Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prehistoric animals by Robert

Go down 
+12
Roger
Kikimalou
STORMnl
Joan Milelire
Philter4
ken yeo
SyLoBe
SUSANNE
Mastiffcat
HKHollinstone
widukind
MartinH
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Prehistoric animals by Robert Empty
PostSubject: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:12 pm

I have a friend Robert. He is collector too but... He is really good in "makeover"ing his figures :) He asked me to upload some of his pieces and wants to know what you think? He´s not so good in english so... I´ll translate your opinions to him :)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:40 pm

Congratulation!!! A very nice work with a lot of beautyful animals!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 4:35 pm

widukind wrote:
Congratulation!!! A very nice work with a lot of beautyful animals!!! cheers cheers
Ditto, they are lovely Martin, you can tell your friend he did an awesome job on them all! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 7:07 am

beautiful work! i especially love the rhinos.

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 am

He says "thank you so much" Very Happy Very Happy
I think he is got a huge talent! And he is really happy about your comments :)

MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:18 am

Wink

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 pm

They are awesome affraid

He remade the Ambelodon into a Deinotherium and another into a wooly mammuth, didn`t he ?

I love the black bull and the water buffalo also Very Happy

Give your friend my regards and ask him to keep showing what he makes cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

They look so amazing!

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:05 pm

I´m glad you like them:) he is so glad too :)

ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:34 am

I like the Asia Buffalo!!

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 9:13 am

his brand new ones...

Elasmotherium, Deinotherium, Coelodonta, American mastodon, Auroch (Bos primigenius), Machairodus, Smilodon, Panthera (leo) atrox, Brontotherium (Megacerops), Pelorovis oldowayensis, Syncerus (Pelorovis) antiquus, Kubanochoerus gigas and Bubalus bubalis (asian water buffalo)

Kubanochoerus gigas

Pelorovis oldowayensis

Syncerus ( Pelorovis ) antiquus

Kubanochoerus gigas

Brontotherium ( Megacerops )

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Very nice collection of extinct mammals, I especially like the Pelorvis species you have represented. Congratulations on the new figures they add some incredible species to your collection.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 8:36 am

They are AMAZING affraid

Gosh, there are so many great extinct prehistoric mammals !
Your friend is very gifted, and his choise of models is fanatstic cheers bounce flower

I sincerely hope that CollectA and Bulllyland could see these and get some inspiration Very Happy drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 9:48 am

Wow Shocked Your latest ones are incredible, congratulations Martin, your friend is truly talented. I love the Pelorovis oldowayensis, the horns are so good cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 10:09 am

Martin tell your friend that he's an artist! cheers
I really like all of them, specially the brontoterium and the woolly rhino.

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Kubanochoerus gigas horn is beautiful!!

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Oh guys! Robert will be and is really happy about your comments!!!!! He is a member of this forum too but he´s not that good in english or german so I´m his hand :)
BTW about Pelorovis :) Do you recognize them? It´s cape buffalo with head of longhorn bull and longhorn bull with head of cape buffalo :)))))) Brutal but I was realy speachles! cheers Very Happy

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 2:44 pm

MartinH wrote:
Oh guys! Robert will be and is really happy about your comments!!!!! He is a member of this forum too but he´s not that good in english or german so I´m his hand :)
BTW about Pelorovis :) Do you recognize them? It´s cape buffalo with head of longhorn bull and longhorn bull with head of cape buffalo :)))))) Brutal but I was realy speachles! cheers Very Happy

Yes, you're true. I like a lot that custom figures sunny
Can you ask him how join parts of different animals? Does he use any epoxi resin maybe?

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:03 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
MartinH wrote:

Yes, you're true. I like a lot that custom figures sunny
Can you ask him how join parts of different animals? Does he use any epoxi resin maybe?
OK Juan, hold the phone... I will ask him :))

Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Abu Rai wrote:

Most epoxy resins are liquid or gel when you mix them, so they don't hold the form very well. I would guess he uses an epoxy putty, that works like clay and hardens as you work with it. I have used this type of material for changing the pose of several Schleich figures such as the pair of male kudu that I have.

When you mix the two parts together it is very soft and a little sticky at first, as time goes it hardens and becomes very good to shape and sculpt but over time begins to get very stiff and eventually gets to be rock hard where you can no longer manipulate the material so you have a time limit to be finished with whatever your project is or you sculpt smaller parts at a time. They make several different setting times, the one I use is 2 hour working time and fully cured in 6 hours, but some others are quicker and I know of one the takes 24 hours to cure.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 4:02 pm

Philter4 wrote:

Most epoxy resins are liquid or gel when you mix them, so they don't hold the form very well. I would guess he uses an epoxy putty, that works like clay and hardens as you work with it. I have used this type of material for changing the pose of several Schleich figures such as the pair of male kudu that I have.

When you mix the two parts together it is very soft and a little sticky at first, as time goes it hardens and becomes very good to shape and sculpt but over time begins to get very stiff and eventually gets to be rock hard where you can no longer manipulate the material so you have a time limit to be finished with whatever your project is or you sculpt smaller parts at a time. They make several different setting times, the one I use is 2 hour working time and fully cured in 6 hours, but some others are quicker and I know of one the takes 24 hours to cure.

Hello Phil, that's what I want to say. I use this epoxy clay:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

when some of my copies has any bubble, but I didn't know that it was useful to custom figures from brands. Thank you! sunny

Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 5:35 pm

WoW

tell him to make copies from resin
and sell them

i know a lot of people wil buy them

i'm deffently

amazing figures,,

tell him ,,WOW,Amazing

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 9:31 pm

i must post again,,they are so cool.

tell youre friend that he must go in to busines
he can make a lot people happy

MartinH

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:02 am

STORMnl wrote:
i must post again,,they are so cool.

tell youre friend that he must go in to busines
he can make a lot people happy
Big thank you from him :) Your comment make him more and more focus on his new work! :) He is really taletnted!

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:51 am

Congratulation for your friend Martin, he has a lot of talent Very Happy

I especially love the species choice Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prehistoric animals by Robert   Prehistoric animals by Robert Empty

Back to top Go down

Prehistoric animals by Robert
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next