Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland

Go down 
+4
widukind
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
Silver Unicornis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland Empty
PostSubject: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Day one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'll just mention that I had expected greater variety of breeds. Moreover, many photos turned out badly, because the dogs didn't want to cooperate Razz
Photos from day two soon.

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am

So many beautiful dogs, wonderful photos Magda - I love the wolf like dog cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am

I also like the wolf-like dog! Great pics! Thanks for sharing :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Oh, i miss a Sharpei. But also nice dogs.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Thanks guys :)

Andreas, I saw only one Sharpei but it was gone right after I noticed it. So no photos of Sharpei Neutral

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Wonderful pictures, - It is not often to see Basenjis Very Happy
Beautyful bullterrier Very Happy

That whippet is the fattest whippet I have ever seen Laughing Laughing

Looks like you had a great day, - I look forward to seing your next pictures !
Did you show a dog ?
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks, Susanne :)

You're right, I didn't notice that this Whippet was quite fat Laughing But this may be because he was from showing line, not racing one perhaps? Who knows Wink

No, I didn't show my dog. He has no pedigree and I'm sure he's not a purebred Miniaure Pincher. That's why he stayed at home with my parents then :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 10:57 am

Mangalarga wrote:
Thanks, Susanne :)

You're right, I didn't notice that this Whippet was quite fat Laughing But this may be because he was from showing line, not racing one perhaps? Who knows Wink

No, I didn't show my dog. He has no pedigree and I'm sure he's not a purebred Miniaure Pincher. That's why he stayed at home with my parents then :)

Ohh, you have a miniature pincher ! They are ever so wonderful, full of personality cheers
Never mind a pedigree. I hate taking dogs to shows, the exhibitors are so aggressive and always complain about the judges and criticize other people`s dogs Mad

But it is such great fun to watch. And if you don`t bring a dog, people are a lot more friendly Laughing

I think that a fat whippet is only a sign of too little exersise. But some lines are more apt to be fat than others, that is right Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Day two:

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am

Beauuutyful cheers

WOW, what a gorgeous WHITE borzoi, - stunning Shocked
And so many nice and rare breeds, I love the Pharao and the Chinese crested !

A Tibetan mastif ! I have never seen one before Very Happy

Thankyou for all the se great photoes flower sunny
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 am

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW, what a gorgeous WHITE borzoi, - stunning Shocked
I agree!
I love the Hovawart and Tibeta Mastiff cheers they are really beautiful pictures Magda, must have been fun taking them bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks Very Happy

Yes, it was fun, so many different breeds in one place. Anyway, I think I was focused on judging rings too much. If I manage to go next year I'll be more focused on what happens outside the rings, I'll also try to stay longer Laughing

Borzois, especially white ones, are simply gorgeous, I could watch them for hours I love you
About the Tibetan Mastiff - I thought they would be bigger and fluffier Razz But I assume this is the European type of this breed. But I still love this breed to death bounce I love you

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:22 pm

The Borzoi and Afghan hound are simply stunning !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:34 pm

wonderful photos! thanks for sharing!

Mangalarga wrote:

About the Tibetan Mastiff - I thought they would be bigger and fluffier Razz But I assume this is the European type of this breed. But I still love this breed to death bounce I love you
TMs aren't all that big -- from the perspective of an English Mastiff person Wink -- but they are generally bigger in the West than in countries of origin. In the West it seems all large breeds are in an "arms race" to make dogs even bigger, regardless of impacts to health and structure and temperament.
annoys the heck out of me. "My Doberman is 120 lbs!" Well, then why didn't you just get a Rottweiler?

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:06 am

The same with fur. The Afghan on the picture from the show here is a puppy.
Grown-up Afgahns now look like at well-combed haystack, where as the original dog had a phenonenal fur with wool, perfect for a hunting dogs belonging in cold mountains.

Before :

Now

Fortunately the saluki still looks like a saluki Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Nice pictures of beautiful dogs! I'm sure you enjoyed a lot, Magda! Thanks for sharing thhem with us! :)
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks Roger :)

You're right Susanne, it was still a young dog. However, there were some adult Afghan Hounds, but none of them had hair as long as the dog from the second photo you posted.

Carolynn, I have bad imagination when it comes to size, even with a ruler in hand Razz
I've noticed something opposite - many dogs were actually smaller than the were supposed to be. I've seen some tiny adult Shetland Sheepdogs, adult Rough Collies smaller that what I'm used to consider as Rough Collie (I've seen plenty Rough Collies in my life), but still too big to be Shetland Sheepdogs. And a German Shepherd which looked adult except for it's small size.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Mangalarga wrote:

Carolynn, I have bad imagination when it comes to size, even with a ruler in hand Razz
I've noticed something opposite - many dogs were actually smaller than the were supposed to be. I've seen some tiny adult Shetland Sheepdogs, adult Rough Collies smaller that what I'm used to consider as Rough Collie (I've seen plenty Rough Collies in my life), but still too big to be Shetland Sheepdogs. And a German Shepherd which looked adult except for it's small size.

yes, on the other hand are the nanotechnology dogs. I haven't seen that in large breeds like you mention, but the small breeds seem to be in a race to be the first to be seen with a microscope. why would anyone want a 4 pound / 1.8kg dog?! that's smaller than a tiny cat! i'd be afraid i'd step on it and kill it. at least a cat has the sense to get out of your way!

i admit to a touch of envy that the owners of nano-dogs can take their dogs with them everywhere, but then i remember, i don't want a "dog" like that with me!

PostSubject: Re: Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland   Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland Empty

Back to top Go down

Photos from International Dog Show CACIB in Sopot, Poland
Page 1 of 1