Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+5
HKHollinstone
Suebeedo
aandmkw
Lasersword1973
Kikimalou
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:30 am

It's been a long time now since I opened my last topic.  Sleep

It's time to wake up and do some work to share with you.

After reading the " Retired leopard - worth it?" topic, I chose to show you the Cape buffalo with parrots made by SAFARI ltd since 2008.

I think it's a very good model and despite it is a little bit bigger than the old Schleich or Papo, it can perfectly live with them.  Very Happy

But it's time to shut up and let the pics speaking...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Thank you for putting up these photos, Christophe.
I strongly believe that the Schleich is the 3rd, the Safari Ltd is the 2nd and the Papo is the 1st when in comes to who is the best looking African Buffalo. But of course, we should try to consider the fact that the Schleich is a 10 years plus older than these two. Maybe the Schleich needs to do a new generation bull in the near future to update it.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
I strongly believe that the Schleich is the 3rd, the Safari Ltd is the 2nd and the Papo is the 1st when in comes to who is the best looking African Buffalo. But of course, we should try to consider the fact that the Schleich is a 10 years plus older than these two. Maybe the Schleich needs to do a new generation bull in the near future to update it.

Yes Ronald Very Happy . Schleich needs to make a wonderful Cape buffalo next year... Because I NEED a wonderful herd of Cape buffaloes soon cheers
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:

Yes Ronald Very Happy . Schleich needs to make a wonderful Cape buffalo next year... Because I NEED a wonderful herd of Cape buffaloes soon cheers

That's my wish for the past two years already too, Christophe. I am really hoping they will make a new Buffalo soon. And maybe it would be much better if they will come out with a family like what they did with their Moose and their Warthogs this year. bounce
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 5:31 pm

Lasersword1973 wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Lasersword1973 wrote:

That's my wish for the past two years already too, Christophe. I am really hoping they will make a new Buffalo soon. And maybe it would be much better if they will come out with a family like what they did with their Moose and their Warthogs this year. bounce

So...Close your eyes and think strongly about Mary Poppins and maybe... cheers
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Great photos. Thanks for the comparison photos.
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 7:18 pm

I really like the added touch of the birds and the food hanging out of the mouth. The workers did a great job of painting these parts as well. That is important to me when I make a purchase. Hope they keep up the good work!
I would like to see that more with all the figures.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 4:02 pm

A water buffalo is on my Schleich wish list too. Great photo review Kiki. The Safari buffalo has lovely detail.
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 6:58 pm

Thank you, Christophe. I think I'll buy Safari's buffalo quite soon.

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:39 am

Congratulations on your newest Cape Buffalo my friend!

In my eyes, the Papo is the best in face expression ans skin texture, the Safari in variation on the theme with the ox-pickers and grass hanging out of the mouth, and the overall model.

Great little herd(i know you have more... Wink )

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:04 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congratulations on your newest Cape Buffalo my friend!

In my eyes, the Papo is the best in face expression ans skin texture, the Safari in variation on the theme with the ox-pickers and grass hanging out of the mouth, and the overall model.

Great little herd(i know you have more... Wink )

Thank's Willy Very Happy But it's not my last addition...

Until the CollectA will be here, the last one is still the Papo.

I made a walkaround with this one to help Gabe Tigerstrike and for my pleasure too of course... Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 5:30 pm

Good boy!
Although your avatar would suggest otherwise, haha. geek

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 11:58 pm

Here is my collection of buffalo Affricains, comparison between different models
and some photos of his figures
While waiting for the new 2012 Schleich ?????
Or my wishes great a water buffalo soon why not 2011 .!!!! bounce cheers :)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:21 am

Fantastic pictures Luke, I love the one in the top right corner, great!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 am

HKHollinstone wrote:

I'm happy for you Harriet Very Happy .

As far as I'm concerned... I can't see any pic cyclops !
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:13 am

Kikimalou wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:

I'm happy for you Harriet Very Happy .

As far as I'm concerned... I can't see any pic cyclops !
You have to press "Spoiler" for the picture to show. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks for the fantastic Water Buffalo's collection photos. From which brand is the calf belongs to? That's the first time I saw it.
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:47 am

Lasersword1973 wrote:
Thanks for the fantastic Water Buffalo's collection photos. From which brand is the calf belongs to? That's the first time I saw it.
Is it a calf, it has horns confused I didn't think calves had their horns that young. I think it must be Kim-Play as it says it above it Wink
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Lasersword1973

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:03 am

I never heard of this Kim Play brand before. But I know there is brand called Timpo. Maybe you are right, Harriet. That could be an adult Buffalo only in a smaller scale. question
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

[quote="HKHollinstone"]
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Harriet Very Happy

Very cool pics Lucky Luke cheers

I can't choose the one I prefer, it is a very good set indeed Cool

The smaller buffalo is a KimPlay, or a Timpo, or a Atlas edition or a Nature zone, Or a... In this case, there is one Chinese manufacturer and several importers.
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 pm

[quote="Kikimalou"]
HKHollinstone wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

Thank you Harriet Very Happy

Very cool pics Lucky Luke cheers

I can't choose the one I prefer, it is a very good set indeed Cool

The smaller buffalo is a KimPlay, or a Timpo, or a Atlas edition or a Nature zone, Or a... In this case, there is one Chinese manufacturer and several importers.

This exact Kiki Buffalo calf is branded china and sold in different brands and different packages, it is a different scale. is somewhat easy to use in a herd of buffalo we say that it is a youth until another brand we offer a calf.! affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Great pics Luke, thanks for sharing them!
Good to compare them anyway.
Yes, that Kim-Play or whatever brand this is given is in about the 1:24 scale, so somewhat smaller than the others.

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Great photos Luke. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 6:06 pm

Great Photos! Luke

I also can't see anything at first, until when I click on it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou   Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

Cape Buffalo 2008 Wild Safari Wildlife, walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1