Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

sunny Vote for the SUY of June ! Klick HERE sunny

Share | 
 

 Lineol 1925 Catalogue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:19 am

I bothered Sue and Lesley for the scans of older catalogues, and they were very very helpfull to send me loads of pages from the old composition brands. cheers
The did send me the pages the pages with animals, that is important for us here.
Of course they are in black and white, and not always the best quality, but this is really ancient stuff guys! farao
Here are the first pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Two drawings in the catalogue, made by Wilhelm Kuhnert, which was responsable for the sculpting to.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:41 am

Willy thanks so much for posting these, oh they are gorgeous, just makes me sad though, because I can't have any of these beautiful models Sad Laughing I love the Caribou!

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 65
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 31837

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Those are just fantastic bounce cheers cheers

Imagine they could make that kind of models when my mother was 3 years old Shocked

I suppose the children who got those were children of very wealthy families.
Even if there were grown-up collectors then, it would certainly not be the ordinary working guy who got them.

Just imagine how many years ago that was Shocked
My mom tells me that they all had the day off from scholl when an aeroplane was going to land in the city app 10 km from where she lived, - and that must have been some years later !
Hard to imagine, isn`t it ? Shocked

Those drawings are awfully interesting also. The cheetah is brilliant, - what is the other one, a puma? It is obvious that the artist had not seen a live one. So much the more impressive are the figueres Very Happy

Thankyou for these great scans, and HURRAY for Sue & lesley cheers flower

PS, - are there more pages ? I can click, but it just brings me to my own Imagebox scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 am

Welcome Harriet and Susanne. Very Happy
The karibu is a reindeer Harriet, as i said already in one of the other treads.
The sculptor was the same man who made those fantastic Lineol models Susanne.
I think he saw most of those models in the zoo in Berlin, when i am informed well.
The puma is actually a very good model, but the way of drawing is a little bit in the classic style i guess... Rolling Eyes
You can see him on the third page left in the middle Susanne. :)
I only have the animal pages, the others are not interesting for us here with lots of soldiers and so on.
Yes, only wealthy people could buy these models for their children, and that is the reason that a lot of them are well kept through the years, as those children were probably more carefull with them.
The costs were between a few cts and a few pennies, but that was a lot of money in that time of course... Rolling Eyes Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11289

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The karibu is a reindeer Harriet, as i said already in one of the other treads.
Reindeer is the more common name for the Caribou I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
castlerigg

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 70
Joined : 2010-12-11
Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:19 pm

"I bothered Sue and Lesley for the scans of older catalogues"

Willy did not "bother" us ... he is a true gentleman; he asked politely!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 am

Thank you ladies! queen

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

avatar

Country/State : UK
Age : 70
Joined : 2010-12-11
Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Willy, we are two sisters, which of us do you think is the gentleman?!!!!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:29 am

Sorry ladies, i quickly changed it! Laughing
Maybe the name Lesley brought me on this thought... Embarassed

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1650

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

THANKS so much for the catalogue pics! I love the different positions of the big cats! I ALSO LIKE THE WAY THEY ARE ALL IN RELATIVE SCALE TO EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5968

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:24 am

Welcome Balti!
Yes, the proportions in scale were much better then in modern figurines in about the same scale! Cool

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado
Age : 18
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Sat May 24, 2014 5:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Welcome Harriet and Susanne.  Very Happy
The karibu is a reindeer Harriet, as i said already in one of the other treads.
The sculptor was the same man who made those fantastic Lineol models Susanne.
I think he saw most of those models in the zoo in Berlin, when i am informed well.
The puma is actually a very good model, but the way of drawing is a little bit in the classic style i guess... Rolling Eyes
You can see him on the third page left in the middle Susanne. :)
I only have the animal pages, the others are not interesting for us here with lots of soldiers and so on.
Yes, only wealthy people could buy these models for their children, and that is the reason that a lot of them are well kept through the years, as those children were probably more carefull with them.
The costs were between a few cts and a few pennies, but that was a lot of money in that time of course... Rolling Eyes Laughing

My grandpa grew up during the Great Depression and toys were not considered a necessity during these times. My grandpa and grandma were occasionally lucky enough to find something affordable. My grandpa had to build his own toys at times. He build a wooden hanger for his model airplane. He also had a very old Lineol Choo Choo painted red which we still own.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
widukind

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 27997

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Sat May 24, 2014 11:37 am

Very interesting sunny 

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 53
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15030

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Sat May 24, 2014 11:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

My grandpa grew up during the Great Depression and toys were not considered a necessity during these times. My grandpa and grandma were occasionally lucky enough to find something affordable. My grandpa had to build his own toys at times. He build a wooden hanger for his model airplane. He also had a very old Lineol Choo Choo painted red which we still own.

I guess your Grandpa red Choo choo was a Lionel... not a Lineol  Wink 

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
QuollMate

avatar

Country/State : USA ~ Colorado
Age : 18
Joined : 2013-05-21
Posts : 1267

PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   Fri May 30, 2014 5:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

My grandpa grew up during the Great Depression and toys were not considered a necessity during these times. My grandpa and grandma were occasionally lucky enough to find something affordable. My grandpa had to build his own toys at times. He build a wooden hanger for his model airplane. He also had a very old Lineol Choo Choo painted red which we still own.

I guess your Grandpa red  Choo choo was a Lionel... not a Lineol  Wink 
Hahaha thanks for the correction! Wrong company! I thought they were the same. Wink Laughing

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Ëmmä [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]-QM [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://speedbirdconcorde.wixsite.com/speedbirdconcorde
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lineol 1925 Catalogue   

Back to top Go down
 
Lineol 1925 Catalogue
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Lineol 1925 Catalogue
» Lineol 1934-1935 Catalogue
» Arrival of the third first elephant, the LINEOL one
» My Lineol Collection
» Bullyland 1995 catalogue

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Vintage Companies (Plastic, rubber, lead, composition, masse...) :: Vintage companies catalogues-
Jump to: