Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

I was was several purposes in the city this week, and i couldn't resist 2 of the new Schleich figurines for 2011.
There was not to much, besides the rabbits, grey geese and some horses.
But as i want to collect wildlife, marine-life, cats and dogs only now, or related to that, i made the following choice...

The 2 new items...

14630 Schleich Cape Buffalo.

14646 Schleich Wolverine.

They didn't have the calf of the Cape buffalo, so this will come afterwards, and more of the Schleich wildlife of course, and some cats and rabbits.

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:42 pm

... Congrats Willy! I think this wolverine is the best model for present! Wink

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Congratulations Willy! Both are nice figures! cheers
Is it a cow, I can't remember??? scratch
Ahah! I also think the wolverine is the best, it is easy to be the best when there is no other in the market! There's an important flaw in this figure but it doesn't matter, I also have the wolverine and I like it! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:01 am

No it's not a cow Suspect Laughing for some reason Schleich made a bull and calf.
Congratulations Willy, I love the cape buffalo - I haven't bought the Wolverine yet but I like him too cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:11 am

@Roger wrote:
Ahah! I also think the wolverine is the best, it is easy to be the best when there is no other in the market! There's an important flaw in this figure but it doesn't matter, I also have the wolverine and I like it! :)

Roger, aren't the legs far too thick to be similar to most wolverine species? When I look at this figurine, I'm not sure if I'm looking at a wolverine or a bear...!
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:13 am

Congratulations, Willy, on getting these figurines... cheers I like the buffalo, but am not sold on the wolverine - but at least someone finally put one on the market.

By the way, just out of curiosity, are you going to purchase the cats and dog activity packs introduced in May? I finally saw them in a store, along with the forestry worker pack, and they are really quite lovely, although I wasn't thrilled when I realized that all four sets will cost me $100 plus sales tax... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 am

@schleich61 wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Roger, aren't the legs far too thick to be similar to most wolverine species? When I look at this figurine, I'm not sure if I'm looking at a wolverine or a bear...!

Exactly, what's up is that wolverines have a half-plantigrad locomotion and are not completly plantigrad as bears! The completly plantigrad pose of the Schleich figure in hind legs, put the tickest part of the leg near the floor and it looks like a small bear in fact and of course the legs looks to thick. I don't know if it is a flaw or Schleich did it to the figure sell like a small bear for children, even the choice for a coat with low contrasst makes me think of it! Suspect
Phil, is not easy for me explain it in English but I hope you understand....

On the other hand the Bullyland wolverine looks digitigrad but surely doesn't look like a bear....

Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:13 am

Thank you, Roger, for your excellent explanation; I found it to be easily understood. Also, I believe that the Bully version is closer to reality than the Schleich version. Nevertheless, I'm glad Schleich now has a version of this creature, as it is one of the only new Schleich wildlife figurines that I've found interests me... What a Face
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 am

Thank you Sergey, Rogerio, Harriet and Phil! Very Happy

Yes, the wolverine has its legs to thick, but that is nothing new in Schleich, isn't it...
And it is to chubby overall like always...
I still don't understand how their sculptors seem to work sometimes, they can learn so much from the sculptors from the other modern companies! Shocked
But as it is the only one, with the Bullyand one, it is ok for me now.

And Harriet, haha, yes i made a very big mistake indeed! Embarassed
I assumed in the first place, that the Cape buffalo was a cow, as it came out with a calf...
Now you mentioned it, i looks a little bit better at the "details", and saw that is was a bull indeed.
But this means again, that the model has its flows, the horns and body are not big are massive enough for a male Cape buffalo..., to bad again Schleich, shame on you! Evil or Very Mad Shocked
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:09 am

Congratulations, Willy. Those are absolutely "must-haves" for Schelich collectors, I think Very Happy

About the wolverine, - the head is perhaps also somewhat too large. I agree that they made it like that in order to appeal more to children ( or their grandmother Laughing )

Perhaps it would be an idea for Mojo in the future?

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks Susanne.
Well, i think they are not only good for Schleich collectors.
Both are good models, although they have their flows... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:19 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
Congratulations, Willy. Those are absolutely "must-haves" for Schelich collectors, I think Very Happy

About the wolverine, - the head is perhaps also somewhat too large. I agree that they made it like that in order to appeal more to children ( or their grandmother Laughing )

Perhaps it would be an idea for Mojo in the future?

Which idea Susanne??? The buffalo, wolverine or apealing strategy??? Laughing
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Congrats Willy!

