Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Timpo animals in my zoo

Go down 
+11
Lennart
Seijun
SUSANNE
PeGe
Taos
Philter4
Mastiffcat
Roger
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
widukind
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:34 am

I understand that in the eastern part of Germany, but for that, you can find nice variations on those VEB Plaho's! Very Happy

Stupidly enough i never take the time to visit flea-markets, although i have the time on my side at the moment.
I would find lots of stuff there... Rolling Eyes

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 12:48 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
I understand that in the eastern part of Germany, but for that, you can find nice variations on those VEB Plaho's! Very Happy

Stupidly enough i never take the time to visit flea-markets, although i have the time on my side at the moment.
I would find lots of stuff there... Rolling Eyes

Here you find also the very old stuff (Lineol), but in not so a good condition and very expensive. And you find not so much animals. I was on a flea-market in the western part and find so much more animal figurines.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Yes, i belive you on that! Wink

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Timpo Models   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:23 pm

These are some Timpo models that I have had since my childhood,still in reasonable condition and not too played with!!
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 4d4ed18b
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 4cdb3296
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 B1a331d3
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 7a05dc1a
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 Ac3facab
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 C644c256
The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 Cb7dd176
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:37 pm

Great models!! Congratulations!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
I only have the antelope!! But the deer and the ibex? are phantastic!! cheers cheers cheers

Can you tell me please the subspecies? scratch

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm

incredible sculpting!
What animal is the dancing one in the last pictures?
reminds me of the movie "meet the feebles", but it's not a hippo,... Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:30 pm

They are GOR-geous , WOW !!! cheers

PeGe wrote:
incredible sculpting!

The one that is there both in green and brown ? A giant sloth Wink

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 3:59 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are GOR-geous , WOW !!! cheers

PeGe wrote:
incredible sculpting!

The one that is there both in green and brown ? A giant sloth Wink
Thanks.
Of course it is, but it's looking like a dancing furry Iguanodon. geek

Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:44 pm

The deer is I think a Red Deer and the other is an Ibex.The Ground Sloth was made as 2 variants,Timpo sometimes did this with its models,one was palin and the other coloured.Again some of these older companies made really nice models.They are on the same scale as Britains.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Thank you Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Seijun

Seijun

Country/State : USA, OR

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Timpo's modern animals are lovely! Their prehistorics were horrendous. Here is my collection: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/3456/timpo
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:38 pm

I like Timpo Toys! My only Timpo is a lion I received from Harriet! flower I wished I had more. It is nice to know also the style of Philipp as a dancer! Wink

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Seijun wrote:
Timpo's modern animals are lovely! Their prehistorics were horrendous. Here is my collection: http://www.collectorsquest.com/collection/3456/timpo

Also congrats for your collection cheers cheers cheers

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Lennart

Country/State : Sweden

PostSubject: Strange Colours   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 pm

These one are a bit special. They are Timpo but they usually made them in colours that were so "natural" they could. And then Timpo painted them at least a little.

The Ibex is usually white with grey horns and the ostrich also white with black feathers...

/Lennart
Back to top Go down
Tiermann

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Those are great, thanks for sharing them. The Megatherium looks like the one by the JH Miller company in the US. Miller copied a lot so either they copied Timpo or they both copied the same other original

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
DaveScriv

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 10:17 pm

I thought I'd add photos of my collection of the earlier lead Timpo animals, starting with farm. Many of them were scaled down and simplified copies of German composition figures by Lineol. They can be seen in the Lineol 1938-39 pages in the old catalogues part of this vintage section. Pay particular attention to the guy pushing the weird barrow thing, which didn't make any sense as Timpo made it, but is somewhat more sensible in its original Lineol form.

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 <a href=The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11502338756_fae0384e6f" />

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 <a href=The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11502308794_9807bf51ed" />

Note that some of the animals are flock coated, done by a company called Laing for several London based toy figure makers.

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 <a href=The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11502355506_57aa8cae04" />

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 <a href=The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11502292055_9044c58a5e" />

[img]The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11502389283_154e2a4818[/img]

There were also some horse drawn farm carts etc., but I don't have any of them.
Timpo lead zoo to follow tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 12:26 am

Dave, you are a Christmas gift to our community! cheers
I enjoyed to know about the connection between Timpo and Lineol figures. Very Happy
Looking forward to see wild animals! bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 am

Timpo lead zoo

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11509990764_bba744321e

The 'Gypsy Organ Grinder', who's chain fits round the neck of the standing (/'dancing'?) brown bear is from Timpo's circus set, but I included it here because it is the only Timpo circus item I have, a topic I don't collect much as I don't like circuses. This figure is another example of how much social attitudes have changed over 60 years.

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11509963985_1fd8de8375

The charging bison was listed in Timpo's zoo range, but the pose is clearly more suitable for a wild west buffalo hunt.
Taylor & Barrett also made a charging bison/buffalo, which I imagine many kids mixed together to give a little variety in their herd stampeding across the plains (a.k.a. bedroom carpet)

The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 11510037756_932de5d2a6

Finally, some Timpo lead zoo flock covered by Laing.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 9:01 am

Fantastic collection Dave  cheers  Thank you for sharing your pics and knowledge with us  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:06 pm

Many thanks Dave, it is great to have a expert here.

Could you please tell me the material and the size of the White 2 ibex in the middle. Because i have a bigger brown ibex with in a old Lineol material they looks very similar.

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
DaveScriv

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 1:27 pm

widukind wrote:
Many thanks Dave, it is great to have a expert here.

Could you please tell me the material and the size of the White 2 ibex in the middle. Because i have a bigger brown ibex with in a old Lineol material they looks very similar.

They are lead, and in 1/32 scale, like all Timpo figures. Note, I used the same wooden blocks for all photos, so you can compare size with the zoo keepers in the photo above. As I said at the beginning of the Timpo lead farm post, Timpo copied, scaled down and simplified from Lineol composition figures for some of their farm, zoo and wild west ranges.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Thank you  sunny sunny 

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:23 am

I love these wild 1/32 animal figures. I don't collect them hardly but I own some plastic Britains and a single plastic Timpo. The only lead figure I own is a Britains camel. Very Happy
If there is a plastic version of this Timpo hippo I would love to have it in my collection. Very Happy
Thanks once more for sharing so interesting information with us. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 11:46 am

Roger wrote:
I love these wild 1/32 animal figures. I don't collect them hardly but I own some plastic Britains and a single plastic Timpo. The only lead figure I own is a Britains camel. Very Happy
If there is a plastic version of this Timpo hippo I would love to have it in my collection. Very Happy

No, the only hippo Timpo made in plastic was the one shown on the first page of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 5:07 pm

DaveScriv wrote:
Roger wrote:

No, the only hippo Timpo made in plastic was the one shown on the first page of this thread.

Oh, I see, on Willy pictures. Very Happy It is really nice too but I think I like best the lead version. Very Happy But there are many other plastic Timpo I really enjoy like the rhino, camel,etc. Very Happy Thanks! :)

PostSubject: Re: The Timpo animals in my zoo   The Timpo animals in my zoo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Timpo animals in my zoo
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next