Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Who is our Forester?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

Who is our Forester? Empty
PostSubject: Who is our Forester?   Who is our Forester? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 am

On another part of thei Forum, a few kind people have been trying to help us identify "Mr. Tallman", a Forester made in some sort of composition with a heavy plaster content.

Here are a few comparison pics which may help with the identification.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
All are composition Foresters, with Mr. Tallman second from the right. All of them represent older men, with grey beards. All but Mr. Tallman wear sensible long boots.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
On the left, an Elastolin Forester; on the right, a Forester from a Tipple-Topple mould.

Our mystery man has a wire armature, no base marks under his square base and his paint is slightly glossy.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Who is our Forester?   Who is our Forester? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 1:00 pm

I don`t know anything about it, but I do know when I see fantastic figueres, - they are just wonderful cheers

I am always very exited when I see you two have entered a new subject, - and never, ever disapointed Very Happy

Please, please keep them comming ! I hope you don`t mind my writing even if I am an ignorant in these gorgeous, old figueres of yours Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Who is our Forester?   Who is our Forester? EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:06 pm

Very nice collection of composition forresters Sue and Lesley! cheers
Some of them do look quit new, as if never played with... Very Happy
I am afraid, i can't help you on this, i only own 2 of the softplastic Hausser Elastolins myself... Neutral

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Who is our Forester?   Who is our Forester? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:39 pm

I just found this subject again, and having recently got Bullyland chamois, I notice he is wearing a hat with the famous tuft of Chamois-hair ( We call it a Gemsefjer, Chamois-feather Rolling Eyes ).
Also his short, laced boots are made for walking in mountains, he is certainly a man from the Alps.

I don`t know if it this helps at all, - probably not.
But they ARE so wonderful, those figueres cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is our Forester?   Who is our Forester? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is our Forester?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: LINEOL - ELASTOLIN and German companies-
Jump to: