Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich minis topic

Go down 
+4
WILLYBACOMAN
HKHollinstone
aandmkw
Wildheart
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Schleich minis topic Empty
PostSubject: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Does anybody know how those little toys were sold?It was something similar to the Safari boxes(round translucent plastic)?

Can anybody post photos of them in a catalog,or more catalogs,and tell me when they were introduced and retired?

How many were they?I understood there was a mini series for each of the big ones:
dogs
forest
dinosaurs
marine life
zoo
farm life

and a special insect series

How much did they cost in a shop back then?Did they have tags or markings to say they're Schleich?

I know it's a lot of  question  question  question ,but can you help? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 2:48 pm

There were 100 animals and 10 insects. The insects are a little larger than the animals. I'm not sure how they were sold and I don't know if they had tags. I know the classics did, but finding them with tags is very hard. You can find pictures of them on Torben's site at the following link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You can click on each group and see the animals under that category. Hope this helps some. Someone else can probably elaborate more and be able to answer more of your questions better. According to the Gaschder catalog, the minis were available from 1965 through 2004 and the insects were available from 1965 to 1995.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks,Amy!That was a great piece of information!110!
I am still curious about how they were sold.They couldn't stay along with the big animals,since they would get lost easily.And since they had no tag,Schleich should have sold them in some sort of way to know they were made by them,not by another brand! Shocked Neutral
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:30 pm

Torben or someone else probably knows how they were sold. I didn't even know about them until I started searching on ebay.de and saw tons of animals I had never seen before. Then I got the Gascher catalog and they are in it. They were probably sold in a box that had hundreds of them in it and you just searched through it to see which ones you wanted.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a picture of the boxes that was used to display the minis.
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:53 pm

Great. Thanks. Do you know how much they sold for? Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:12 am

sfink wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here's a picture of the boxes that was used to display the minis.
Welcome to the forum "sfink" .
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:38 am

Great picture,Sfink!I was 100% sure they had photos of the boxes in the catalogs!
But since I never saw the old ones...Thanks!Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:05 pm

I lived in Germany in the 1970's, and in the toy-shop overthere, they were sold out of those boxes, and in the racks or shelfs.
They were without any tags, and the price was about 50 Pfennig a piece, the German cents in that time.
The classics were about double the price, so 1 mark or so.
When you see what those classics bring now, then you see how much profit they bring.
I collected Britains and Hausser Elastolin in that time already, and even they were much cheaper of course, from 1 to 5 mark a piece for the big ones like the African elephant.
Yes, things change of course, and prices go up when they get rarer.
But the price for the Schleich mini's are still in a "normal" range i think.

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: A few Schleich minis    Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Hi and sorry if this has been discussed before...

I found this dog from my parents' place yesterday (sometimes my mom buys toy bags from thrift stores :'D ). I had never seen this figure before, and that's why I didn't recognise it as a classic at first..
I believe it's the Schleich classic fox terrier from the 1960s, but I'm not 100 % sure, because it has no markings at all.
Usually all the classics have at least the little round Schleich symbol or the text "W.Germany" on them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
But the material feels exactly the same as the other classics and the eyes are painted also in the same style.
(sorry for the bad photo btw, there aren't much natural light in this time of the year...)

If anybody else has this figure, does it have any stamps on it?

EDIT: now when I look closer, my Classics collie doesn't have any stamps either...

I'll have the same question about this duck or goose. It looks and feels exactly the same as all the other Die Kleinen figures I've had (I've never had figures from the duck series before though), but it has only "CE" stamp on its butt. All my other Die Kleinen's have had at least "(c)Schleich" on them.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So can anyone tell if they're real or fake? Thanks in advance Very Happy

I'd also like to know if there's more Schleich figures without stamps. Ok, I knw that the minis don't have stamps, but they're so tiny that no stamps could fit Very Happy

Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 1:43 pm

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but that Terrier is awfully cute Razz He looks so innocent, but we know he just uses his puppy eyes to get his way Very Happy 

schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:00 pm

Have a look here
and
here
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Carola wrote:
I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but that Terrier is awfully cute :P He looks so innocent, but we know he just uses his puppy eyes to get his way :D 
Thanks, Carola! I'm terribly fond of him now. He's my favourite among the classics (if he even is an authentic one :) )

schmidtchenschleich wrote:
Have a look here
and
here
Thank you, but those pictures don't have their stamps visible, so they don't help me much.
And the terrier is not a mini, he's classic size.

But thanks anyways!

Nothing is more frustrating than to be unsure if something you own is the real thing or a copy.. :scratch:

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:43 pm

They are the real thing Very Happy

Look here at my site : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the dog is at the bottum Wink

They are rare and beaytyful, wonderful gems :cheers :

krista

krista

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
They are the real thing Very Happy

Look here at my site  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And  here  : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - the dog is at the bottum Wink

They are rare and beaytyful, wonderful gems :cheers :
Thank you for your help, Susanne !<3

I'm so happy that the dog is an authentic product  Very Happy 

So, the older Schleich classics don't have any stamps on them, right?
It's hard to identify them then  Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Yes . You need to know them. Many of those oldies have no identification, and a few have copies, but they are easy to spot, when you have seen the real ones Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich minis topic   Schleich minis topic Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich minis topic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Schleich-
Jump to: