Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?

Go down 
+32
MARTINLATIN
STORMnl
Kikimalou
Siobhan
saintgoku
Kristie
smithyboy
Tyler Loew
Mia
Vivien
MartinH
LittleLady
alexmotoc
Rio
Bongo
Tupolew Tu-154
WILLYBACOMAN
SyLoBe
Roger
Joan Milelire
skysthelimit
Numa
ken yeo
schleich61
Cyhyraeth
Mastiffcat
Silver Unicornis
Zwartvoet
SUSANNE
Wildheart
HKHollinstone
Kiryuha
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 5:18 am

Roger wrote:
I don't collect thinking how much money I will win with aretired figure but because I love these replicas.
Same here!
Roger wrote:
Anyway here goes some suggestions, more than predictions:
Indian elephant male: really outdated compared with new CollectA and Papo, we need a new Schleich elephant in regular series; - AGREE, BUT I DOUBT THEY'LL DO IT NEXT YEAR
Young lion and lying lioness: not expectable since they are figures from 2008 but both are really uninteresting, it was better open space to a lying male lion;- DON'T THINK SO. SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK SCHLEICH WILL DISCONTINUE ITS LION PRIDE PIECE BY PIECE...
Ostrich 14325: I agree that doesn't makes sense to have two male ostriches in the same catalogue, maybe repainting it as a female or even replacing for a new mould, continuing with this mistake do not contributes to a serious image of the brand; 100%!!!
Bison: People here donnot agree with me but I think it is the worst bison of main brands and he feels surely alone in catalogue, so I think it will be also descontinued; AGREE!
White tailed deer: I have some doubts, they retired 4 deers recently, the true Bambie (roeddeer) and they saved the fast food Bambie (White tailed deer), maybe not yet but very soon surely; THAT'S RIGHT, BUT THE QUALITY OF WHITE-TAILED FIGURES IS VIVIDLY INFERIOR NEXT TO NEW RED DEERS AND MOOSE.
Tapir: I also think that the surprise retired figure will be the recently introduced tapir... or will they complete the family??? BOTH VARIANTS ARE POSSIBLE, strange as it may seem. BUT I THINK THERE'LL BE VARIANT 3 - NO CHANGES IN TAPIR REPRESENTATION :)

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 6:54 am

I would love to "know" which horses could be retired, but I must confess I´m very bad at this, so no predictions from me Rolling Eyes

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 pm

I wonder if they will also get rid of the Gazelle mother and baby.....we have yet to have a father two years running and I find that odd and I think they were made to test the waters as such and may probably go? Just a hunch, dont shoot me! I love them. We do need a dad though!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am

To be honest to...
It doesn't interest me to which figurines are dis-continued, as i always will find then for a reasonable price if i still don't have them...
I think you have about 2-3 years to still get these particular figurines for a good price, or even less then the current price... Rolling Eyes
Some internet dealers even bring the prices down, you just have to check them... Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:49 pm

If Schleich are made for children, i think they should make rarer animals, that the children can get to know more different animals. As i was a little child, i know what an ant eater or an armadillo was. This is general knowledge.

I think Schleich will discontinue:

Standing arabian foal - there exists two and the one is from 2004.
The hippo - 15 years are enough.
The older golden retriever - we have two male, and no female.
The sitting squirrel - it looks old ans it is old. ^^
Asian elephant bull - same like the hippo.
The remaining pigs - some are gone 2010, i think the rest will go too.
The white tail deers - they are old.
The sea lion - only one seal is not good.
The bactrian camel mare and foal - the dromedars are gone, i think they will follow them.
The chimps - they are from 2002 and the other apes are gone lomg ago.

Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:53 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
To be honest to...
It doesn't interest me to which figurines are dis-continued, as i always will find then for a reasonable price if i still don't have them...
I think you have about 2-3 years to still get these particular figurines for a good price, or even less then the current price... Rolling Eyes
Some internet dealers even bring the prices down, you just have to check them... Wink

Willy is absolutely correct about all of this. In fact, sometimes one can find figures retired 2, 3, or 4 years ago for sale new with tag in a store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:15 am

Paka wrote:
If Schleich are made for children, i think they should make rarer animals, that the children can get to know more different animals...
This is a good principle, but it seems that only Safari Ltd. follows it. Other manufacturers have been focusing on well-known and more or less "cute" animals in recent years Sad ...

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Bongo

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Schleich retire in 2012   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:52 am

I've been to my Toystore today, and what could I see there ? A poster on the wall with all Schleich Models, which be retire next year! Very Happy So the poster was called :Attention Collectors! Last chance to get them: So this figures will retire in 2012 :

African Elephant bull
African elephant cow
African elephant calf

( So I bet, there will be new african elphants in 2012 ! ) Very Happy

Young Lion 14374

gnu calf

giraffe cow drinking 14390

black rhino bull 14394

giant panda 14199

Asian elephant bull
Asian elephant cow
Asian elephant calf

(If there will be new Asian elephants also ? Or only new asians, but no new africans ? Or both lines come out in new models ? This would be great....) Very Happy

Polar bear
Polar bear cub

( So I bet,we will get new polar bears in 2012 )

Humpback whale 16 083

Grey Whale 16 082

Sperm Whale 16 084

White swan 13 614

Swabian Hall boar 13 643

( New Swabian pigs in 2012 ? Or they left only the Swabian piglet ? )

Simmenthal bull 13 640

Clydesdale mare 13 291

St. Bernhard Male 16 380

Apatosaur 16 462

Tyrannosuar Rex 16 448

Stegosaur 16 457

Triceratops 16 452

Parasaurolophus 16 455

Saichania 16 461

Bracuiosaur 16 458

Saichania 14 505

Apatosaur 14 501

Smilodon 16 520

Mammut calf 16 523

Mammut 16 517

( So prehistoric animals will be dissappear complete )

Some human figures will also retire next year.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:16 am

thanks for this update. I wish you had a camera with you to take a photo of the poster Very Happy

Interesting to know about the giraffe drinking - I always wondered how long that would last given its unusual pose and saleability along with the young lion.