After seeing the comparison of Bullyland & Schleich wolverine. I still feel that schleich should improve the accuracy of the small details. Even through the main target audience is children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 pm

@schleich61 wrote:
Thank you, Roger, for your excellent explanation; I found it to be easily understood. Also, I believe that the Bully version is closer to reality than the Schleich version. Nevertheless, I'm glad Schleich now has a version of this creature, as it is one of the only new Schleich wildlife figurines that I've found interests me... What a Face

Thanks Phil! I also would love to have the Bullyland figure and as I told I already have the Schleich and both are interesting figures for collectors. And it is not every year that we have such an interesting species! Of course all figures have their flaws but we are here to comment because we always want better and better, isn't it???
I don't mind if other brand makes another wolverine but of course I'd loved a even better one! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm

Congratulation Willy, both are not perfect but very good models. Very Happy

I think Schleich models are less chubby this year, looking at the kudus and badger, it's also true with the Cape buffalo, the proportion are better than in the past. So it's a good point for SCHLEICH this year.

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 pm

@Roger wrote:

Erhhm, idea ? - chocolate cake ??? Shocked

Sorry Embarassed No, a perfect wolverine Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:33 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken
When someone eats a lot of chocolate we call in Portugal a glutão! Glutão is also someone that eats a lot! Glutão is even the Portuguese name for a wolverine!
OK, I'll tell Mojo to make a perfect wolverine, chocolate eater! Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:50 pm

@Roger wrote:
@schleich61 wrote:

Thanks Phil! I also would love to have the Bullyland figure and as I told I already have the Schleich and both are interesting figures for collectors. And it is not every year that we have such an interesting species! Of course all figures have their flaws but we are here to comment because we always want better and better, isn't it???
I don't mind if other brand makes another wolverine but of course I'd loved a even better one! Very Happy

Yes, it is a figurine I'd been dying for Schleich to produce for some time, but for me, it is the only such one released this year, which is a big disappointment for me. This reminds me that I need to pick one up soon. Hopefully, other brands will also feature this fascinating creature.

Now if I could only get Schleich to make some more interesting wildlife figurines, like a platypus, taz devil, echidna, wombat, capybara, zebu, bongo, cape hunting dog, muskrat, skunk, potto, cuscus, pangolin, serval, babirusa, monitors, uromastyx, anaconda, soft-shelled turtle, giant salamander, gibbon, coatimundi, sloth, etc., etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:51 pm

@Roger wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken
When someone eats a lot of chocolate we call in Portugal a glutão! Glutão is also someone that eats a lot! Glutão is even the Portuguese name for a wolverine!
OK, I'll tell Mojo to make a perfect wolverine, chocolate eater! Very Happy Wink

Just like the German word for it - vielfraß...!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

@Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

Laughing We call somebody who eats a lot a Gourmand !!! tongue
I think it is a glutton in English Laughing
Here we are calling it en jærv alien

Yes, yes, please ask Mojo to make a perfect glutão-glutton-wolverine-jærv-animal cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:53 pm

@SUSANNE wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

Yes, yes, please ask Mojo to make a perfect glutão-glutton-wolverine-jærv-animal cheers

In France, someone who eats without hunger is a gourmand, someone who eats too much and too fast is a glouton; It's not excatly the same Wink
Glouton is how we are calling a wolverine here Laughing

schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:05 pm

@Kikimalou wrote:
@SUSANNE wrote:
@Roger wrote:

Oh! What a Face drunken

In France, someone who eats without hunger is a gourmand, someone who eats too much and too fast is a glouton; It's not excatly the same Wink
Glouton is how we are calling a wolverine here Laughing

Yes, a "gourmand" and a "gourmet" are very different creatures. Of course, when it comes to wine, Christophe is a true "gourmet" from what I understand... :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:27 am

In Portuguese we have many words with slightly different meanings, but glutão works for every senses. In Italian ghiotone is also the same, I think, because there are a lot of restaurants in Italia with this name! :)
Maybe our friend Paolo knows something about it.
The only thing I can say about Mojo 2012 is that we will have a lot of new figures! Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 am

In Dutch it is "Veelvraat" which is exactly the same as in the German "Vielfrass", which is literally somebody who eats very much.
But the name came from the old Norwegian "fjellfross", which means actually mountaincat, as Fjell means mountain, and fross means male cat... Rolling Eyes
So this explains the Dutch and German names... Cool
But this animal can eat quit much in one time indeed, and he is quit ferogeous to, he is not afraid of any bigger animal he encounters in the wild! affraid
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am

Congratulations Willy for your new additions.

I am not a big fan of this Schleich's Cape Buffalo either. After Papo released their Cape Buffalo last year, I am sure Schleich should make their version even much better?

But still it is still consider a good addition for the collectors after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...   Today at 7:22 pm

Back to top Go down

Finally some 2011 Schleichs for me...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next