Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines

Go down 
+53
pm64
orcagirl26
crow
Netta_Rufina
bmathison1972
MARTINLATIN
remrock02
Suebeedo
SeanieP
Ana
sphyrna18
Andy DC
robertelephant
Sumo
Vivien
Deseo
dlfrogman
Tyler Loew
alexmotoc
smithyboy
WILLYBACOMAN
Rio
NilsFantasyFreak
ezhilan
ze_neto
spikesilkenwolf
Mastiffcat
Tupolew Tu-154
Numa
widukind
pachyrhinosaurus
joaovinicius16
SommoDracorex
ken yeo
Joan Milelire
signatus
Kiryuha
Sapphire
Roger
K907
SUSANNE
m.davis.15
STORMnl
Sergey
Cyhyraeth
skysthelimit
MartinH
baltimore zoo
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
Kikimalou
Silver Unicornis
Wildheart
57 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011 - 23:19

Kiryuha wrote:
sphyrna18 wrote:
...Safari's image is a promo - meaning that it looks like it has the "catalog shine", and the CollectA and Mojo sables are pics of the figures themselves....
That's an important remark, by the way! Catalog pics are so often rather far from reality...

That's the main problem, I confess I like the brand Safari, mainly when talking about diversity and sculptings but painting is almost always terrible and worst than in catalogue. I think people is already thinking that the painting will be not good as usual in many Safari figures! I'll wait to see! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011 - 23:25

Roger wrote:
That's the main problem, I confess I like the brand Safari, mainly when talking about diversity and sculptings but painting is almost always terrible and worst than in catalogue.
Strange enough, but paintwork can differ from the pics into both sides - positive and negative. Examples by Safari: seeing catalog pics, I didn't like the paintwork of their Flamingo, Mandarin Duck & Puffin, but in real life I liked them. Especially the flamingo - one of the best bird figurines of all times, for my personal taste.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2011 - 23:47

Thank you for sharing the link. cheers

The chipmunk sure is cute! Wonder how big they are making it?
The good luck flamigos...now you can buy a couple packages and actually have a flock of 100! Wink

Again, thanks for sharing.

flower Sue
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 0:08

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
That's the main problem, I confess I like the brand Safari, mainly when talking about diversity and sculptings but painting is almost always terrible and worst than in catalogue.
Strange enough, but paintwork can differ from the pics into both sides - positive and negative. Examples by Safari: seeing catalog pics, I didn't like the paintwork of their Flamingo, Mandarin Duck & Puffin, but in real life I liked them. Especially the flamingo - one of the best bird figurines of all times, for my personal taste.

I also like the puffin and anteater, but not the most part of them! :)
Back to top Go down
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 0:11

This is what Safari Ltd posted on my disappointment on the lack of sealife:

"Kevin sorry you're disappointed however we have demand for many different models and we were able to only introduce one Wild Safari Sealife this year. We will be introducing more next year."

To be honest I'm superpissed Evil or Very Mad and because of this, it just made my day go down. Lol oh well, sometimes I just wonder why I'm overreacting over an animal figure. I seem to be more looking foward to Collecta's stuff now. An

Last edited by K907 on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 3:45; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 0:15

I really like the new deer family and the black bear!!! I will get the sable too to help make a herd!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 0:20

This is quite a big dissappointment, no mahor new wildlife figures, only ONE sealife addition, some of the more obscure figures like the safariology are ok, the skulls tube is also. However there is nothing major, look at CollectA and Mojo, they are bold and have amazing new figures, elands, okapi, red river hog, walruses, killer whale etc. Why has Safari stopped? They are falling behind in the race!!
Back to top Go down
m.davis.15

m.davis.15

Country/State : Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 0:57

only 2 wildlife figures!!!!!!!!!!! Crying or Very sad oh well, hopefully papo treats us a little nicer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 1:17

Another Sable, thats four. cheers
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 1:19

My faves - White-tailed deer and Gypsy Vanner horse. These are the ones I'll definitely want to buy.
Others either don't appeal to me or are too big Neutral

Blog | Facebook

Last edited by Mangalarga on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 13:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 5:59

sphyrna18 wrote:
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

cant wait to have them,, my plus is that i live here in the usa,,,, yupppyyyyyyy alien alien alien alien
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 7:48

Never thought i'd ever hear myself say this, but i think the chipmunk is my favorite.* Shocked affraid i find it so appealing, and i don't even like chipmunks much. They fall in to the 'cute little rodent type thing, whatever'. But this little cutie is so sweet!

*Not counting the Sable of course. i hope it goes without saying that he's the one i want. It's a Sable after all!
(I should probably disclose that i will take a bad ungulate over the best of any other family.)

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 8:51

Mastiffcat wrote:
Never thought i'd ever hear myself say this, but i think the chipmunk is my favorite.* Shocked affraid i find it so appealing, and i don't even like chipmunks much. They fall in to the 'cute little rodent type thing, whatever'. But this little cutie is so sweet!

