Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection

Go down 
+9
Defteros
Duck-Anch-Amun
ken yeo
widukind
Roger
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
weaselfan93
13 posters
AuthorMessage
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection Empty
PostSubject: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 am

Finally after three weeks of waiting they arrived! The opossum or 'possum is very nice and has three cute baby opossums on its back. The badger has a strange design but it is still very good and probably the best American Badger ever made. As as far as i know, Safari is the only one who has made a Virginia opossum replica. Here are the pictures:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:03 am

Congratulation for your new additions Lance Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 am

Ahhh! Lucky you! Two Safaris that I wish for cheers

Congratulations, those are wonderful figueres I love you flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 am

Congratulations Lance! They are awesome additions cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Two nice species! Congratulations! Both are missing in my collection, is the gambá nice enough??? I'm not sure I like the opossum! But there's no other! scratch
Back to top Go down
weaselfan93

weaselfan93

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:41 pm

Roger wrote:
Two nice species! Congratulations! Both are missing in my collection, is the gambá nice enough??? I'm not sure I like the opossum! But there's no other! scratch

The badger is nice, but i would recommend the Schleich badger before it, due to the Safari badger's smallish size and somewhat odd design. and it does not look much like the catalog picture. Cool
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 9:46 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

The badger is nice, but i would recommend the Schleich badger before it, due to the Safari badger's smallish size and somewhat odd design. and it does not look much like the catalog picture. Cool

Thanks Lance! I already have the Schleich European badger and also the CollectA, but the Safari is a different species I will want it anyway! I don't mind with the large size of the American badger, as Kiki said it is a 1:10 scale figure so not too big! I am really not sure about the opossun, gambá in Portuguese language, but again there's no other! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Congratulation!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Congratulation!

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:30 pm

I was searching a Topic where is spoken about Safari's Opposum and this was the only that I found Wink sry when this older topic is now on the top Razz
I was asking myself about the Oppossum if I should buy it or not...I'm a little bit sceptic about his size. How does it look with other replicas? Has anyone photos with the opposum and other safri replicas to control if the size isn't too big for me?
Thx :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:47 pm

The oppossum is an "IC" model, it means it is BIG, at least a lot bigger than WWmodels, maybe the size of an elephant IMHO.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
The oppossum is an "IC" model, it means it is BIG, at least a lot bigger than WWmodels, maybe the size of an elephant IMHO.

What a darned shame Crying or Very sad

Perhaps they could make a smaller one later Very Happy bounce drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:24 pm

weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

The schleich badger is the odd design, Safari's is much more accurate
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:19 pm

Defteros wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks, honestly I like both and they are different species, not only in color but also in morphology. About the size I think both are very large but it doesn't hurt me. :)

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 6:37 pm

Very Happy great animals ! I like safari because it make realistic replicas..
Back to top Go down
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Roger wrote:
Defteros wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thanks, honestly I like both and they are different species, not only in color but also in morphology. About the size I think both are very large but it doesn't hurt me. :)

I want to second what Roger says here. The European Badger (by Schleich) and the American Badger are different species and the actual animals (in real life) look quite different. The schleich model looks much more like a European Badger than the Safari American Badger model. However, it may be that Schleich's model is not as accurate as Badgers by some other companies (like CollectA or Mojo), but I'll leave that discussion for later.

Here is a picture that shows how the Schleich is actually close to the target they are trying to hit:

They only other company I know of that made an American Badger is Playvisions and the Safari is (in my opinion) much better. Very Happy

Again, another picture of a real Badger, this time, an American. Safari got this spot on.

Back to top Go down
Defteros

Defteros

Country/State : Mexico

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Roger wrote:
Defteros wrote:
weaselfan93 wrote:
Roger wrote:

I now they're different species, I was talking of accuracy in general.
Back to top Go down
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:06 pm

Great figures Very Happy
Congrats WEASELFAN93cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Blublub

Blublub

Country/State : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Yeah, that opossum is a nice model but completely out-of-scale (as big as a Schleich lion). If they could use the design at 1/3 the size it would be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection   New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection Empty

Back to top Go down

New Badger and Opossum additions to my Safari Collection
Page 1 of 1