Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what is your least favourite schleich that you own

Go down 
+12
spikesilkenwolf
Kikimalou
MartinH
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Sumo
SyLoBe
Roger
Kristie
HKHollinstone
Raptor
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 8:37

ew, that horse is pretty fugly. what's it supposed to be?

i'm lucky: i like all the Schleich sheep. if i had to pick a least favorite, i guess i'd say the Lamb Lying #13284. There's nothing wrong with it, but it's not particularly interesting. and it sometimes reminds me of a poodle, which is not a good thing for a sheep to do.

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 9:16

schleich61 wrote:
Maybe any horse introduced in the last three years... Crying or Very sad

Funny that you say it Shocked
That is my feeling also, - they are just not interesting like the older ones were Crying or Very sad

Actually I only took them out of the plastic bags to take pictures for my site, and then put them back and into a storage box. Never felt like having them out for show Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:00

SUSANNE wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

That is my feeling also, - they are just not interesting like the older ones were Crying or Very sad

Actually I only took them out of the plastic bags to take pictures for my site, and then put them back and into a storage box. Never felt like having them out for show Rolling Eyes
I loved the friesian stallion and almost all of the horses that came out for 2010. but andalusians , lusitanos and black forest horses. and look at the shetland pony he looks like a mini Friesain!!! that one was a very good year for me anyway! but i can see where your coming from. they did use to look a lot different!

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 19:35

I honestly love very very few Schleich Replicas as i don't like the style of creating chubby and cute looking animals with short legs, no matter which species. But some are incredibly strange, as the "megamouth-orcas", "pot-smoking-rat-face"- or "cauliflower-head" lions and -tigers,.....
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 23:21

Martin H.: I love the Schleich aesthetic "style" of horse design up to about 2009 or so. Since then, all of their new horses have a "textured" skin surface and stylized manes that I simply dislike intensely. I think these new features are overdone and not reflective of what most of these horses actually look like. I also think they are ugly, but of course, these are just my entirely subjective value judgments which are solely a matter of personal taste.

For the record, although I am a most adventurous eater, I still don't like bitter melon, natto, herring roe, new zealand cherry tomatoes, tripe or low-quality coffee..... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2011 - 23:37

SUSANNE wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

Well Susanne, great minds think alike... Laughing

I prefer the clean classic lines of the 13204 Pferd Braun, 13210 Pferd Weiss variants and 13216 Pferdgaloppierend, as well as the almost Teutonic strength of the 13222 Shire Wallach (mit Stehmähne).

Needless to say, I rate Breyers quite highly, in general.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2011 - 8:31

spikesilkenwolf wrote:

......but i can see where your coming from. they did use to look a lot different!

You are right, I think the old ones had much more "soul". I am not that interested in strict accuracy, I can look at photoes for that. I like them to tell me something Wink

schleich61 wrote:

Well Susanne, great minds think alike... Laughing

cheers lol!

schleich61 wrote:

I prefer the clean classic lines of the 13204 Pferd Braun, 13210 Pferd Weiss variants and 13216 Pferdgaloppierend, as well as the almost Teutonic strength of the 13222 Shire Wallach (mit Stehmähne).

AND "the swishing tails " bounce Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011 - 5:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And back to the arabian. this was him after his run in with the toster oven. he now stands nice and square. (i also added to his tail)

spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2011 - 5:30

SUSANNE wrote:
spikesilkenwolf wrote:

......but i can see where your coming from. they did use to look a lot different!

You are right, I think the old ones had much more "soul". I am not that interested in strict accuracy, I can look at photoes for that. I like them to tell me something Wink

Most def lots of soul! something more classic about them. i still really like -SOME- of the new ones mostly becasue i love model horses and im like"Oh i can't wait to add him/her to my stable. Or i want to paint that one to look like this color. I REALLy wish i could find some more of the PAPO barb mares. i want one to keep the color they come in and like a bunch to custom paint:(but they are so hard to find. I think that model has a lot of soul plus it has a lovely long mane...

essimon

essimon

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 18:29

I hate the palomino horse. I don't know why exactly, but it is ugly. It looks like lazy pony with fat neck and only thing that reminds from palomino is the color. Tough it could be a bit shiny.

Also the new arabian stallion is on top three on list of the ugliest schleich models. He is furry (why???? Arabian horses aren't furry at all! Surprised) and the bended legs look idiotic. What's wrong with him? The model would have been OK if the horse would have just stood still normally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myschleich.blogspot.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySat 3 Sep 2011 - 22:24

essimon wrote:
I hate the palomino horse. I don't know why exactly, but it is ugly. It looks like lazy pony with fat neck and only thing that reminds from palomino is the color. Tough it could be a bit shiny.
I don't like him either No

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 3:28

HKHollinstone wrote:
essimon wrote:
I don't like him either No

Oh i love his big eyes and roman nose:(

spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 4:41

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 6:30

schleich61 wrote:

For the record, although I am a most adventurous eater, I still don't like bitter melon,

Shocked affraid bitter melon!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
the only thing i've ever spat out on my plate at a dinner party. (With advance permission of the hostess, i must add. Her husband warned me, but she dared me. How could i not?)

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 7:58

Mastiffcat wrote:
schleich61 wrote:

For the record, although I am a most adventurous eater, I still don't like bitter melon,

Shocked affraid bitter melon!!! affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
the only thing i've ever spat out on my plate at a dinner party. (With advance permission of the hostess, i must add. Her husband warned me, but she dared me. How could i not?)

Big props to you for having the courage to sample it... :) Bitter Melon and Beef stir-fry is a very popular common dish, and it is reputed to also complement duck nicely. Personally, I just avoid it.
If you think bitter melon is bad, try natto (Japanese fermented soybeans) and herring roe ("kazukono" in Japanese). They are also quite bitter, but in very different ways than bitter melon. I have posted photos of these three below. For the record, I love bok choy, hoppy (thus, bitter) beer, and brussels sprouts.

Sometimes, the same food item, if fed to different people, will result in each experiencing different tastes, or even no taste at all. This is because of the presence or lack of a specific gene in the individuals themselves.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 8:41

Ohhh, Lacey, you made a real beauty out of that palomino cheers
It IS true that tge grey colour make a hores seem more elegant Very Happy
Wonderful repaint !!!!!

schleich61 wrote:

Sometimes, the same food item, if fed to different people, will result in each experiencing different tastes, or even no taste at all. This is because of the presence or lack of a specific gene in the individuals themselves.

I have sometimes wondered if the same goes for colours scratch
The way some people love a colour that others think is ugly.

I also see colours different with each eye. If I hold a hand before my right eye the colours are more "warm" . If I hold my left eye, the colours are more blue cyclops

Back to top Go down
essimon

essimon

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 17:41

"I also see colours different with each eye. If I hold a hand before my right eye the colours are more "warm" . If I hold my left eye, the colours are more blue "

Oh my god, that's crazy! I noticed the same, but the opposite! With only right eye the colours are more warm ._.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myschleich.blogspot.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptySun 4 Sep 2011 - 18:05

That is funny Laughing

Imagine if others see every colour different from what I do. We will never know, because we have learned that "that colour" is called that name scratch Suspect Laughing

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2011 - 8:11

SUSANNE wrote:
That is funny Laughing

Imagine if others see every colour different from what I do. We will never know, because we have learned that "that colour" is called that name scratch Suspect Laughing

that is a weird thought!
I see different colours with my eyes also, it's roughly the same as you Susanne and Essi. One eye see's more orange colours and the other blues.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your least favourite schleich that you own   what is your least favourite schleich that you own - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

what is your least favourite schleich that you own
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2