Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?

Go down 
+6
landrover
skysthelimit
SUSANNE
Roger
widukind
Mastiffcat
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm

Has any company made a good figure of an English Mastiff?
For that matter, has any company made any English Mastiff?
Plenty of Great Danes, but no English, or French Dogges, or Neapolitan Mastiffs. Why not? Neutral question

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:53 am

I dont know, but NewRay , Bully(land) and Schleich have a lot of dogs. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I've found this one in CQ, from Yugin, is it nice enough for you???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:07 pm

It seems they are all trotting happily in the heels of each other making the same dogs Suspect
There are some awesome dogs among the large mastifs, some of them ancient and fascinating animals Very Happy

For years I have been looking almost in vain for gazehounds.
Last year, however, was a fantastic year for the gazehounds : CollectA made both an Afghan hound and pup, and a greyhound ( the puppy looks like a whippet), and Papo made a very nice greyhound Very Happy

I wonder why nobody makes an Irish Wolfhound. It is very popular, well known and fantastic looking. Personally I like the Scottich deerhound better, but it is not so popular.

Ahh, Roger just entered a wonderful picture cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:

I wonder why nobody makes an Irish Wolfhound. It is very popular, well known and fantastic looking.
Aaah, my favorite hunting dog since I saw "13th Warrior" Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:20 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
It seems they are all trotting happily in the heels of each other making the same dogs Suspect
There are some awesome dogs among the large mastifs, some of them ancient and fascinating animals Very Happy

For years I have been looking almost in vain for gazehounds.
Last year, however, was a fantastic year for the gazehounds : CollectA made both an Afghan hound and pup, and a greyhound ( the puppy looks like a whippet), and Papo made a very nice greyhound Very Happy

I wonder why nobody makes an Irish Wolfhound. It is very popular, well known and fantastic looking. Personally I like the Scottich deerhound better, but it is not so popular.

Ahh, Roger just entered a wonderful picture cheers

Not mine! Sad it was tagged as an English Mastiff! There is also a puppy!
here
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:39 pm

:) :)

Mastiff by New-ray but he has no black mask

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:18 pm

Roger wrote:
I've found this one in CQ, from Yugin, is it nice enough for you???

not quite. Hard to tell at that angle, but looks like the body proportions aren't right and the head is off. But they get lots of points for at least making it recognizable as an OEM! (Old English Mastiff, although the "old" is generally used only to supply the O for OEM.)
The puppy is cute! Head looks a little better than the adult's, but the body's still not right.

Alas, the New-ray wouldn't look like an OEM even if it did have a mask. Muzzle's all wrong. Cute doggie, but not a Mastiff.

But oh my! Yujin has a Tosa! I didn't even ask about them, since they're so rare. And in ceremonial garb no less! That's a good mastiff head!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I dont know, is this interesting for you:

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:15 pm

widukind wrote:
I dont know, is this interesting for you:

thank you! That's the best OEM i've seen so far! It has issues, of course, but it's still very good!
it's funny, but most Mastiff things i have (other than my dogs of course!) were given to me. i guess because i have the real thing lying around my house, i don't feel compelled to buy Mastiff figures. although i'll probaby get this figure some day if i see it in fawn color.

googie212

Country/State : Georgia

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 2:09 pm

No, at least not yet....

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

I have a rather good OEM lying down but its ceramic. Very Happy

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 4:12 pm

If you like Sandicast, they make wonderful dog sculptures. I have been eyeing this fawn mastiff for a while on Amazon:

I wish they had a black one to look like my cane corso, but I suppose that would be an easy customization.

pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Carolynn, your dog's face looks so familiar! When I was growing up, we had Australian Shepherds and English Mastiffs. Our dogs came from the Valiant kennel, so were good ones. Our last one was bred by a couple that emigrated from England with their Namous/Masnou dogs. Have you found any good figures yet? The Sandicast ones are the only ones I can think of besides one-offs from dog shows. (The sculptor was a Mastiff owner- you should see the life size puppy one!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?   Has anyone made a good English Mastiff? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone made a good English Mastiff?
Page 1 of 1