Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 
 

 zebra vs. crocodile

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
animalluvr6



Country/State : United States, Arizona
Age : 19
Joined : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Re-enact same scene with 2012 Papo White Croc, create a pond of vanilla yogurt to camouflage croc...lol
Great Idea!LOL. Great pictures by the way Wink

_________________
Kelsey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Argentavis



Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2012-03-04
Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:58 am

great photos, martin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Steve170



Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-22
Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Thu May 10, 2012 5:42 pm

Great stuff Martin! I really like seeing peoples dioramas, thanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
very impressive .. mainly this picture !


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Am I the only person to see that Martin has managed to create some sort of 'mud moose'? scratch

_________________
My Collection and Blog... [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ...Updated 16/01/13
Back to top Go down
http://stevesreplicaanimals.blogspot.co.uk/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 8:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Am I the only person to see that Martin has managed to create some sort of 'mud moose'? scratch
Laughing I see it too!

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 am

Thank you guys :)
Daniel... In my defense I am a huge fan of zebras. Crocodiles are killing zebras in Africa so these pictures are inspired by this... It could be wildebeest but he was faster... But no zebra was injured during the shoot and it's back in the safe in the vitrine :)

"mud moose"?? Sorry you guys but... I don´t get it scratch Embarassed Embarassed

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 9:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"mud moose"?? Sorry you guys but... I don´t get it scratch Embarassed Embarassed
The splashing mud kind of looks like the shape of a moose.
something like this:
Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 10:07 am

Shocked WOW!!! Very Happy
That´s something Very Happy Very Happy Thank you Harriet :)

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9252

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 11:44 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"mud moose"?? Sorry you guys but... I don´t get it scratch Embarassed Embarassed
The splashing mud kind of looks like the shape of a moose.
something like this:
Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Martin, what a great work You sculpted in splashing mud Shocked king Can You do the same with clouds? Basketball Wink

_________________
Anna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Oh Martin gave peace ...
It Wildebeest often fall prey to crocodiles, zebras are not, because zebras are more powerful, and most importantly, they are more intelligent. Often before predators see the wildebeest. Besides, if the zebra is injured as a result of hunting, for example, when the skin is cut open, the wound to heal wounds because zebras (at least Grant) heal quickly, and the antelope is a different matter.
As for the pictures is that I did not have the zebra would be so fast and the crocodile would not have opportunities across the zebra caught immediately after catching, so I exaggerated a little with these photos, but the idea is cool;-)
As for the "moose" out of the mud-is-it is really a moose head! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kudu11



Country/State : Illinois, USA
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-07-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I like the moose. Very Happy
Daniel wildebeasts are more aglie and are faster than zebras aslo there are no mass produced drinking wildabeasts. the wildebests would not just come to the river if they were not trying to cross it or get a drink. there are simply more wilebeasts than there are zebras so naturally more wildebeasts would become prey. the crocodile did have troubles dragging the zebra in,that is why the crocodile did the death role, so Martian, in my opinion did a perfect job
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Fri May 11, 2012 8:25 pm

You do not know Neutral
Gnu are first place of Nile crocodiles in the menu and they are often trapped and killed (perhaps because they are less keen on zebras). Zebra is too strong even for a large crocodile that dragged her into the water immediately and made a death role, except that they do crocodile death role as the victim is dead and not as a living like you did not know ... Neutral
Gnu is not faster than the zebra, zebra and wildebeest in the course of reaching the same speed, the wildebeest are stocky in build and have a weak back of the body, zebra and railways have quite short legs.
To paraphrase, or even over the wildebeest is faster than the zebra, there is nothing to the meaning. The maximum speed of a zebra is 60 km / h, but to paraphrase, "who does not have the strength of the legs, this is in head". Razz Zebra has a feature that distinguishes it among other herbivores including wildebeest, is very clever. Laughing
So sum ​​it often falls victim to gnus crocodiles. bounce
Back to top Go down
kudu11



Country/State : Illinois, USA
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-07-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sat May 12, 2012 1:17 am

Well you are inncorrect the death roll is done to drowned the victim as they would not drowned them if they are already dead. the wildebests is faster as every recource I found said that gnus can run from 40 - 50mph and Zebras can go from 37 (as you said yourself) - 40mph. you avoided the fact that thier are no mass produced models of drinking gnus. the crocodlie is also much larger than it would naturally grow. it is at least 4 feet longer than a very large nile crocodile and would have a much easier time killing that zebra. though it is true that zebras are rather intelligent. I just have one question, why are there so many more antelope and gnus than there are zebras if zebras are so smart, fast and strong?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sat May 12, 2012 9:47 am

