Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Around the world with my horses

Go down 
+7
STORMnl
Zwartvoet
widukind
HKHollinstone
SUSANNE
Kristie
Siobhan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Siobhan

Siobhan

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

Around the world with my horses Empty
PostSubject: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 11:22 pm

... aka Siobhan's Horse Collection again :) I put pics of my collection in the Schleich section once, but I'm going to do it again because 1) these pics might be better because I didn't cram as many horses into them as last time 2) my collection has grown somewhat since I last showed it! Oh, and 3) I came up with a nice theme for presenting my collection.
The theme is: Schleich Horse Breeds Around the World. Ever since I learned to be a "horse girl" I got really interested in different breeds, and from which country each breed originates. One thing I like about the Schleich horses series is that it presents breeds from around the world – which is probably true for other brands too, but I just happen to focus on Schleich.
Enough babbling now. Ladies and gentlemen, make sure you have your reins firmly in your hands and your feet securely in your stirrups so you don't fall off when we head on for a trip around the horsey world...

As I, your tour guide, am Finnish, it's only natural to start from Northern Europe. Unfortunately we don't have a Finnhorse for you to see but we do have the Knabstrupper (from Denmark of course), the Norwegian Fjord Horse and the Icelandic horse! You gotta be a tough horse to survive up North where it's cold and dark Wink
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Moving southwards. Next stop, Holland! There we have the majestic Friesian that is adored around the world, which is no surprise. These black horses were near extinction when horses were no longer needed to work in the farms, but luckily it survived!

The next country is Germany, which is home to so many remarkable breeds that they will be presented in two separate photos. First, take a look at the Hanoverians, which are one of the most popular sport horses everywhere.

In addition to Hanoverians, we have here the rare Black Forest horse, and the Trakehner and the Holsteiner, which are also popular sport horses.

Bienvenue en France! France is home to many very different breeds, like these two: the massive Percheron and the small, hardy Camargue horse.

Moving eastwards, to Austria. Everyone who knows anything about horses knows, and adores, the white Lipizzaners who perform haute école in the Spanish Riding School of Vienna. Their neighbors, the Haflingers, are tough and sure-footed enough to travel through the Alps. Similarly to the Icelandic horse, you should be careful not to call the Haflinger a pony even though it's pony-sized.

The southernmost European breeds to introduce are the two Iberian breeds: the Lusitano from Portugal, and the Pura Raza Española, formerly known as the Andalusian horse, from Spain. These two breeds are so closely related that they used to be considered one and the same breed. These beauties are one of my personal favourites...

Leaving the mainland, for... Great Britain! Again, there are so many British breeds to introduce that we will start with Scotland. Kind of nice, how one of the largest and one of the smallest breeds originate from the same country! I'm talking about the Clydesdale horse and the Shetland pony, of course.

Now you get to really see the diversity of breeds in England. The gentle, gigantic Shire horse; the enourmously fast, athletic English Thoroughbred; and the two cute and compact pony breeds, the Dartmoor pony and the riding pony, which isn't an actual breed but a type

The last European country and breed on this tour: Ireland and the Tinker horse, known by many other names such as the Irish Cob and the Gypsy Vanner. These are versatile horses that can do almost anything and be almost any colour.

Leaving Europe and heading to the exotic Orient. From the Arabian peninsula originates the Arabian horse, which is not only considered the most beautiful horse in the world, but also there are very few breeds in the world to whose development the Arabian hasn't contributed to at some point.

The Asian part of this tour is short, as there are only two breeds left to introduce, and as we only have one horse of each to show, they were put into the same picture. On the left there is the delicate-looking, but extremely adaptable Akhal-teke, from Turkmenistan, and on the right you can see the Przewalski's horse from Mongolia, the last true wild horse in the world.

Yeehaaw, we have arrived in the USA, where the cowboys live. America is famous for its "colour breeds", meaning that the breed is defined primarily by the horses' colour. Here you can see the the easily recognizable "colour breeds": the spotted Appaloosa, the golden Palomino and the piebald/skewbald Pinto.

That wasn't all we have to show of American horse breeds. Meet the small and versatile Morgan, the wild Mustang, the Tennessee Walking Horse that is famous for its unusual gaits, and the Quarter horse, which is the true cowboy steed.

One continent left to explore, which is South America. Argentina is where the tiny Falabella comes from. Despite their size, Falabellas are classified as horses because they do resemble horses rather than ponies proportion-wise – they just happen to be small!

Here are the last six horses whose breed is not defined. The third one from the right is the special model Satchmo!

I sincerely thank you for participating on this tour, hope you enjoyed it and didn't get too exhausted as we travelled quite a distance Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:38 am

Fantastic tour and collection! Thanks for sharing!

I am very jealous of your grazing Camargue!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:17 am

What an impressive trip around the world ! I enjoyed it very, very much Very Happy

Your collection is wonderful, and you know so much about the horses !

The way you write, I admire that a lot also, are you going to be a journalist?
It is hard to write about a large subject so short and precise, fluend and interesting at the same time, - very impressive cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 9:29 am

Gorgeous collection Matilda!! Thanks for the tour cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 pm

A very nice horse collection- and my little daugther ask me- why i dont have so a lot of horses. Her favourites are also the horses, and the dolphins!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:14 pm

A late reaction, sorry I have been away to Germany and to some friends.

A really nice trip around the world, and great pictures!

Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 9:20 pm

thats a very nice collection

never saw so much different horses

great collection

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 pm

thank you for the wonderful tour!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:03 am

Congratulations Matilada, you did a wonderful job here! This topic is very interesting and very well done! cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:42 pm

I love it and enjoy reading it. Thanks!!

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 10:09 am

Thank you for the tour) That was really interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Around the world with my horses   Around the world with my horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Around the world with my horses
Page 1 of 1