Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals

Go down 
+10
dlfrogman
Wildheart
aandmkw
Zwartvoet
Rio
Suebeedo
HKHollinstone
Admin
WILLYBACOMAN
schleich61
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Bongo wrote:
I also hope , the variations of so many figures will be in the next edition of the Collectors guide, but I can't agree it is bad guidebook., only by missing the variations, "bad" pictures or the prices.

I'm collector of many other things for many years and I always have ignored the prices in this catalogues, they can guide give the collectores a little imagination of the worth of a figure, but don't forget, all the prices in the Schleich guide are only for figures in brand new condition with tag !

The critics here on that book are a little bit unfair, its the first guide for Schleich Animals, so give the publishers a chance, to wipe out the mistakes in the nexte dition !

It's rife with factual mistakes, even showing photos of figurines other than what it is indicated. Not to start an argument, but how is that acceptable? If you think that can be excused because it is the first attempt at a guide, then you have shockingly low standards. By the way, are you the author? Rolling Eyes

As for the valuations, first you say you ignore them, then you imply that they provide some sort of guidepost (with "imagination") and finish up by further implying that the condition (new with tag) assumed by the author has been ignored by the critics. As for the last point, the valuations are so wildly off that the condition of the figurine is completely irrelevant. As a matter of logic, a valuation that is a fraction of the true value of the figurine is simply far too low, so assuming that it is "new with tag" could not possibly explain the discrepancy.

What you see in this guide is a slapdash, hastily compiled attempt at a compendium, with little or no quality control process employed. But hey, other than that, it's brilliant...!

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm not the author of the Schleich Collectors Guide, why should I ? Because I've said, it's not that bad, as a few people here said ?

Neither I have not low standards, the book isn't bad, but if you mean, it is abd, that isn't that meaing, i have low standards...but please name an example of a model shown, which isn't indicated as the correct model ?

Such things can happen, especially in the first version, and I'm sure, the makers will learn from the mistakes, they have done in the book. You can help them, so tell them by e-mail, whats wrong with the guidebook from your point of view...

I think, you have no idea, how difficult it is doing a colletors guide for such a big collectors theme like Schelich Animals, which is also a very young collectors theme ?

And yes, i'm still ignoring the prices in that guide, as you can see now, on Ebay many of the old animals were sold for totally diffrent prices.

So recently I've bought the Brown pelican for 40 Euros, but Gaschers, the Makers of the Collectors Guide, selling it for 140 Euro ! So whats the real price ?

I would never pay 140 Euro for the brown pelican, so its up to every collector, how much money he will pay for a Schleich Animal...
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm

Bongo wrote:
I'm not the author of the Schleich Collectors Guide, why should I ? Because I've said, it's not that bad, as a few people here said ?

Neither I have not low standards, the book isn't bad, but if you mean, it is abd, that isn't that meaing, i have low standards...but please name an example of a model shown, which isn't indicated as the correct model ?

Such things can happen, especially in the first version, and I'm sure, the makers will learn from the mistakes, they have done in the book. You can help them, so tell them by e-mail, whats wrong with the guidebook from your point of view...

I think, you have no idea, how difficult it is doing a colletors guide for such a big collectors theme like Schelich Animals, which is also a very young collectors theme ?

And yes, i'm still ignoring the prices in that guide, as you can see now, on Ebay many of the old animals were sold for totally diffrent prices.

So recently I've bought the Brown pelican for 40 Euros, but Gaschers, the Makers of the Collectors Guide, selling it for 140 Euro ! So whats the real price ?

I would never pay 140 Euro for the brown pelican, so its up to every collector, how much money he will pay for a Schleich Animal...

As I wrote before, you have exceedingly low standards - you're willing to excuse any and all mistakes, evidently. This is published as a collector's guide, as the title indicates. Gascher's and the author, in doing so, set the standard for themselves, and failed to meet it. It's not my responsibility to correct their mistakes, that's up to them; after all, they're the ones making money off it. In the meantime, unsuspecting new collectors may be lured into thinking that the information they get from this guide can be relied on when making collecting decisions. That is scandalous, but you clearly don't give a hoot about that, as you are too busy and too obsessed with making excuses for the author and publisher of this book.

Do you think the photo of the 16066 is correct? Is the classics Panda duo in the correct section, or the wrong one? Pretty simple mistakes. Don't they even bother to proofread their own publication? Evidently not. Not much fact-checking going on here either. That is the sign of a flippant, uncaring attitude, much like yours... Razz

Difficult task? These are basic errors that many children wouldn't make. There are umpteen serious collectors here who could have, and would have, done a much better job than was actually done with this book.

Then, to top it all off, you infer that there really is no real price estimate for Schleich raritites. If you really believe that, then you couldn't possibly support the idea of publishing market value quotations, as they have done here. Can you not comprehend that?????

Sheeesh.....
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 pm

I kind of opened a can of worms on this one didn't I Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 pm

dlfrogman wrote:

It's not your fault, Rusty. This is a guide that seems to indicate that the special beagle is worth 30 euros, if memory serves. They have been regularly auctioning (the real ones, not the repaints) for between 350-550 euros for some time now. So what is the point of publishing market value quotations that fledgling collectors will read and maybe take to heart? Any serious collector knows that these values can change and fluctuate wildly over even very short periods of time.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:52 pm

dlfrogman wrote:

HELP ! I think you did Shocked pale
Phil, please affraid

I think it could be very interesting to get together and make a list of the comments/corrections/additions we have to the book Very Happy
Then we could turn this scary discussion into something constructive.
I think we all agree that the prices are misleading, but apart from that Very Happy

Phil, you mention the 16066, which one is that ?
I also think you have one of the old pandas 12650, I would very much like to hear more about it. It seeems they don`t really belong in the Vanishing Wild...or do they ? scratch

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:10 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
dlfrogman wrote:

HELP ! I think you did Shocked pale
Phil, please affraid

I think it could be very interesting to get together and make a list of the comments/corrections/additions we have to the book Very Happy
Then we could turn this scary discussion into something constructive.
I think we all agree that the prices are misleading, but apart from that Very Happy

Phil, you mention the 16066, which one is that ?
I also think you have one of the old pandas 12650, I would very much like to hear more about it. It seeems they don`t really belong in the Vanishing Wild...or do they ? scratch

PLEASE, WHAT ??? If you have a problem with me, you're welcome to PM me or state it right here, right now... exclamation exclamation exclamation When this thread started, everyone made their commentaries, and kept them on subject. No one directed commentary to another, or even addressed another, until Bongo made his personalized criticism of those he disagreed with, by calling us "unfair." If you don't like the tone or content of subsequent exchanges, maybe you should keep that in mind... Evil or Very Mad I really resent your criticism singling me out, Susanne.

16066? It's a fremdserien shark figurine made by Maia y Borges. It's on Torben's site. It is M + B 16006.

I have both the 12650 classic pandas, and that is what they are, not "Vanishing Wild" as listed in you-know-where. That is why they have 12000 numbers. They were designed by Helmut Diller, and the seated one is a smaller version of the one you have with your 15006 WWF.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Hey come on you lot, we're all friends here. We have our different opinions, some of us don't agree with what others believe and feel. But we shouldn't take offence and start arguing about this, everyone is entitled to say how they feel about something.
Phil, of course Susanne doesn't have a problem with you and she wasn't singling you out either. She was only trying to cool things down a bit.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 1:28 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Hey come on you lot, we're all friends here. We have our different opinions, some of us don't agree with what others believe and feel.
Phil, of course Susanne doesn't have a problem with you and she wasn't singling you out either. She was only trying to cool things down a bit.

Thankyou, Harriet sunny

I like you a lot Phil, and would never dream of hurting you - or anyone for that matter Rolling Eyes Wink ( Hmmm, why isn`t there an angel-smiley here Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals   Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaschers Collectors Guide to Schleich Animals
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3