Next I do not understand................. Neutral
Zebras in the whole of Africa is much more than a wildebeest in East Africa, but the zebra populations are distributed throughout Africa, and the wildebeest are concentrated in one place, so that the spectrum there are more.
Besides, I doubt that you took part in the great migration of zebra and wildebeest, "The Great Savannah Race" and knew how to have a number of wildebeest, zebras and gazelles in migration, so as not to know-I do not write me angry and I do not want me to explain such people are the same, I know the truth and that I hold.
Besides, the wisdom and intelligence of animals, including zebras and wildebeest housing is not measured in numbers, as it is written. Gnu is more, because I give birth to more than a zebra, wildebeest otherwise arise at a specific time to time, and zebras reproduce throughout the year, and in other periods, because their numbers in the migration is about 30-40% and 60% of the wildebeest.
Like I said before, wildebeest are not matched in the wisdom of zebra, wildebeest are considered stupid animals compared with zebras minded (at least in migration).
You say that gnu brew can reach speeds of 50 mph so give me proof that the wildebeest is running as fast as the gazelle, if you believe, but I doubt it, because I know 100% that the construction of wildebeest will not allow them to achieve such speed. I know better, and I will not argue unless you want-but if I offend you so much.

You say that gnu brew can reach speeds of 50 mph so give me proof that the wildebeest is running as fast as the gazelle, if you believe, but I doubt it, because I know 100% that the construction of wildebeest will not allow them to achieve such speed. I know better, and I will not argue unless you want-but if I offend you so much.

Good luck with your "imaginary and the Internet's written" messages! Laughing But you know, far away from them, do not get. Laughing
Daniel.
Back to top Go down
kudu11



Country/State : Illinois, USA
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-07-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sat May 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Do you not speak engilsh or is english your secondary language? because some of your sentences do not really make sence, for example - because I give birth to more than a zebra.
well on another note gazelles can reach speeds of up to 60mph so the wildebeests can not run as fast as gazelles. my point is if there were a race between a wildebeest, a zebra, and a gazelle that were all healthy adults. in first would come the gazelle, in second would come the wildebeest and third would come the zebra. I do know that zebras are smarter, though there still more wildebeests.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 7:58 am

Gazelle 60 mph? hahahah .... gazelles reached 60 mph by the cheetahs died of starvation because they could not even catch up! Think about what you write! I recommend reading more about antelope and their social life and reduce your speed because I see that you know nothing. Sory for honesty, but it's true. So you see, the fastest gazelle is Thomson's gazelle, reaches to 80 km / h (50 mph), wildebeest has a maximum speed of 65 km / h (40 mph), such as zebra, zebra long as due to the greater mass of zebra can run at speeds somewhat less, though it is smarter than gazelles, wildebeest and other antelopes, to escape from predators, and wildebeest running blindly sometimes even falling into a lion or leopard, so you can compare yourself who is more likely to survive in a meeting with the predator, of course, that zebra! Speed ​​is not everything.! Zebra thinking brain not legs like gnu


Daniel.
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 11:52 am

OK gentlemen ... I'm glad you like my photos, but enough with fighting. I chose zebra because I don´t have a model of drinking wildebeest. This is the only reason.
There is no reason to resolve the dispute wildebeest vs. zebra, since both are very specific species with their own advantages.

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
PeGe



Country/State : Germany
Age : 36
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1478

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Am I the only person to see that Martin has managed to create some sort of 'mud moose'? scratch
Laughing I see it too!
Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6



Country/State : United States, Arizona
Age : 19
Joined : 2012-02-21
Posts : 1737

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 1:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
"mud moose"?? Sorry you guys but... I don´t get it scratch Embarassed Embarassed
The splashing mud kind of looks like the shape of a moose.
something like this:
Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was thinking the same thing! affraid

_________________
Kelsey  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Ok, thanks for the intervention, because otherwise I really offended him: D
Still, I think zebras are smarter than gnu and gnu do not reach 50 mph, it is impossible at a weight of 230 kg. Tell Martin himself. That kind of wildebeest running as fast as a gazelle? This is simply ridiculous!
Greetings! Wink
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 1:10 pm

You can stop talking about it, "elk or moose"? It's just specters -. -,
Back to top Go down
kudu11



Country/State : Illinois, USA
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-07-15
Posts : 209

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 3:02 pm

thank you martin for settling this I am sorry I took this a little off topic.Just one last comment, gazelles need to run 60mph to escape the 75mph cheetah
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 5:40 pm

I disagree with you again that the cheetah 75 mph .. it's too much! And even if it does, and so only a few seconds, and the gazelle had reached 60 mph, it ran much longer than that of the speed of a cheetah, cheetah so would have no chance of catching a gazelle. But I've finished this discussion, I greet you! :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator


Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 34
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 6:33 pm

OK Daniel... enough! I don´t want to attack you, but enough! It doesn´t matter who is faster so skip it!

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
skysthelimit



Country/State : Serbia
Age : 39
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4070

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 7:02 pm

Laughing Laughing

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
scot(t)



Country/State : USA
Age : 48
Joined : 2012-03-03
Posts : 2996

PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Sun May 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank you Martin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: zebra vs. crocodile   Today at 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
 
zebra vs. crocodile
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» crocodile here
» Mojo Zebra and Clydesdale
» The 2012 MOJO FUN Nile crocodile walkaround by Kikimalou
» Zebra painting made ​​by me :)
» How to make a Crocodile Scale Stitch - video

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Dioramas & Outdoor photos :: Outdoor photos-
Jump to: