Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?

Go down 
+8
SUSANNE
Wildheart
baltimore zoo
Roger
widukind
HKHollinstone
remrock02
Kiryuha
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:06 am

Well, the question is in the thread name. I think it'll be interesting to share our impressions now, when the majority of us could have seen the new Safari items in real life.
And this is my undoubted 2011 favorite, the Capybara:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 pm

My favorite Safari 2011 figure is the Wildlife Wonders Okapi!!!!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:13 pm

I don't have any of the new Safari in my possession yet - but I do love the look of the WW Okapi (of course Wink ) and the Capybara looks fantastic too!

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Absolutly the lesser kudu!!!!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:54 am

I don't have also any 2011 figure but I think the best is the Indian rhino even it is not a surprising species as a capybara, roadrunner, American badger or bobcat! The new donkey looks also a serious figure. :)
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:22 am

My fav would be the Indian rhino. I think that's one of their best overall figures, due to realism and artistic detail, besides their WW series(*(In no specific order)Elephants, rhino, hippo, lion, tigers, gorilla and orang)!!!
Rounding out my 2011' top 4...
1) Indian rhino
2) Capybara
3) American badger
4) WW Okapi
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 8:57 am

Roger wrote:
I don't have also any 2011 figure but I think the best is the Indian rhino even it is not a surprising species as a capybara, roadrunner, American badger or bobcat! The new donkey looks also a serious figure. :)
How could I be so stupid to forget I had the indian Rhino? confused confused What's got into me Laughing
I like very much the indian Rhino, really lovely detail. But because I can't compare with other releases, I couldn't say whether it's my favourite or not.

Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 am

Roadrunner for sure! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:46 pm

I only have the lesser kudu, the capybara, the donkeys and the kaprosuchus.
I like those very much Very Happy

Both the roadrunner, the American badger and the prehistoric trees are surely on my wishlist.

It is difficult, but if I should chose one of the few ones I have, it would probably be...hmmm, arrrh, ohhh, hmmm scratch
The kudu...or the kaprosuchus Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Just my opinion, but I think the Lesser Kudu's paint job on the face could have been a lot better.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 am

My best Safari 2011:

1) Capybara
2) American badger

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 10:22 pm

Roger wrote:

cheers bounce sunny

Safari makes good numbers this year, unfortunately I do not have all Posed one that I like.
they are very realistic and very inspiring.
For me it's my favorite Lesser Kudu,
The Indian Rhinoceros also among my favorites, it is beautiful.
The capybara is rare and very detailed badger and Roadrunner, a new bird that I love and ........ scratch sunny bounce Very Happy Wink I love you

Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 am

WW Okapi!
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:32 am

widukind wrote:
Absolutly the lesser kudu!!!!
The Lesser Kudu is OK, but in my personal Safari-2011 rating it's only on the 5th place after capybara, Indian rhino, cycad and agathis trees. If the kudu's painting was of a higher quality and realism...
Roger wrote:
...I think the best is the Indian rhino even it is not a surprising species as a capybara, roadrunner, American badger or bobcat!
baltimore zoo wrote:
My fav would be the Indian rhino. I think that's one of their best overall figures, due to realism and artistic detail...
Indian rhino is excellent indeed. But, as Roger admitted, capybara has the lead because its a rare animal to be made as a figurine. Moreover, it's a South American animal, which alone gives it favor in my eyes Wink

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:07 pm

Although the capy' a "rare" animal to be made into a figure, doesn't mean it's better(Takes the lead). It should come down to realism, artistic detail, body position etc. of the figure.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:57 pm

The same here, Kiril! I know your question is clear, the favourite, not the best! But I also thought my favo Schleich figure would be the wolverine and after seeing all range I think my favourite 2011 from Schleich is the Euroasian badger. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:59 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
Although the capy' a "rare" animal to be made into a figure, doesn't mean it's better(Takes the lead). It should come down to realism, artistic detail, body position etc. of the figure.
I find the realism & artistic detail of capybara and rhino more or less equal, and capybara takes the lead because it's a rare figurine species Wink

Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Roger wrote:
The same here, Kiril! I know your question is clear, the favourite, not the best! But I also thought my favo Schleich figure would be the wolverine and after seeing all range I think my favourite 2011 from Schleich is the Euroasian badger. Laughing
Well, favorite Schleich-2011 is another pair of shoes, and a good topic for discussion as well:scratch: Laughing But here the question is about Safari Ltd.
P.S.: I think it's worth to create a similar thread to gather our opinions on our Schleich-2011 favorites.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:40 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
Well, favorite Schleich-2011 is another pair of shoes, and a good topic for discussion as well:scratch: Laughing But here the question is about Safari Ltd.
P.S.: I think it's worth to create a similar thread to gather our opinions on our Schleich-2011 favorites.
Shall we change the heading to this section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and move this thread into it?

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:45 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Kiryuha wrote:
Roger wrote:
Shall we change the heading to this section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and move this thread into it?

Why not?

zbyszek

Country/State : Gliwice,Poland

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:29 pm

Fiigures from the Safari 2011 we saw just the photograph and not real. So a difficult to assess. But most of us like
capibara
roadrunner
bobcat
american badger
This type of my daughters and want to buy them. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I like the most american badger and capibara.
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Kiryuha

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:49 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
No, why? We'd better make a new thtread in that section called "The best new animal figurine in 2011" and discuss there all the brands.

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Kiryuha wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
No, why? We'd better make a new thtread in that section called "The best new animal figurine in 2011" and discuss there all the brands.
Well the best animal figurine for 2010 has been and gone now, we should change it to "Best animal figurines of the year" or "Best animal figurines for 2011", don't you think? I wasn't saying get rid of the thread that Susanne started in there, just the title of that section.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:20 pm

Or could we omit "animal" perhaps ?
One of the best, in my opininon, is the falconeer from Bullyland Rolling Eyes

I mean the forum is called SCHLEICHtiersammler, but Schleich is only part of it. So do we have to stay strictly to "tier" then ? Shocked scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:31 pm

Don't get me wrong, I really like the capy, just a little too dark brown. I'm going to repaint mine a lighter shade.
Oh,(As I've mentioned before) and I wish they had made the Indian rhino just a bit larger(4 1/2" tall and 6" long instead of 3" tall and 4.75" long).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?   What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite Safari Ltd. 2011 figurine?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next