Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 

The Auburn animals in my zoo

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Auburn animals in my zoo   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I soaked my white Arburn animals in Efferendent (a denture cleaning).  The animals turned out very white.  But the process removed the shiny covering.  Any suggestions on what I might use to reseal the rubber and improve the finish?

How many did you give this treatment to?

If not too many, and remembering that pencil erasers (which we call rubbers in the UK) are often open textured when new, but get that shiny covering with age and use, I suggest you try handling them a lot, and the grease from human skin seems to do the job.

Rub them all over when you're clean, but really sweaty! Embarassed  Laughing

I suppose you could try hand cream.

As both of you are informed about Auburn, I am sorry but I needed to ask. I have two Auburn foxes, the white looks the normal we can see in the Internet, the black is mirrored. Is it normal regarding Auburn figures?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ Rogério [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Auburn animals in my zoo   Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:14 am

The shininess is not unusual. Is it still as flexible as the other one? If so then it's just surface patina from being handled. Brand new from package ones have a smooth surface but aren't really shiny. They pick up the shine from being handled. If it is harder, then someone may have coated it with something like a gloss finish. I wouldn't consider it a problem either way unless it bothers you. If it does try scrubbing it lightly with a toothbrush, that should break down the gloss surface a bit.

Back to top Go down
http://schleich.animobil.info

The Auburn animals in my zoo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2