Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 
 

 Safari ltd. 2012 figurines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Wildheart

avatar

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2183

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sat 19 Nov 2011, 17:26

Nobody wanted bearded dragons!!!!!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Tyler Loew

avatar

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-08-23
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:14

cheers cheers cheers cheers affraid affraid Herefords in the right color. cheers cheers cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21519

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sat 19 Nov 2011, 18:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Nobody wanted bearded dragons!!!!!!!! Razz

Bearded dragons are very popular among children as pets! So, it was a children and pet shops request! Laughing
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

avatar

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-04-13
Posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 01:40

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed... there aren't many additions, and the Safari Sable can't compete with Mojo and CollectA.

I agree, if this is what Safari is dishing out, disapponting indeed. Re-scuplts of previously-done species and a bunch of 'babies'?!?!?
Back to top Go down
K907

avatar

Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 01:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm a bit disappointed... there aren't many additions, and the Safari Sable can't compete with Mojo and CollectA.

I agree, if this is what Safari is dishing out, disapponting indeed. Re-scuplts of previously-done species and a bunch of 'babies'?!?!?

Haha Laughing

I know right, last year was so much better. Since 2012 is a year that many people make a big deal about, Safari could at least went all out. Well at least the shark is not some re-sculpt.
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1352

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 12:49

I dont like the horns of the Safari Sable, I think they are too low and curve back too quickly.....I know some real sables have this but it would have been nicer to have more impressive horns......
Back to top Go down
Vivien

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 19
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 13:49

Oh,I like this Golden Retriever very much!! Very Happy The other figures are either not in my interest or much too big. Yes,more money for CollectA and Mojo!!! cheers Cool bounce

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

avatar

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-04-13
Posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 13:57

yeah Kev, at least you've got a new shark. I only have (so far) the trilobite fossil and the Butterflies Toob. The butterflies worry me that they are going to be random paint jobs and not represent actual species.

Maybe we'll be lucky and the Flikr stream doesn't show everything.
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2911

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 14:31

I don´t see a problem in three different sables :) I´m happy for this situation cheers As a collector i don´t care how many sables will be in one year and what brands are bringing them... I´m just happy they do Very Happy

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Netta_Rufina

avatar

Country/State : Ukraine
Age : 23
Joined : 2011-11-20
Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 17:32

Safari seems to focus on educational toys like lifecycle sets and the like, so there's no wonder that Wildlife series isn't a priority for them.
Back to top Go down
K907

avatar

Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 18:46

Here's what Safari Ltd had to say on only releasing oe Carnegie figure:

Safari Ltd. For 2012, we decided to introduce only the Brachio due to the large amount of workmanship in such an intricate piece especially when dealing with accuracy. This new model is based on the latest scientific research. In 2013, it will be the 25th year anniversary of our collaboration with Carnegie. For this milestone, we will be introducing some special dinosaurs. Information on what the introductions will be is confidential at this time like it has been done historically.
Back to top Go down
K907

avatar

Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 18:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
yeah Kev, at least you've got a new shark. I only have (so far) the trilobite fossil and the Butterflies Toob. The butterflies worry me that they are going to be random paint jobs and not represent actual species.

Maybe we'll be lucky and the Flikr stream doesn't show everything.

Hmm maybe there migh be a suprise, didn't Safari keep the 2011 WS T-rex as a suprise?
Back to top Go down
Vivien

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 19
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 18:53

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Safari seems to focus on educational toys like lifecycle sets and the like, so there's no wonder that Wildlife series isn't a priority for them.
Welcome in the forum!! sunny flower It would be nice if you introduce yourself here:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wink
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sun 20 Nov 2011, 22:11

What are the measurements on the Black bear and Wolf?
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5415

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Mon 21 Nov 2011, 00:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
What are the measurements on the Black bear and Wolf?

According to them is 1:10 scale.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mon 21 Nov 2011, 00:28

Inches?
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5415

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Mon 21 Nov 2011, 01:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Inches?

