difficult to find something to complain about Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes "

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:22 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

A few days ago there was an interview with a farmer in Danish TV. It seems that the crob of wheet and oats is going to be very good this year, but the farmer looked very sad and said " I am afraid it is difficult to find something to complain about Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes "

Laughing Laughing

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:07 am

Laughing That is really boring!!! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breyer mini customs   Breyer mini customs Empty

Back to top Go down

Breyer mini customs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Custom figures and accessories-
Jump to: