Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Auburn animals in my zoo

Go down 
+7
Ana
xfoxx
Tiermann
Kikimalou
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
widukind
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Auburn animals in my zoo   The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:58 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Gia Wonder wrote:
I soaked my white Arburn animals in Efferendent (a denture cleaning).  The animals turned out very white.  But the process removed the shiny covering.  Any suggestions on what I might use to reseal the rubber and improve the finish?

How many did you give this treatment to?

If not too many, and remembering that pencil erasers (which we call rubbers in the UK) are often open textured when new, but get that shiny covering with age and use, I suggest you try handling them a lot, and the grease from human skin seems to do the job.

Rub them all over when you're clean, but really sweaty! Embarassed  Laughing

I suppose you could try hand cream.

As both of you are informed about Auburn, I am sorry but I needed to ask. I have two Auburn foxes, the white looks the normal we can see in the Internet, the black is mirrored. Is it normal regarding Auburn figures?
The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 Auburn-red-fox_zps2c5f43a6
The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 Auburn-White-fox_zps4d1e0a6c

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Auburn animals in my zoo   The Auburn animals in my zoo - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 11:14 pm

The shininess is not unusual. Is it still as flexible as the other one? If so then it's just surface patina from being handled. Brand new from package ones have a smooth surface but aren't really shiny. They pick up the shine from being handled. If it is harder, then someone may have coated it with something like a gloss finish. I wouldn't consider it a problem either way unless it bothers you. If it does try scrubbing it lightly with a toothbrush, that should break down the gloss surface a bit.

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info

The Auburn animals in my zoo
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3