Black Bear 8 X 3 X 5"H

Wolf 5.25 X 2.25 X 3"H

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mon 21 Nov 2011, 03:17

Thanks. Seems closer to Wildlife Wonders sizes.
Back to top Go down
crow

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 33
Joined : 2010-12-17
Posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Thu 24 Nov 2011, 19:00

Wow they are all pretty amazing!!! I like the chipmunk the most and it will probably be the first new figure I get in 2012
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1338

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Thu 24 Nov 2011, 19:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks. Seems closer to Wildlife Wonders sizes.
Actually, they are the part of Wildlife Wonders. At least there is such inscription on the pictures with these two.

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri 25 Nov 2011, 23:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is what Safari Ltd posted on my disappointment on the lack of sealife:

"Kevin sorry you're disappointed however we have demand for many different models and we were able to only introduce one Wild Safari Sealife this year. We will be introducing more next year."

To be honest I'm superpissed Evil or Very Mad and because of this, it just made my day go down. Lol oh well, sometimes I just wonder why I'm overreacting over an animal figure. I seem to be more looking foward to Collecta's stuff now. An


I'm also disappointed that they didn't bring out much for sea life this year. Didn't someone say that they were going to work on the Monterey Bay line in 2012? That might be what they mean by "We will be introducing more next year".
Back to top Go down
K907

avatar

Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sat 26 Nov 2011, 02:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is what Safari Ltd posted on my disappointment on the lack of sealife:

"Kevin sorry you're disappointed however we have demand for many different models and we were able to only introduce one Wild Safari Sealife this year. We will be introducing more next year."

To be honest I'm superpissed Evil or Very Mad and because of this, it just made my day go down. Lol oh well, sometimes I just wonder why I'm overreacting over an animal figure. I seem to be more looking foward to Collecta's stuff now. An


I'm also disappointed that they didn't bring out much for sea life this year. Didn't someone say that they were going to work on the Monterey Bay line in 2012? That might be what they mean by "We will be introducing more next year".

Lol that was me, I'm gonna keep pushing them to add to that collection. If Wildlife Wonders and the Carnegie, etc keep getting new additons why not MBA? Its not really fair for sealife fans to always be in left in the dark.
Back to top Go down
pm64

avatar

Country/State : Firenze,Italy
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-09-26
Posts : 485

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 00:56

I can't even believe ...three ..no...FOUR sables ( including the collecta's female)...! I am very happy about that, they are reproducing my avatar and I'm going to buy all of them for sure! What a year! Sables, waterbuck,Giant eland,red river hog,striped hyena,black wildebeest,red panda ( I haven't seen any photo yet).
Safari works very well I'm only disappointed because they have so little new releases this year...but what they produced I like so much...the virginian deers family looks fine to me .
Let' s see what Papo is gonna make and some surprises from Bullyland? Who knows....
Anyway my wallet starts crying!!....but I can't wait!!
bounce
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1215

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 01:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This is what Safari Ltd posted on my disappointment on the lack of sealife:

"Kevin sorry you're disappointed however we have demand for many different models and we were able to only introduce one Wild Safari Sealife this year. We will be introducing more next year."

To be honest I'm superpissed Evil or Very Mad and because of this, it just made my day go down. Lol oh well, sometimes I just wonder why I'm overreacting over an animal figure. I seem to be more looking foward to Collecta's stuff now. An


I'm also disappointed that they didn't bring out much for sea life this year. Didn't someone say that they were going to work on the Monterey Bay line in 2012? That might be what they mean by "We will be introducing more next year".

Lol that was me, I'm gonna keep pushing them to add to that collection. If Wildlife Wonders and the Carnegie, etc keep getting new additons why not MBA? Its not really fair for sealife fans to always be in left in the dark.


