Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies

Go down 
+7
stecal
widukind
Roger
SUSANNE
Ana
Kikimalou
WILLYBACOMAN
11 posters
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies Empty
PostSubject: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:48 am

Last weekend i had this well known bison model coming in.
The original was made by Britains in the 1:32 scale, which i have in 4 different variations, same for the different deetail model.
But in the 1970's, and even in the 1980's, this model was often copied by Hong Kong, Singapore, and later China manufacturers.
Riesen Zoo, often marked under the belly as ZZ, made high quality copies of several brands like Britains and Hausser Elastolin.
This is the bison, but much smaller then the original.
To make this not a one pic tread, i made some pics of all the copies i have, together with the original(one of them). Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Riesen Zoo Bison.

Britains and RiesenZoo Bisons.

Britains model with all of the copies, second is the Riesen Zoo model, third is the Prior version, rest is Hong Kong to.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:35 am

The BRITAINS bison is certainly one of the most copied model in the toy history Laughing

Impressive collection Wink

Here is the old BLANCHERIE FRERES bison, I still don't know for sure who copied who...

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Wow, how interesting!!! That's really informative! Thank You for sharing that macaques cheers Wink monkey monkey monkey

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Hurrayyyyy cheers

Now we have TWO macaques again monkey monkey

Thankyou Willy, for this interesting subject and great pictures. sunny
I LOVE bisons..and like you I LOVE variations and copies Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:17 pm

Well, that's an old topic, I'm glad Christophe brought it back once I don't remember watching it before. Very interesting indeed. I've always asked myself why vintage bisons and foxes are so similar? scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Thank you Anna, it is good to make some house keeping, I found this old topic and I agree it is very interesting.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 6:00 pm

Very good models- all sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
stecal

stecal

Country/State : dorset england

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi there is a set of riesen animals new in packet on ebay uk if anyone is interested
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Riesen-plastic-farm-and-zoo-animals-and-cowboys-and-indians-vintage-/201246881613?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item2edb3fb74d
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collections/by/stecal

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 1:36 am

Hello! Well, talking about the Britains bison, I was watching a video on youtube, and also everyone of you can view it. It's a review of the cast lead version (the first version) of the Britains Ltd. Bison. I was viewing it, and the narrator said that the most popular material version of that bison model is the plastic one. The lead one is very rare (sorry, lead is dangerous). Well, everyone can find the video on youtube. Hope everyone like it!

Regards,
TheAnimalStudyGuy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 3:04 pm

Thankyou, TASG Very Happy

Is it this one ?

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Yep, it is the right video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris Sweetman

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 am

TheAnimalStudyGuy wrote:
Hello! Well, talking about the Britains bison, I was watching a video on youtube, and also everyone of you can view it. It's a review of the cast lead version (the first version) of the Britains Ltd. Bison. I was viewing it, and the narrator said that the most popular material version of that bison model is the plastic one. The lead one is very rare (sorry, lead is dangerous). Well, everyone can find the video on youtube. Hope everyone like it!

Regards,
TheAnimalStudyGuy

Hi TheAnimalStudyGuy

Personally, I wouldn't call the hollow-cast (lead) version rare. There are plenty about especially in the UK and I would suspect major markets for Britains exported their products to e.g. the USA. Agree it would be hard to find one in mint condition. I saw two complete but not mint in an antiques market last Monday.

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptyThu Oct 15, 2020 2:23 am

Even the older model in plastic are a kind of rare, and people pay much money for it when they really want it, i still have a few around(both versions).... Laughing

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 12:15 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou, TASG Very Happy

Is it this one ?

Hey guys! I was precisely doing some research on ZZ Riesen. I'm interested in the fact that ZZ Riesen copied the Hausser Elastolin composition designs and manufactured them into hard plastic. Have any of you found any ZZ Riesen catalog? I'm really looking forward to find some of their rarest plastic models.
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySat Jan 01, 2022 6:04 pm

Some ZZ Riesen are indeed Hausser copies, some are Britains and some are original models.
Back to top Go down
Babdo

Babdo

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 2:37 pm

Hellp,
I have also a ZZ Riesen Bison but this Bison is bigger than the BRITAINS Bison.
I have found also an other NEW,E RAY Bison than listed in TAW.
All!!! animals in the NEWRAY-Set are not marked anywere!.
Benno.
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 5:31 pm

Very interesting comparison.I really like the Reisler and New Ray Bison.I haven't seen the New Ray one before.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies EmptySun Jan 02, 2022 11:22 pm

Oh, wonderful New-Ray set. I think I've never seen before the bison and the bighorn and I am not sure of a few others.
We are listing these New-Ray in the page below
https://toyanimal.info/wiki/New-Ray_Hunting_Sets
As the same figures can be found in several sets, we are just listing the figures. I think the white-tailed deer of that set is the same you can see on that page.

PostSubject: Re: Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies   Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies Empty

Back to top Go down

Riesen Zoo Bison and other BRITAINS ltd copies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies :: ZZ Riesen-
Jump to: