Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Finaly, some collectA horses!

Go down 
+9
spikesilkenwolf
ezhilan
dlfrogman
skysthelimit
widukind
SUSANNE
Roger
HKHollinstone
Arrakai
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

Finaly, some collectA horses! Empty
PostSubject: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, what can you say about the collecta horses. They have always been AWFUL!! realy realy bad... Until this year!

To go from the worst to the best in one year is realy good work, bravo cheers

... Ok, the best... If you dont look at them from above, then they look like wierd pears, but lets not do that!

I mean, if you look at them from the right angle, they are just plain gorgeous!!! And the poses! Look closely now Schleich! You can learn a thing or two!
Realy well done, collecta, cant wait to see what you have for us next year cheers
Finaly, some collectA horses! Septem25
Finaly, some collectA horses! Septem26

An a few other. The water buffalo is realy good, and now I have them al, both collectA, papo, safari and schleich (both old and new) cheers The deer is pretty good, but I think the neck is a little skinny, here i must say that schleich wins the battle.
Finaly, some collectA horses! Septem27

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:28 pm

More awesome additions, congrats Anna Very Happy I still need the lusitano, the dun. They are gorgeous, my favs are the thoroughbred and Friesian I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:18 am

Ah, I also love see figures from above, and even I love CollectA horses I think you are right! :) Many figures are bad from this point of view!
This is not a water buffalo but you already told me a year ago that you make some confusion between water and cape! Rolling Eyes Be careful because there's a drink called Cape wine and I'm sure it is not water! drunken Well, thinking better I'm also getting confused... confused I'll drink something to stop saying silly things! pale drunken Water, of course, like your buffalo! cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:00 am

Laughing Roger, keep drinking..water drunken I always love a hood laugh Wink Wink

Anna, those horses are ..well, I think all the positive words have already been said cheers

Yes, Schleich, you are falling off the wagon, if you don`t take care affraid
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Wonderful!!! More congratulation!!! cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:00 pm

Congrats cheers

dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:01 am

OMG I want the baby chicks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezhilan

Country/State : india

PostSubject: collecta   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 2:08 pm

congrats on ur additions
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanx guys, happy you liked them Very Happy

@Roger; Embarassed I accually didnt know that there was any different, I just asumed that it was two different names to the same species. But after reading a little (after your clever input Rolling Eyes ) I realised that that was of course totaly stupid Laughing

Ok, so it´s the african cape, not the asian water Laughing Is al of the replicas cape? or is some of them water? (dont think it realy matters, they look the same and make a great herd ether way cheers ) <-- That is the replicas, not the living creatures Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Arrakai wrote:
Thanx guys, happy you liked them Very Happy

@Roger; Embarassed I accually didnt know that there was any different, I just asumed that it was two different names to the same species. But after reading a little (after your clever input Rolling Eyes ) I realised that that was of course totaly stupid Laughing

Ok, so it´s the african cape, not the asian water Laughing Is al of the replicas cape? or is some of them water? (dont think it realy matters, they look the same and make a great herd ether way cheers ) <-- That is the replicas, not the living creatures Wink

Thanks Anna, but call clever to my imput is very friendly from you. It is a drunken imput! drunken
From modern brands those we know are all Cape buffalos, Papo, CollectA and Schleich, even the retired Schleich is not a water as we usually see in many websites about the brand. But you are right, both species make a wonderful herd and they are beautiful. I hope some of the modern brands makes a water buffalo. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Arrakai wrote:
Well, what can you say about the collecta horses. They have always been AWFUL!! realy realy bad... Until this year!

I mean, if you look at them from the right angle, they are just plain gorgeous!!! And the poses! Look closely now Schleich! You can learn a thing or two!

Ok collecta for the last two years has changed who sculpts there horses. i would not go as far to say there where awful. a little odd i really like my quarter horse mare. For at least the last two years they have been sculpted by Deb McDermott.

http://galleryofhorses.com/

And as i said she has been doing this for at least 2 years so they where not " awful" as you said last year. I really do like them they are classy and very very very fun to repaint. some of the paint jobs they come with are not to nice. i'm a little grey lusitano stallion and am thinking about painting him. and i HATE what ever they stated making them out of. I like my hard plastic! They are all rubbery and bendy now. harder to paint. Mad

To me they now look a lot like breyers horses witch are all right but i do not collect them. I think they are Expensive large and overrated. as for Schleich changing to me more like this. i sure hope not. i will say they have some flaws but i really like schlich just the way it is.

spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 6:18 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
As most of us know by now, CollectA was the former brand of Mr.James Conolly, who retracted from this brand and started Mojo right now... Rolling Eyes

This also might help explain them having a new sculpter for the horses.

Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

Great additions)
The grey Lusitano seems to have a silver mane)
I also got Lusitanos as a present (and expect two get the more two for a repaint) and surprised by the fact how different they are in character, though they have the same mold. The grey one is furious, and the dun one- it seems he's just dancing.
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:47 pm

I think that horses are the most replicated animals and for a not expert as me they look all very similar. I know some are really different but the diversity is not as visible as in dogs and some breeds are really hard to identify. So this kind of series needs its own sculptor because horses should be made in comparison with other horses figures and not only one more figure of a large range of animals.
I think CollectA is in the right way. I'm sure the money they are wasting with Deborah, they will recover easily with the best selling of the figures and also to contribute for a positive image of the brand. Horses series are really really important. :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Roger wrote:
I think that horses are the most replicated animals and for a not expert as me they look all very similar. I know some are really different but the diversity is not as visible as in dogs and some breeds are really hard to identify. So this kind of series needs its own sculptor because horses should be made in comparison with other horses figures and not only one more figure of a large range of animals.
I think CollectA is in the right way. I'm sure the money they are wasting with Deborah, they will recover easily with the best selling of the figures and also to contribute for a positive image of the brand. Horses series are really really important. :)

The money is not wasted and I think sometimes they should need to out source for famous sculptor to see a different.

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:34 am

oh... I want those horses Sad They are not available here Sad I don´t know why ...

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Cyhyraeth

Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:57 pm

MartinH wrote:
oh... I want those horses Sad They are not available here Sad I don´t know why ...
They are unavailable in many countries- in Russia as well:( However, there are online stores and kind collectors that sometimes can help us to get those horses))
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:18 pm

I had to contact with a distribution company and they were so kind that sold them to me although they don´t have shop! But I´ve seen some Collecta in a catalogue of a big store, I want to go a check it; I´m not sure if they are Collecta or false Collecta Rolling Eyes

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finaly, some collectA horses!   Finaly, some collectA horses! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finaly, some collectA horses!
Page 1 of 1