*Not counting the Sable of course. i hope it goes without saying that he's the one i want. It's a Sable after all!
(I should probably disclose that i will take a bad ungulate over the best of any other family.)

You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 11:50

smithyboy wrote:
Another Sable, thats four. cheers

Somebody MUST have peeked at our votes for Mojo Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 12:07

I won't buy the Safari sable because I know they copied our idea for MOjo. Evil or Very Mad
I sincerely am really disappointed about their releases for next year. Almost no interesting animals...
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 13:40

Another sable?? AMAZING! cheers cheers I like him a lot :) I will def. buy him and other members of sable herd from other brands :) I can´t wait :)
I´m dissapointed from WW bear... another bear after polar and panda Sad I hope for WW cape buffalo one day...
And only two items from wildlife? Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I hope that´s not all...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 13:51

Seriously... The sable is on SAFARI Ltd facebook wish list for a long time now, before we began to talk about MOJO sable... Even before we ever heard about MOJO... We are not the centre of the world Wink
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 14:47

They said on FB that's all and they are pretending not to know anything about the other Carnegie dinosaur. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 15:30

In fact I don't expect Safari Ltd to Introduce a lot of new models in 2012. In 2011 only 9 models in wild life and forest life been introduced. This year since is a bit less than last year.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 16:21

I am utterly shocked by the release of the Sable Antelope - How on earth is it possible for so many to come out altogether in one year? This reminds me of a couple of years back with the release of the Malayan Tapir by everyone at the same time.

How can Safari Ltd have produced a Sable out of all the antelopes they could possibly make?

Mojo released it because of the poll and we knew for a long time that a Sable is greatly desired.

The CollectA one was created due to my requesting this from them in late 2010 before the Mojo poll so that is a genuine is case of pushing for one around the time of the Mojo poll - now we get two from them which was a great surprise but Safari Ltd too? For anyone who doubts the CollectA model was not produced as part of the Mojo poll - it was discussed with them long before that as I have always wanted one and kept asking Ana to make me a version last year but she was busy at that time. I am just a little shocked that Safari have jumped on the bandwagon lol

Also the Bearded dragon is another surprise.......all three have one coming out although the Safari Ltd version is a larger model.

I know we all like to see as many animals as possible but personally I dont like it when all the brands bring out the same animal. I honestly prefer everyone to think on their own and make something unique, that way we have more variety.....

Safari need to conduct their own polls in future! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 16:30

Kikimalou wrote:
Seriously... The sable is on SAFARI Ltd facebook wish list for a long time now, before we began to talk about MOJO sable... Even before we ever heard about MOJO... We are not the centre of the world Wink

Seriously, if the figure was waited and wanted for a long time why only in 2012? I'm sure we are not the center of the world but I know how market works. How many wanted figures are in Safari Facebook, with such a limited new releases why was the choice a sable? How many asked another white tail? Mojo Fun is already in US market and Safari knew a long time ago that Mojo was developing a sable. Why has they started with it?
Because many FB friends wanted it? I agree, mainly because they wanted it and they would have the chance of finding it in another brand! geek pale
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 16:48

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Seriously, if the figure was waited and wanted for a long time why only in 2012? I'm sure we are not the center of the world but I know how market works. How many wanted figures are in Safari Facebook, with such a limited new releases why was the choice a sable? How many asked another white tail? Mojo Fun is already in US market and Safari knew a long time ago that Mojo was developing a sable. Why has they started with it?
Because many FB friends wanted it? I agree, mainly because they wanted it and they would have the chance of finding it in another brand! geek pale

Maybe is coincide to produce Black Sable and the "Ball game" seems like changing too fast to compared with three years ago. During that time the competition is small. And you look at 2012 the animal toy market is moving faster than before. Especially Mojofun and Collecta are so aggressive in 2012. Maybe Safari should considering Introducing some more animals in second half of the year.

Safari do answer the request. But is late by one or two years and unexpected that Mojofun & Collecta run a lead this round.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 16:57

Wildheart wrote:
I won't buy the Safari sable because I know they copied our idea for MOjo. Evil or Very Mad
I sincerely am really disappointed about their releases for next year. Almost no interesting animals...

Mihnea, I'll get it exactly because they followed our request! Laughing I love when brands follow us and that would be a reason to people get happy! :)
What I don't like in this decision is that they followed our choice not because they wanted to please us but because they were afraid of seeing our money going to other brands! But, with a weird retired Schleich one can buy a herd of sables! Wink
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 17:57

I gues,that a lot of the producers of figures,,are also looking at the forums,
for our wishes
so thats why they make a lot of the same animals,,
because of our wishes

they don't wanna loose there buyers

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 EmptySat 19 Nov 2011 - 18:19

Kikimalou wrote:
You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep You will only collect sheep Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
oh, right! thanks! drunken

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Safari ltd. 2012 figurines - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd. 2012 figurines
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next