Yes, I remember it was you. MBA needs some new figures. They added the pacific white-sided dolphin, sea otters and narwhal. Then they discontinued the dolphin and the otters. So really the only new addition they've had to the line is the narwhal.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 02:06

The Otters were added early in the MBA line, then were the first to be discontinued. I think I got the Sea Otters as stocking stuffers for Christmas one year, in like 1992 or 1993. Wasn't the Narwhal the last one introduced? The Giant Squid preceeded it by a year, I believe. It's interesting - just yesterday I was at the Smithsonian and they have a Giant Squid that was 11 meters long! And they noted that it is believed that it was not even the maximum size... It was amazingly ugly haha! Just a ghostly white now - the preservation process was not kind to it (it had actually shrunk by as much as 2 to 3 meters during initial preservation) - even so, it was enormous. I wish MBA would be updated with new figures - I remember when Kevin talked to Safari and they said 2012 was gonna be a big year for MBA - but with how bad the economy has been this year, it doesn't surprise me that Safari has cut back on releases for the upcoming year. I haven't seen many new 2011 figures in stores even this late in the year, so I'm sure they're hurting (just like most companies are right now). I'm sure that's what's going on with Schleich, too - the fantasy figures are where the money's right now, so we're seeing fewer new animal figures, and more emphasis on fantasy. Safari's focusing on the Dragons, which seem to sell well in stores around my area. In fact, Dragons seem to be outselling dinosaurs right now - likely an artifact of the popularity of movies and books like Harry Potter. It just would have been nice if Safari had been like, "yeah, we wanted to release new MBA figures, but we're gonna have to hold them til next year." Instead, it seems to me like they just denied any knowledge of having said 2012 would see new MBA releases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 05:27

I'm very disappointed with Safari's 2012' line-up. Here they have a great series in their Wildlife Wonders and they don't keep it going! Don't understand? The new Black Bear kind of fits in with them, but not to make more animals for the series, again, just don't understand! Another stupid corporate decision...
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 08:26

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm very disappointed with Safari's 2012' line-up. Here they have a great series in their Wildlife Wonders and they don't keep it going! Don't understand? The new Black Bear kind of fits in with them, but not to make more animals for the series, again, just don't understand! Another stupid corporate decision...

The new Black Bear & the new Wolf are BOTH Wildlife Wonders additions, & they look pretty good to me. Do you mean no new species never before produced? BTW, both of the new WW figures are 1:10 scale, so at least they're to scale :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 16:16

Don't remember seeing Wildlife Wonders printed on the catalogue page/pics for the bear and the wolf.
But good to hear they are additions to the series! Just hope they keep adding animals for in my opinion their best series!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

avatar

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-04-13
Posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 17:03

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Otters were added early in the MBA line, then were the first to be discontinued. I think I got the Sea Otters as stocking stuffers for Christmas one year, in like 1992 or 1993. Wasn't the Narwhal the last one introduced? The Giant Squid preceeded it by a year, I believe. It's interesting - just yesterday I was at the Smithsonian and they have a Giant Squid that was 11 meters long! And they noted that it is believed that it was not even the maximum size... It was amazingly ugly haha! Just a ghostly white now - the preservation process was not kind to it (it had actually shrunk by as much as 2 to 3 meters during initial preservation) - even so, it was enormous. I wish MBA would be updated with new figures - I remember when Kevin talked to Safari and they said 2012 was gonna be a big year for MBA - but with how bad the economy has been this year, it doesn't surprise me that Safari has cut back on releases for the upcoming year. I haven't seen many new 2011 figures in stores even this late in the year, so I'm sure they're hurting (just like most companies are right now). I'm sure that's what's going on with Schleich, too - the fantasy figures are where the money's right now, so we're seeing fewer new animal figures, and more emphasis on fantasy. Safari's focusing on the Dragons, which seem to sell well in stores around my area. In fact, Dragons seem to be outselling dinosaurs right now - likely an artifact of the popularity of movies and books like Harry Potter. It just would have been nice if Safari had been like, "yeah, we wanted to release new MBA figures, but we're gonna have to hold them til next year." Instead, it seems to me like they just denied any knowledge of having said 2012 would see new MBA releases.