Gnu calf? Wow, do we get another antelope in replacement? Perhaps a male Gazelle? here's to hoping!

Giraffe, Gnu and lion will all have had a relatively short lifespan thus increasing their collectability in the future.

With popular and obvious animals such as all the elephants, polar bears and panda going there could be replacements coming out which means less of a chance for new animal species...oh well. Fingers crossed!

So the time has finally come for the long running whale family coming to an end? Its seems like these set of animals are just going for good given many of them leaving us over the last few years.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:32 am

Oh no they're retiring the Clydesdale mare Sad they should retire the stallion instead!

Thanks for the list Charly!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:42 am

On MPV forums someone wrote an e-mail to Schleich with question which horses will they retire (that forum focuses on horse models). Schleich wrote back and gave numbers of Clydesdale mare and equestrian sets (those including horses):
show jumping set 42026
dressage set 42035
western set 42036
rodeo set 42046
eventing set 42047

Coming back to the list Bongo wrote - I'm surprised that hippo will still be produced Shocked
Luckily, I'm not interested in any of models on this list, my wallet is a bit safer for now Cool

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:46 am

Guess I better get the elephants pretty sharpish !
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:21 am

@Mangalarga.

That's correct, the horse sets you named will be retired , too.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:47 am

Schleichzoo wrote:

Gnu calf? Wow, do we get another antelope in replacement? Perhaps a male Gazelle? here's to hoping!

Probably Kudu female Wink

Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:49 am

I had expected more from the horses. Schleich puts more horses in collection every year and less horses retire each time.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:50 am

Bongo wrote:
Some human figures will also retire next year.
Do you remember which one?

Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:05 am

So we will have no whales next year (except the orca, I think)... What a pity, because I don't think they will remake it because they're expensive... Since now I'm beginning to look for them

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
alexmotoc

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:14 am

gnu calf

giraffe cow drinking 14390

black rhino bull 14394

very intresting....this figures are relativly new ...they have 2 years...
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:19 am

@Skythelimit.

I'm Sorry, No. I don't collect humans, so I've marked only the animals in my "retire catalogue".

I don't belive in a female Kudu, there is no female ostrich or a male Gazelle, so why they should produce a female Kudu ?

For sure, they will have new elephants , a new Panda and probably new polar bears. They are a very popular species, so they would stupid, not to replace them by new models.

Its really sad, they stop produce the whales now. They were a big seller, nevertheless, they were not cheap. But who knows, maybe there wil be new whale species ? Or more pinnipeds ?
Back to top Go down
LittleLady

LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:24 am

Zwartvoet wrote:
I had expected more from the horses. Schleich puts more horses in collection every year and less horses retire each time.

I expected more from the horses too. Does this mean there are not alot new horses next year?
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 9:57 am

Bongo wrote:

I've been to my Toystore today, and what could I see there ? A poster on the wall with all Schleich Models, which be retire next year! Very Happy So the poster was called :Attention Collectors! Last chance to get them: So this figures will retire in 2012 :

African Elephant bull
African elephant cow
African elephant calf

( So I bet, there will be new african elphants in 2012 ! ) Very Happy

Asian elephant bull
Asian elephant cow
Asian elephant calf

(If there will be new Asian elephants also ? Or only new asians, but no new africans ? Or both lines come out in new models ? This would be great....) Very Happy

And what about if that means that we will have a new elephant in a bigger scale as the New Heroes serie? affraid affraid affraid

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Zwartvoet

Zwartvoet

Country/State : NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 am

LittleLady wrote:
Zwartvoet wrote:

I expected more from the horses too. Does this mean there are not alot new horses next year?

I do not know, more horses came out than retired the last years. But that might have to stop too. Shops can not sell al the horses anymore because of the number of different horses.
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:47 am

@Abu Rai.

Why Schleich should do that ? Don't Worry, they won't, I'm sure, the new elephants will have the same size as the present elephants.

About the Horses, it is very hard to say, what Schleich is doing. Most the of them are now not that old and looking phantastic, and I think, all of them are very popular and still big sellers, so there is no reason for Schleich, to retire them..

They retire only one horse, so this could mean, we will not get so much new horses next year, but nobody knows, so we still have to wait.... But I hope, we will get a few more new Wildlife Species than last year..
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 pm

Gnu calf and drinking giraffe? Why god damn it! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad they are just 2009... what about tahat horrible hippo? Evil or Very Mad

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 12:58 pm

I guess, both were not good sold.....They are not the first Schleich Animals, which are being retired after two years...

I'm wondering, the gnu itselfs is still with us.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next