Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale

Go down 
+24
widukind
baltimore zoo
skysthelimit
SyLoBe
Joan Milelire
K907
PeGe
Rio
Roger
sphyrna18
remrock02
STORMnl
Silver Unicornis
Numa
Andy DC
lucky luke
smithyboy
Ana
Kikimalou
HKHollinstone
Vivien
ken yeo
SUSANNE
WILLYBACOMAN
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 am

I don't really collect sea animals but I really like this Orca. I think I may need to add one to my collection to keep my little AAA Orca company.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Andy DC wrote:
It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!

You're right though i think that Papo made an orca in a pose that's usually seen when captive male orcas come out of the water to be presented on platforms. At least with flapped dorsal fin,....Also the papo models shows that the lower jaw was added to the corpus,....plus the missing saddle.
I think this one's the best orca with closed mouth to date, still hot is safari ltd monterey bay female,....
the rest is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 am

PeGe wrote:
Andy DC wrote:
It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!

You're right though i think that Papo made an orca in a pose that's usually seen when captive male orcas come out of the water to be presented on platforms. At least with flapped dorsal fin,....Also the papo models shows that the lower jaw was added to the corpus,....plus the missing saddle.
I think this one's the best orca with closed mouth to date, still hot is safari ltd monterey bay female,....
the rest is rubbish.

That's the first I'd really thought about the pose of the Papo. I always just assumed it's pose was representing it just below the surface before breathing (rather exaggerated, though). My Papo Orca doesn't have a flopped dorsal fin, though. It is a great companion overall to the Safari Monterey Bay female. Interestingly, I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though). I think that Safari's most recent Wild Safari one would look absolutely stunning with smaller, darker eyes and better shaping to the white eye patches. I don't remember if it has a saddle or not, but I'm assuming it does. If not, they should add that. I totally agree about the Schliech Orcas. I remember when they introduced their more recent Orca (the non- 1:32 one), and the way it was pictured in the promo materials made it look outstanding. I ordered one immediately. I was so disappointed when I got it. How stupid looking. Colorata has two really great Orcas, and Kaiyodo's are to die for. The Collecta, interestingly, wasn't the worst I'd seen (way better than Schleich's I think). Even the Favorite Collection Soft Model Orca is a sad piece of vinyl. I wish Safari would do another Monterey Bay one to compliment the one they have now, but alas, I doubt that will ever happen. I'm most likely gonna buy this Mojo one, just to add to my collection, but I do wish they'd move the eye patches so that they protrude slightly over the eye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks for the comments guys, and naming an orca after me Christoph! Very Happy
I was there before the orca was there(or known), so i must think that your orca is named after me, haha. Wink
That the second one will be named Baco(Bacardi Cola) is obvious then in combination with the first one...) Laughing

Thanks for your great comments Sphyrna, learned something again.
I suspected already that the adults have to leave their family to mate, otherwise inbreeding was very obvious of course.
I guess a pod counts several hundreds of orca's, but even then the change of interbreeding is quit high, but maybe some outsiders come into the pods from other pods near them or so, that seems to be the most logical to me.
I knew about the family structures of orca families, it is very often showed in documentaries on tv, and i am always specially interested in those which show about the delphin family, or whales in general.
But i guess, it is a matter of time, that the different sub-species will not mate with eachother again at all, or even will not be able to produce fertile offspring(the fact that they don't do right now anymore showes that, evolution on its way already).
The typical way of evolution to split and make new species after some time.
It is depending on the enviroment and natural circumstances how fast these things go... Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 am

Aaaah, Sphyrna, it sounds like you have a great collection of orcas Shocked
Please, please, do you have time to show us pictures ? bounce bounce Very Happy

I agree with Willy about learning new things here study
This has turned into a very interesting subject about orcas, both real ones and models cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
K907

K907

Country/State : Kodiak, Alaska

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 am

Finally Mojo has released a whale! Very Happy Its a nice figure, going to get this one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 pm

WOW !!!! cheers cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! cheers cheers bounce cheers

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 6:39 pm

That's GREAT news! Thank you, Mojo. Consider yourself on my Pre-order" list!!
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm

And that my friends is why Mojo is better than Schleich!
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

Joan Milelire

Country/State : Catalonia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.

