Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Ok so after selling my ridiculously huge tv I was able to get my CD shelf in my room I am renting and it will hold alot of figures but I am at a delimma on how to organize them. How do you organize your herds Very Happy Very Happy Eventually I will have some diorama type settings when I get my own place with more room cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:54 pm

What a wonderful, great situation, - to have such beautyful, large and not-too-deep , empty shelves. Shocked
A dream for a collector, WOW cheers

You will find lots and lots of inspiration if you go through the "collection" subjects.

A very good one is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
where lots of people show their shelves . Not two are the same Very Happy

But this can also be a great subject for telling about experience - good and bad - good advice etc.

Great subject ! I just can`t wait to see what you get out of it bounce bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:49 am

Wow so much space, I put my animal groups corresponding with which continent they live in.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:11 am

Your collection is growing everyday... so it is hard to know what you could do... scratch ... cheers , Maybe find one more display ? Laughing Laughing Laughing

SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok so after selling my ridiculously huge tv I was able to get my CD shelf in my room

Marvelous idea, get rid of the silly TV and put critter-displays up instead lol! lol!

cheers I LOVE IT cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:04 am

Well, i guess, we all need a TV these days, but one that is to big surely not.
That is the problem in many cases, people buy a TV that is much to big for the room in which the TV will be situated.
You need at least 3 meters distance to see clearly what is going on on the TV, 4 meters is even better... Laughing
I still have tube-Tv's in my livingroom and bedroom, which are about 82 cms in diagonal distance, and as long as they are giving me the same clear pictures, they will not be replaced, even though i like the big LCD-, plasma and other modern TV's... Cool
And when it is time to replace them, i will buy one that suits to my livingroom...
For a screen that is 107 cms diagonal you need to have about 5 or 6 meters distance, or you are turning your head from left to the right when you waych TV, haha... geek, same as in a tennis-match from the middle side...

So after all, better put vitrines or shelves with our beloved models, that never will bore us, and you never have to change the channel! cheers

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:01 am

Well, i guess, we all need a TV these days, .........

Laughing Laughing No all Very Happy
I know several people who don`t own a TV drunken - some are old hippie-types, some are old redneck-types, and for them it is a principle.
Others use their PC as TV Very Happy
I even know of a family who don`t watch TV for religious reasons !

The strange thing is that none of these use the spare room for animal models scratch Shocked Suspect

I don`t watch TV very often, but I must admit I would hate to be without it even if mine is tiny Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, i guess, we all need a TV these days, .........

Laughing Laughing No all Very Happy
I know several people who don`t own a TV drunken - some are old hippie-types, some are old redneck-types, and for them it is a principle.
Others use their PC as TV Very Happy
I even know of a family who don`t watch TV for religious reasons !

The strange thing is that none of these use the spare room for animal models scratch Shocked Suspect

I don`t watch TV very often, but I must admit I would hate to be without it even if mine is tiny Wink

I watch TV once a week only, when I visit my parents Laughing In the house where I live now, there is a TV that belongs to granpa of my husband but we not watch it because there is no Animal Planet or Nat Geo Wild channels Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:35 pm

Rusty, what a great display cabinet! i never would have thought of a CD rack! brilliant! can't wait to see it filled up!

i never even had a TV until a few years ago, when i got one to watch DVDs. i just realized i haven't even watched a DVD for almost a year now, and if i want to, i can now watch DVDs on my new computer, so i am getting rid of the TV. i just don't like TV. Mad

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:57 am

Ok so after selling my ridiculously huge tv I was able to get my CD shelf in my room I am renting and it will hold alot of figures but I am at a delimma on how to organize them. How do you organize your herds Very Happy Very Happy Eventually I will have some diorama type settings when I get my own place with more room cheers

Or just do a temporary set up & since you are renting!

dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:04 am

Oh ya nothing permanent here Very Happy I won't go crazy with it till I get my own place.
Back to top Go down
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:03 am

Rusty, what a great display cabinet! i never would have thought of a CD rack! brilliant! can't wait to see it filled up!

Yes, I also think it's great idea to use CD shelves for collection! Very Happy Congrats, and of course will be great to see it filled :) Wink
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 pm

You have many possibilities open, Rusty!
In general, there are two basic approaches to arranging animals - zoological (orders, genera etc., see example [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) and zoogeographic (see examples [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). I prefer the latter but it's a matter of taste.

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:37 pm

I am so excited bounce bounce I just made my final payment on an order of 60 Schleich then I can really get started organizing it the way I want cheers
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:38 pm

I am so excited bounce bounce I just made my final payment on an order of 60 Schleich then I can really get started organizing it the way I want cheers

60 Schleichs! Nice! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:39 pm

I got them on ebay for about .99 each average. The lady was nice enough to let me make payments and also waited till I was done bidding on all of them.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Congrats man... :)

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:43 pm

I can't believe how addicting these little guys are. affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:07 pm

Gosh ! You really go for Schleich the hard way Laughing

Congratulations ! It must be almost impossible for you to wait bounce bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:08 pm

I know affraid I hate waiting bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

PostSubject: Shhhh they are sleeping LOL time to reorganize woo hoo   Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Ana

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:24 pm

It's so much fun to look at them when they are sleeping Razz Razz Razz Laughing Beautiful collection!!! sunny

Most of them are Schleich, but also some Nayab, Safari Ltd, Papo and AAA. You have also these wonderful tine rabbits, (they are from Breyer?) Which one You don't recognize??? :)

Ooops You meant "re organize" Embarassed Embarassed Laughing I'm sorry, I thought it was "recognize" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Last edited by ana on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Isn`t it wonderful whenn the whole bunch is sleeping ?
I suppose you have fed them, bathed them and read a fairytale, - so now they at quiet at last Very Happy

Ohhh, no one of the bears is sneaking out to get a burger, and some babies don`t want too stay in their eggs any more Shocked
No, sorry, sorry Embarassed geek Wink drunken Laughing

It really, really exiting.
WOW, the shelves are ready, and the models sorted, NOW COMES THE FUN bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:09 pm

silent silent silent :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:59 am

Don't wake them up!! arrow arrow

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????   Today at 7:05 am

Back to top Go down

Ok here is the shelf now how should I organize them????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next