Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Asking your help to solve Photobucket problem

Share | 

Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:11 pm

So maybe a new St.Bernard male will be produced???That would be great!!! Very Happy I think no other new dogs will be produced. Crying or Very sad
I totally agree with you Martin,that horrible hippo should be retired!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

New Elephants,HURRAY!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Thank you so much for the info, Bongo! cheers

In which toystore did you see the poster?
Back to top Go down
Tyler Loew

Country/State : U.S.A. Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:12 pm

I'm so depressed to see the simmental bull is going he was only hear for 2 years Sad Mad
But maybe that means more cows for 2012 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:27 pm

New Cows in 2012 sounds really good. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:32 am

Poor hippo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:58 am

New cows are not bad, but not only Fleckvieh or Holstein. And they should have horns.

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:38 am

Thanks for the information! Hopefully to see a new saint bernard next year! I am also think of selling my african elephant family next year!

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Airport

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:57 am

More retired items:

- ALL Dinosaurs
- Antylar
- Ophira
- all knight buildings and accressories
- King
- Prince
- Knight with axe (red)
- Knight with axe (blue)
- knight with big sword (red)
- Archer (blue)
- "Bidenhänder" (blue)
- some smurfs
- feeding girl
- farmer
- farmer wife
- western ride set
- jump ride set
- dressage ride set

Back to top Go down
saintgoku

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:07 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! not the elephants they are one of my favs affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
but hopefully we get some more dinos, Alaskan malamute family, red panda, and like a rare animals list like baiji, hispid hare, sumatran rhino, Red Wolf, Hairy-Nosed Wombat, Chinese Giant Salamander and FINALLY THE IBERIAN LYNX!!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:55 am

Finally it looks if Schleich is going to make new elephants, maybe even in both series!
The big question is if they will make them in a good size??? question Rolling Eyes Shocked
I understand when they retire items that won't sell god, although the retirement of the gnucalf means that we won't have afamily of gnu's then, and they were on the track of making families the last years... Rolling Eyes
I hope we will see the news very soon! Very Happy

Country/State : Tampere, Finland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:37 am

Schleich is being really strange once again. If they like families, then why are they retiring the Clyde mare and making that poor foal an orphan? That's cruel!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'm so depressed to see the simmental bull is going he was only hear for 2 years Sad Mad
But maybe that means more cows for 2012 Very Happy
It is a shame as he was really nice. But Papo's one is so much more realistic, maybe that's why they retired him.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:58 am

The prehistoric mammals and dinosaurs were probably not selling well. They were big, ugly, expensive, and inacurrate.All the other companies offer some better/cheaper ones instead.
I guess the end of some lines is approaching. Neutral

I hope they will make new elephants, but why on Earth not new hippos or a female ostrich?????????????????? pale
Also, why no new dogs lately? Those sell well.
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:25 am

Hopefully to see a new saint bernard next year!

I totally agree with you!!! Very Happy That would be great!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 am

Izzy wrote:
Poor hippo

Very Happy

I love this photo Kristie!!! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 pm

@Wildheart. In germany, the Schleich Dinosaurs are very big sellers ! That's why they were sold such a long time, and I'm sure, the line isn't ending, just a few models, and nobody knows, if these models will be replaced or not, but I think so...

Nobody knows at this time, if there will be an ostrich female and or new hippos. Because the old hippos model ins't retired yet, is dosen't mean, no hippos will be published in 2012...
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:07 pm

@Abu Rai.Why Schleich should do that ? Don't Worry, they won't, I'm sure, the new elephants will have the same size as the present elephants.

And why not? Maybe you're right but they made it with the white new heroes elefant Twisted Evil

my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:03 pm

Well, Schleich seems to disprove [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] once again... Does it mean that the long ago outdated hippo, bison male, squirrel eating will remain at the market? And the older ostrich male? and rhino female? white-tailed deers?

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Schleichzoo wrote:
However I think the adult hippo will go for sure due to its age ...
Maybe they think this hippo is still young in heart, Numaan? Wink
Africa, they have to retire that hippo!
Africa seems not to have heard you, Harriet....

alexmotoc

Country/State : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:30 pm

maybe they have a big stock of this figures and they can't sell it...
Back to top Go down
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Schleich is weird... scratch

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Bongo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 pm

@Abu Rai. Yes, but the White Heroes elephant is a complete diffrent line....
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I think Martin is right, schleich is weird.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:50 pm

I think they are good at making money Laughing Laughing

At least here all the kids want "Schleich-animals", so that is what they buy and what they get for christmas.
These "bread"-customers do not care a thing if the model has been made for 25 years Rolling Eyes

As long as those sell well, why spend money on new tools, pictures, distribution etc...there is only a little, tiny flock of serious collectors who want a new one...and how many are we? Max 1 out of 1,000,000 people even in the rich countries ? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:35 pm

There is already two topics about Schleich 2012 retired... I will merge them, ladies and gentlemen Wink

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:47 pm

There is already two topics about Schleich 2012 retired... I will merge them, ladies and gentlemen Wink
Sure, it should be done.

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:54 pm

...there is only a little, tiny flock of serious collectors who want a new one...and how many are we? Max 1 out of 1,000,000 people even in the rich countries ? Crying or Very sad
That's a good question, by the way.
I think the proportion is better in the richest Western countries, i.e. in USA there should be more than 312 serious collectors, and in Germany - definitely more than 81 collector.
But in developing countries, like Ukraine, there could be about 1 or even less collectors out of 1,000,000 people. For instance, I haven't still found another serious collector in my home country...