Chad, Safari's sucks this year, period :).
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 22:28

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Otters were added early in the MBA line, then were the first to be discontinued. I think I got the Sea Otters as stocking stuffers for Christmas one year, in like 1992 or 1993. Wasn't the Narwhal the last one introduced? The Giant Squid preceeded it by a year, I believe. It's interesting - just yesterday I was at the Smithsonian and they have a Giant Squid that was 11 meters long! And they noted that it is believed that it was not even the maximum size... It was amazingly ugly haha! Just a ghostly white now - the preservation process was not kind to it (it had actually shrunk by as much as 2 to 3 meters during initial preservation) - even so, it was enormous. I wish MBA would be updated with new figures - I remember when Kevin talked to Safari and they said 2012 was gonna be a big year for MBA - but with how bad the economy has been this year, it doesn't surprise me that Safari has cut back on releases for the upcoming year. I haven't seen many new 2011 figures in stores even this late in the year, so I'm sure they're hurting (just like most companies are right now). I'm sure that's what's going on with Schleich, too - the fantasy figures are where the money's right now, so we're seeing fewer new animal figures, and more emphasis on fantasy. Safari's focusing on the Dragons, which seem to sell well in stores around my area. In fact, Dragons seem to be outselling dinosaurs right now - likely an artifact of the popularity of movies and books like Harry Potter. It just would have been nice if Safari had been like, "yeah, we wanted to release new MBA figures, but we're gonna have to hold them til next year." Instead, it seems to me like they just denied any knowledge of having said 2012 would see new MBA releases.

Chad, Safari's sucks this year, period :).

I definitely agree with you, Blaine. Especially disappointing is the crappy Butterfly TOOB - which we know will be just generic "tropical" butterflies, not actual species. & that appears to be the only TOOB w/ insects this year. And skulls?! Come on! I can buy skull replicas online that are way cooler than TOOB figures. The other figures they are releasing don't look bad, but what a sucka$$, paltry offering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
bmathison1972

avatar

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 45
Joined : 2010-04-13
Posts : 624

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 22:32

yeah, I saw the Butterflies Toob...I'm not a lepidopterist but the fact that nothing jumped out at me as something specific has me worried. Actually, if you look closely you can see there are four basic shapes, each with two different paint jobs. Sad.
Insects aside (as I understand it is an unusual specialty group), they're overall assortment of animals is pretty dismal. The only two of slight interest are the turtle life cycle and the barn owl. The 'Incredible Creatures' is a bunch of animal babies?!?!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sun 27 Nov 2011, 23:22

Other than the two new Wildlife Wonders Black Bear and Wolf, WON"T be purchasing any of their other figures!
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Mon 28 Nov 2011, 06:02

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The 'Incredible Creatures' is a bunch of animal babies?!?!

Haha - I know, right? What's so Incredible about a bunch of animal babies? One would think that "Incredible Creatures" should actually be incredible! I'm usually all for the 1:1 scale animal figures, but not babies. It would be great if they had stuck with things like poison dart frogs and lizards. There are so many exotic animals, and they went with baby Cottontail and baby Chipmunk. It feels like a missed opportunity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21519

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Mon 28 Nov 2011, 15:12

Some babies are incredible creatures, think for example in a koala joey that borns with only 2cm, blind, hairless and earless and is able to climb and find the teat of his mom! To fight to survive and turn in a wonderful adulte creature, as this joey there are many more incredible babies! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pawprintzinsnow

avatar

Country/State : United States
Age : 27
Joined : 2011-12-14
Posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Thu 15 Dec 2011, 15:47

The eastern cottontail bunny is by far the cutest little thing I have seen. I am excited for the wolf, barn owl, deer set, golden retriever family, and pretty much everything else. Razz I like the life cycle turtle stage that are doing as well. Great job, Safari!
Back to top Go down
Sergey

avatar

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2818

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Sun 18 Dec 2011, 19:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
WS Prehistoric Life:
Acrocanthosaurus(pose similar to 2011 T-Rex)
Ceratosaurus
Dracorex
Vagaceratops

Carnegie:
Brachiosaurus

...So... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...Christophe my friend! And what you think about new Brachiosaurus? Wink







_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2911

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 09:04

wow!! they are amazing!