What a Face What a Face What a Face hurray for Mojo cheers cheers cheers
that brand really listen to collectors!!!!

my handmade models: http://bestiari.weebly.com/     my models in facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bestiari.animal.replicas[/center]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, I appreciate it a lot! It´s nice to know Mojo is working for collectors and not only for children ^^ Hooray! I really hope Mojo will be sold in Spain!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:00 pm

You are right! For Mojo we ar more than numbers! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Roger wrote:

Hurray cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 pm

And that's what I like in this brand the best! It's always nice when a company tries to keep in touch with its customers. Safari and Collecta also take some of their customers' suggestions into consideration. But Mojo is still ahead of them in this matter Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Another Mojo winner cheers cheers

PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:11 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Andy DC wrote:

the rest is rubbish.

That's the first I'd really thought about the pose of the Papo. I always just assumed it's pose was representing it just below the surface before breathing (rather exaggerated, though). My Papo Orca doesn't have a flopped dorsal fin, though. It is a great companion overall to the Safari Monterey Bay female. Interestingly, I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though). I think that Safari's most recent Wild Safari one would look absolutely stunning with smaller, darker eyes and better shaping to the white eye patches. I don't remember if it has a saddle or not, but I'm assuming it does. If not, they should add that. I totally agree about the Schliech Orcas. I remember when they introduced their more recent Orca (the non- 1:32 one), and the way it was pictured in the promo materials made it look outstanding. I ordered one immediately. I was so disappointed when I got it. How stupid looking. Colorata has two really great Orcas, and Kaiyodo's are to die for. The Collecta, interestingly, wasn't the worst I'd seen (way better than Schleich's I think). Even the Favorite Collection Soft Model Orca is a sad piece of vinyl. I wish Safari would do another Monterey Bay one to compliment the one they have now, but alas, I doubt that will ever happen. I'm most likely gonna buy this Mojo one, just to add to my collection, but I do wish they'd move the eye patches so that they protrude slightly over the eye.
Hey!
i thought of that:
http://www.orcahome.de/images/ulises4.jpg
Of course, my Papo whale doesn't have a flapped fin as well, but this is the only difference from what i remembered of that picture here. I recently painted him a saddle. yes, the monterey-female is very good, although the dorsal fin is a little too fat, but otherwise it could easily break off i guess.
Do you have any picture of those two calves you mentioned?
Just for comparison purpose?

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:40 pm

PeGe wrote:
Hey!
i thought of that:
http://www.orcahome.de/images/ulises4.jpg
Of course, my Papo whale doesn't have a flapped fin as well, but this is the only difference from what i remembered of that picture here. I recently painted him a saddle. yes, the monterey-female is very good, although the dorsal fin is a little too fat, but otherwise it could easily break off i guess.
Do you have any picture of those two calves you mentioned?
Just for comparison purpose?

I agree about the Monterey Bay females dorsal fin - not sickle-shaped enough, but like you said, perhaps if they did that it would have broken or something. Who knows? Or perhaps a sharp, curved dorsal fin doesn't translate well into vinyl (or didn't back when they made the mold - way back in 1990/91).

Do you mean pictures of the Colorata Orcas? Here they are:

[img]Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 01_mm-10[/img]

And more recently:
[img]Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 06_kil10[/img]

If those aren't what you meant, let me know.
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Hey!
No, i thought of those figurines AndyC mentioned, i guess i have the newer Monterey-Orca. I guess i mixed "Bay" with "Baby", and as a result, i was talking of "Calves".... Laughing Hard day at work.

"I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though)."
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

PeGe wrote:
Hey!
No, i thought of those figurines AndyC mentioned, i guess i have the newer Monterey-Orca. I guess i mixed "Bay" with "Baby", and as a result, i was talking of "Calves".... Laughing Hard day at work.

"I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though)."

Oh - gotcha. Sorry. Yeah, the first run Orca was really beautiful, especially the eyes! VERY lifelike. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. Right now a lot of figures are in storage and I'm not home very much to ever get a chance to take them out. But someday. I also happen to have the Orca calf from Monterey Bay, which is also really nice, for a calf. The dorsal fin is exactly as it should be on the little tyke!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 am

Roger wrote:

Now that is great news, that Mojö really listens to collectors again! cheers
A gold medal from me for this achievement! farao

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:50 am

So if Mojo listens to the collectors, "Please, make animals in "relative proportion" to each other".
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So if Mojo listens to the collectors, "Please, make animals in "relative proportion" to each other".

First you must show us that you are a collector! Wink If you don't show us your collection, it will look even more ilusive that the scale of modern brands! What a Face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

lol!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next