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:18 pm

...there is only a little, tiny flock of serious collectors who want a new one...and how many are we? Max 1 out of 1,000,000 people even in the rich countries ? Crying or Very sad
I think the proportion is better in the richest Western countries, i.e. in USA there should be more than 312 serious collectors, and in Germany - definitely more than 81 collector.
But in developing countries, like Ukraine, there could be about 1 or even less collectors out of 1,000,000 people. For instance, I haven't still found another serious collector in my home country...

I know only of one more serious collector of model animals out of the 5 million inhabitants in Denmark Suspect
There may be others, of course Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 am

Has someone else seen this retirement poster in a shop? Maybe somebody could take a picture of it and post here?

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:00 pm

1 page back i read,,the prehistoric mammals were big and not good

wel,

the schleich prehistoric mammals are great

my 2 cents

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Has someone else seen this retirement poster in a shop? Maybe somebody could take a picture of it and post here?

I found the poster in a toy-store also and made a pic of it. The problem is I'm really stupid with some internet-things. What a Face
At least I managed to send it from the handy to the computer cheers but it's not a .jpg-pic. So I could not save it as a picture on the pc but I could copy it and paste it in a word-doc. Is there any possibilty to post a pic as a word-document here? confused Or maybe I can send the word-doc to someone who know how to post it here?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:57 pm

I found the poster in a toy-store also and made a pic of it. The problem is I'm really stupid with some internet-things. What a Face
At least I managed to send it from the handy to the computer cheers but it's not a .jpg-pic. So I could not save it as a picture on the pc but I could copy it and paste it in a word-doc. Is there any possibilty to post a pic as a word-document here? confused Or maybe I can send the word-doc to someone who know how to post it here?
Hi Mia, send it to me and I'll see if I can post it here for you, PM me for my email address...

Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi Mia, send it to me and I'll see if I can post it here for you, PM me for my email address...

Harriet, could you please check you inbox? I'm not sure if it worked, it was the first PM I send here on the forum. question
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:35 am

Harriet, could you please check you inbox? I'm not sure if it worked, it was the first PM I send here on the forum. question
Yep I received your messge fine and replied bounce

Back to top Go down
MARTINLATIN

Country/State : CALIFORNIA

PostSubject: CANT WAIT TO SEE IT?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:53 am

Please Mia, do waht ever you need to do, so, we can see the things that are doing Schleich for next year.
In avance thank you , very much... Ciao.....
Back to top Go down
Mia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Please Mia, do waht ever you need to do, so, we can see the things that are doing Schleich for next year.
In avance thank you , very much... Ciao.....

The poster was with the figurines which will retire in 2012, not with the new items, sorry.

Harriet, I just sent it to your email-addy. Thanks so much for your help! I love you

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 pm

Harriet, I just sent it to your email-addy. Thanks so much for your help! I love you
You're welcome flower
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:19 pm

I can't believe they're retiring those horse sets already, they were only released this year!

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Ah, gamekeeper will be gone, I must get one of those...

Mia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 am

I can't believe they're retiring those horse sets already, they were only released this year!

I was thinking exactly the same, Harriet. question

Thanks for posting the picture for me, you did a great job! cheers

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:02 am

Thankyou for the picture, this is very interesting Shocked

Gosh, they are retiring all the elefants ! They must then make new ones, - aaaarrrr, I don`t have room for more elefants What a Face

And the two playsets ! They must have cost a fortune to make !
Perhaps they sat between two chairs in the market ?
They are not cute enough for the little girls, and they are not interesting enough for most grown-up collectors scratch

I sort of like the girl and her pony at the local club-show, though Wink
Back to top Go down
MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 am

I´m sad about drinking giraffe... she is amazing! Also clydasdale mare, gnu calf and simental bull... fantastic items. And finally young lion with his weird front leg is on his way cheers

Back to top Go down
http://my photos http://dixieboy.rajce.idnes.cz/
Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:15 am

I freakin' can't believe they're not retiring the kangaroo-rex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked And that horrible green velociraptor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

And the older polar bears look far better than the new ones... silent
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:18 am

I was thinking exactly the same, Harriet. question
Very strange scratch scratch They can't have done well on the market, which is surprising as they are so full of action, you'd think kids would love them confused

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:41 am

I know only of one more serious collector of model animals out of the 5 million inhabitants in Denmark Suspect
There may be others, of course Wink

Same here! I never seen another Singaporean beside me in this forum.

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:42 am

Most of dinosaurs are done! which means expecting to see new dinos to be introduces.

LittleLady

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:10 am

I have to safe some money for the horse sets, I didn't buy them because I thought they will not retire this year... I think I going to the shop next week. My problem going to buy schleich... I allways come back with more schleich I wanted to buy :) Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:39 am

.... My problem going to buy schleich... I allways come back with more schleich I wanted to buy :) Rolling Eyes

cheers Horrible problem Laughing Laughing

I almost always shop on the net. And most of the E-shops have this terrible policy that if you buy more, the cost of shipping gets cheaper affraid

So I save a lot of shipping cost over time geek clown jocolor drunken
Back to top Go down
LittleLady

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 am

10 minitus away from my home with the car there's a schleich store. I suppost to be a internetstore, but when I go there myself there's going 10% of the prise, so I allways go there.
Back to top Go down
Sartje

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:09 pm

I have to get the dragons fast affraid
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CreationsbySarieanne/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?   

Back to top Go down

Schleich retired 2012 – what will they discontinue?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next