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-29
Posts : 5977

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 20 Dec 2011, 04:22

Actually i am happy that Safari doesn't bring out to much news, so i can catch up with other years... Laughing

I like the sable very much, it looks great to me! cheers
The black bear and wolf are very nice to, and i like the IC baby's to, although they are big, but i have already some of these huge fellows in my collection, so a few new ones don't hurt me! Wink
Bearded dragons seem to be populair to, and i really will make a terrarium for them, so it will be a natural scene in a way of presenting them. bounce
The barnowl was not a very original choice, and the way it is painted neither to, but ok, it is a new bird at least... Rolling Eyes

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15729

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 20 Dec 2011, 04:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...Christophe my friend! And what you think about new Brachiosaurus? Wink

I think I will wait to see bigger pics of the real figurine. cyclops

Nothing seems wrong on the pics but they are small and lack details for such a huge model Suspect

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2911

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:44

Safari´s new Wildlife Wonders wolf 2012
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:53

Hmmm, not bad but they could get at least 5 better ideas for WW animal Suspect

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11304

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hmmm, not bad but they could get at least 5 better ideas for WW animal Suspect
I agree

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 18:23

Yes, sky' they could have made 5 BETTER animals than the black bear and the wolf...
1) Indian rhino (Larger version of their previous 11' Wildlife Series figure)
2) Cheetah
3) Chimpanzee (Adult male)
4) Baird's Tapir
5) Warthog

Thank goodness, they made the two WW fig's, perhaps they will read this and do these for next year...(So long to wait...)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 18:29

I would second full grown male warthog or King cheetah Wink Very Happy

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21519

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:09

Sorry, but this wolf remember me the new Schleich polar bears! albino
I don't collect WW figures but I think they should make large animals like a water buffalo, Indian rhino, gaur, yak, bison, etc. :)
Back to top Go down
MartinH
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : Czech Republic
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-08-24
Posts : 2911

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:57

I was hoping for cape buffalo or wildebeest... this wolf is not interesting for me :/

_________________
my website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my outside photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Wed 28 Dec 2011, 17:38

I don't know about "more interesting", I mean, who am I to say which species are interesting & which aren't, but I think the wolf is a fine choice. They previously made a 1:10 scale wolf (6, actually) for the Vanishing Wild series. So it is nice to see a new one. And wolves are popular. Much more interesting, imo, than a warthog any day. WW figures are expensive, so they have to appeal to the masses. A Cheetah might, but wolves are definites. As per the black bear, it is smaller than the brown bear, & while would have liked an exotic species, the price point becomes an issue & I don't see Safari taking a risk with a lesser known species of black colored bear. Just my two cents, but wolves are more than interesting, & since a general trend indicates carnivores have wide appeal, a black bear seems logical. Besides, we're finally getting two figures in scale to one another. Why are we complaining at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4078

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Wed 28 Dec 2011, 17:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
...And wolves are popular. Much more interesting, imo, than a warthog any day...

That's your point of view, we all have one of those... Wink

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Wildheart

avatar

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2183

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Wed 28 Dec 2011, 17:52

wolves ---> twillight ---> masses
I don't like brands that follow that kind of strategy. No
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 295

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Wed 28 Dec 2011, 19:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
wolves ---> twillight ---> masses
I don't like brands that follow that kind of strategy. No

Interesting. I hadn't thought about that. Perhaps. I just figured they had good sales of their wolf figures in the Wild Safari line, hence they made one in their WW line. Looking over all the brands, they all have wolves as staples in their lines. I don't see it as any great leap for Safari to include one in this series. Wolf figures sell well, I would imagine, otherwise the other figure manufacturers wouldn't all make them. & while I would have liked to have seen something like an Indian Rhino in this series, I can see how wolves and bears are probably easier sales than 2 rhinos. It's one thing to sell 2 different rhinos at $6 -$7 each, it's a lot harder to sell 2 rhinos at $15 each. Even tho WW has a polar bear, a black bear is a different color, and that makes a world of difference from a sales point of view.

That aside, why all the hatin' on wolves? I like wolves. I think they desrve a place in the awesomely sculpted line that is WW.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   

Back to top Go down
 
Safari ltd. 2012 figurines
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!
» Collecta figures to be discontinued in 2013
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» Gorillas : When SAFARI Ltd family meet PAPO and SCHLEICH 2012 male (pics added 19 september 2012)
» Schleich, Papo, Bullyland, Mojo, AAA, Safari: origins

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: