Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Safari ltd. 2012 figurines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

avatar

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden
Age : 31
Joined : 2010-04-06
Posts : 783

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I have to disagree with you. I think the wolf is a great choise for WW, and the bear to cheers

As far as I know, all previous WW has been from african/asian animals, so I think its realy nice to get a european WW to

(And of course, I love wolves Rolling Eyes )
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15007

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to disagree with you. I think the wolf is a great choise for WW, and the bear to cheers

As far as I know, all previous WW has been from african/asian animals, so I think its realy nice to get a european WW to

(And of course, I love wolves Rolling Eyes )

I agree with you Anna Very Happy

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1532

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have to disagree with you. I think the wolf is a great choise for WW, and the bear to cheers

As far as I know, all previous WW has been from african/asian animals, so I think its realy nice to get a european WW to

(And of course, I love wolves Rolling Eyes )
I don't think it's a european wolf
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:54 pm

I like Anna's point of view but the wolf is indeed a North American subspecies as usual in Safari.
I don't remember seeing Safari, even in its wild Safari series, releasing basilar species of the European fauna like a red deer or a red squirrel, for example. But this is natural in a North American brand.
There are some other WW figures out of Africa,, the bornean orangutan, Asian elephant, tigers, polar bear and giant panda for example.
Back to top Go down
Kristie

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 46
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 pm

I agree also that I'm glad Safari isn't putting out a lot of new stuff, so that I can catch up a little on the old.
I have the 2012 catalog and on my wishlist for the New Year:

Sable Antelope (or Mojo, whichever turns out best)
Reticulated giraffes
gray squirrel
barn owl
rockhopper penguin
walrus
Gypsy Vanner stallion
and the now discontinued mandarin duck!

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kristie

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 46
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

oh, and maybe the whitetail deer family :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:21 pm

Kristie, you must pick both sables! The Mojo's is our choice, a choice of the members of the forum where you also participated, I guess! Also because they are different subspecies. The Mojo's is a giant sable while the Safari is a common sable! :)
Back to top Go down
Kristie

avatar

Country/State : USA
Age : 46
Joined : 2011-01-18
Posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:23 pm

Ok, then both it shall be. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15007

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like Anna's point of view but the wolf is indeed a North American subspecies as usual in Safari.
I don't remember seeing Safari, even in its wild Safari series, releasing basilar species of the European fauna like a red deer or a red squirrel, for example. But this is natural in a North American brand.
There are some other WW figures out of Africa,, the bornean orangutan, Asian elephant, tigers, polar bear and giant panda for example.

Maybe but a Baribal and a wolf are unusual species among the more exotic WW.

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

avatar

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands
Age : 57
Joined : 2011-07-24
Posts : 1082

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:38 pm

Speaking about wolfs

i dind't hear nothing anymore about the dutch wolf

that was spotted last summer
a real european Wolf

haha Very Happy Cool Cool

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Age : 43
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 22077

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like Anna's point of view but the wolf is indeed a North American subspecies as usual in Safari.
I don't remember seeing Safari, even in its wild Safari series, releasing basilar species of the European fauna like a red deer or a red squirrel, for example. But this is natural in a North American brand.
There are some other WW figures out of Africa,, the bornean orangutan, Asian elephant, tigers, polar bear and giant panda for example.

Maybe but a Baribal and a wolf are unusual species among the more exotic WW.

I think those are only conservative options for a North American brand that lives mainly from the home market. But it is nice that there's a brand working with American fauna since others are relatively repetitive choosing American species. :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd. 2012 figurines   

Back to top Go down
 
Safari ltd. 2012 figurines
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Similar topics
-
» Safari 2013 WITH PREVIEW PICS at last!
» Collecta figures to be discontinued in 2013
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» Gorillas : When SAFARI Ltd family meet PAPO and SCHLEICH 2012 male (pics added 19 september 2012)
» 2012 (working title) - Work In Progress

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd.-
Jump to: