Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... Empty
PostSubject: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:54 am

I made a trade with our Anna(Arrakai) from the forum, and this big hippo was the result from that trade.
It has some slight damage, as the upper-layer of paint or material is getting loose here and there.
But overall, it is in a nice condition, and i am happy with it.
I made some comparing pics to with other big hippo's.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]6294 Hausser Elastolin Hippo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A bigger pic of this big guy.

Here my both composition models, the Lineol on the left.

And here with the modern Papo hippo together.

Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... Empty
PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:06 am

The Lineol Hippo looks really great! Do you have some extra pics?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Lineol Hippo looks really great! Do you have some extra pics?
The Lineol Hippo is gorgeous, as are most of their figurines bounce

Congratulations Willy, lovely Hippo from Anna cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 9:56 am

I agree they are gorgeous! Sometime I would like to see all the Lineols zoo animals.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Golly, you must have some great powers of persuation, Willy Shocked

I thought Anna would never part with her wonderful find scratch

Congratulations, Willy, it is a beauuutyful critter cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:14 pm

Nice nice animal!!! Congratulation!!!!!!!!!! scratch scratch
Do you have the markhor? Laughing
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Congrats Willy Very Happy

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:54 pm

Nice nice animal!!! Congratulation!!!!!!!!!! scratch scratch
Do you have the markhor? Laughing

Ohhh, the markhor Sad I love you Sad I love you ( = heart almost broken from love Wink )
Back to top Go down
castlerigg

castlerigg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 pm

Beautiful Hippo, Willy!

We have a Lineol Markhor. We got him back in mid-1985, for £3.50.

We'll take a quick pic of him and post it as a separate topic.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 11:13 pm

Congratulations Willy! He's wonderful.

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 12:29 am

Thank you all guys, yes it is a nice critter!
I didn't had to persuate Anna Susanne, she wanted to trade it away herself... Laughing
Here are more pics of the Lineol hippo Balti.
By the way, in the catalogue section you can see all of the Lineol animals through the years... Wink

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 8:16 am

Great great hippo!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 9:29 am

We have a Lineol Markhor. We got him back in mid-1985, for £3.50.
£3.50! Shocked

Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 10:27 am

I think the Papo hippo is a similar updated more detailed version of the Lineol hippo : )
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 5:45 pm

ippo beautiful and thank you for the comparative picture cheers sunny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:56 am

Wow, Willy! Congratulations for your Elastolin hippo! But, everybody knows how I love this Lineol hippo!!! Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for showing so many and informative pictures about the real King! I agree with BZ, the Papo is an updated version of the Lineol what makes me love even more the vintage guy! ...and I also think Papo is finding inspiration in vintage figures, what is not a bad thing! :)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:08 am

Well, the Lineol and Papo do look similar indeed, but are different enought to...
But i accept that the Papo makers could have got some inspiration from the Lineol model... Rolling Eyes Wink farao

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Two Hausser Elastolin Figurines came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 am

In a nice cheap deal as usual, i had 2 Hausser Elastolin composition figurines in last weekend...
They had some damage, but not to bad.
The old and odd chimp with charm had a crack in one of his arms, the pigeon missed his beak, which i didn't saw in the picture of the sale.
But i made him a new one, so he looks ok again.
Here they are:

The 2 new additions together.

6267 Hausser Elastolin Chimp

4067 Hausser Elastolin Pigeon

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:23 am

The pigeon is wonderful!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Well, the Lineol and Papo do look similar indeed, but are different enought to...
But i accept that the papo makers could have got some inspiration from the Lineol model... Rolling Eyes Wink farao

The revange of the copies finder! Laughing I'm absolutly sure they are not copies, as we told, only inspiration! :)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Really nice additions!!! Thank STS i like the old brands!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Thank you Harriet and Andreas!
Thanks to you guys i know and like a lot more models to, then in the early years! cheers
But now there is so much more to collect... Shocked

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Yes, maybe you are right my friend! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:05 pm

They are wonderful, I LOVE them both I love you

That monkey is one of the most charming figures I have seen bounce cheers

Congratulations, Willy with two great finds flower
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:54 am

Congratulations for your old figurines! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:15 am

Even through is crack and missing part, but is nice!

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:24 am

The crack is hardly visable, special on pictures, the missing beak is back again... Laughing cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:56 am

Congratulation Willy Very Happy .

I think the chimp was first a Tipple-Topple model Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 am

Yes, you are right, but i guess this is a newer Hausser version... Laughing
Hausser used so many of the Tipple Topple(Pfeiffer) moulds... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 11:40 am

Lovely models Willy :) This pigeon is wonderful I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Thank you Ana! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...   Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011... Empty

Back to top Go down

Hausser Elastolin: an hippo, a chimp and a pigeon came in for September 2011...
Page 1 of 1