Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy

Go down 
+12
Arrakai
Tupolew Tu-154
Sapphire
skysthelimit
Wildheart
remrock02
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
Vivien
smithyboy
Numa
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 pm

HI everyone I have been given the go ahead and will post the photos as and when I receive them. I will post each wildlife model in its own thread for discussion and comments. Other lines such as Horse, farm and Dogs & Cats will be posted within one thread to keep things tidy.

So here are the photos of the German Shepherd and puppy from the Dogs and Cats line coming out in 2012:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:47 pm

I like the pup but I am not sure about the adult.
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Sorry,but I don't like them much.They look strange... Suspect There are many good dogs from CollectA,so my exspectations were high.But this is totally disappointing. Crying or Very sad Are these two guys the only dogs from CollectA for 2012??
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Ok doggies Very Happy

Only, isn`t there something about the ears ?
I am not an expert in this breed - but don`t puppies this age have flapping ears. scratch
As far as I know they only begin to stand up when the pups are almost adult size ?
Opposed to this, - the ears look too soft on the adult ?

There is no doubt that these dog are Asatian shepherd dogs, but something is not typical for the breed,
especially the heads scratch , - they are cute and all that.....but scratch
I think a judge from the Kennel Club would wring her/his hands in distress Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm not a dog expert at all but I like these 2. Texture of fur is really nice and head of the adult has lot of character. Pup looks to much like smaller adult scratch But paint job is very very good in both I think cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 4:01 pm

I like the expression of the adulte, the painting and texture! Also the way they interact, the pup would be much better! :)
Back to top Go down
remrock02

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

I am not a fan of the dogs heads but I do like the bodies!!!
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:36 pm

Alot better than Schleich, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:50 pm

remrock02 wrote:
I am not a fan of the dogs heads but I do like the bodies!!!
I wrote something similar in the first, deleted topic Very Happy

Sapphire

Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I have a German Shepard named Mavrick he just turned 1 :) but anyway when he was a puppy like all Germans he had floppy ears and was really dark (born pure black) in color.

Then

this summer

and now

He kept changing colors and now he is at the color he will be forever.
His ears took a wile to stick up,I miss his floppy ears! Razz
he was this big when they started to stick up,they would go up and fall again,and sometimes only one would go up for a wile and so on,Its like kids maturing is different for all Germans of coarse, but this Collect A model looks small/young enough compared to the adult to be WAY darker and have floppy ears,there is NO way that the pup should look like that the age he looks to be.I think they should have put WAY more thought into it.

he looks no older then Mav was here..when his ears started to come up,but were never up for long and they fell again.

thats just my say though! they are nice figures other then that,I guess if you look hard enough you can pick flaws in anything.

-Emily cheers

Check out my website..link is down below! :)
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Oooooh, Emily ! What an adorable puppy I love you flower I love you I love you I love you I love you
And fantastic, wonderful dog he is growing up to be cheers

Gorgeous photoes, I can`t stop smiling when I look at them Very Happy

Yes, yes, - that is what I meant, that CollectA puppy`s ears are totally wrong.
They ought to take it out of production and make another one immediately Wink

I can see on the last photo ( the joints on the front legs) that your wonderful Mavrick is still young and growing, so his ears are not an adult`s ears yet.
But the CollectA`s adult is not a teen ager, - his ears should also be quite different IMHO scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:01 pm

That's the reason why I don't collect babies! Most part of brands make babies like cute and mini adultes. It is usually a commercial decision because it sells better if it is immediatly recognisable! :) I use always the example of the puma, why nobody makes puma babies? cat
Thanks for showing your beautiful pupy and explaining everything so well, Emily! :)
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:30 pm

@ furysgirl786

I agree. The German shepherd puppy from collectA is not real. The Schleich one is better.

Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 12:23 am

Like you said, the puppys ears and color is wrong, it just looks like a miniature adult.

The adult, the head is ok, but I have big trouble with the hind legs, they look too strechted and bended (I have seen shepherds that have almost legs like that, so ok, maybe they do exist, but that dog could barely walk because of the legs, so it´s definetly not a healthy dog No )
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

Andy DC

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 1:06 am

Quite good, could be improved, better generally happy!
Back to top Go down
Sapphire

Sapphire

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:04 am

Arrakai wrote:
Like you said, the puppys ears and color is wrong, it just looks like a miniature adult.

The adult, the head is ok, but I have big trouble with the hind legs, they look too strechted and bended (I have seen shepherds that have almost legs like that, so ok, maybe they do exist, but that dog could barely walk because of the legs, so it´s definetly not a healthy dog No )

Yeah,there are Germans like that,they are more so for showing as my German is a worker dog.My friend breeds the Germans with the shorter turned out back legs.It does not hurt them the first few years and they walk fine but the long term affects are not good at all they get bad leg problems at a earlier age.Personalty I dont like the look of them or what that 'look' comes with that is why I did not go with them even if one of my good friends breeds them from top show lines and was willing to give me a deal,it just was not worth it.

I could not find a good picture of any of hers but I got one off Google for you guys! :)
There are different types of German Shepperd you can get,worker (like mine) and show (below) but this figures looks like a worker one Shep a show Shep other then the legs.

They even run strange because of the lower outward back legs.

This figure may be a 'show type' Shep... but still that is no reason to mess up the pup with lack of consideration! Razz
I still dont know why people do that to them just for looks and to win shows,but I guess money is a powerful thing.
thats just my humble opinion though your may be different! :)

-Emily cheers

P.s thanks everyone so much for the nice comments about Maverick! :) I do love him so much. I might have to post some more pictures soon in a new thread! <3

Check out my website..link is down below! :)
Back to top Go down
http://whiterunstables.webs.com/
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 2:39 am

Enily! A very nice German Shepherd you have! I used to work in Police dog unit and also seen many shepherd with different appearance and shape. And if collecta can make a German Shepherd like this one with dark face would be good.

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm

I like these two, although the puppy should have floppy ears on this age indeed, but ok, so we will have some difference in our collections.
Really lovely pics of your German shepherddog Emily1
Specially the one with one ear sticking up, reminds me very much of a bastard terrier dog i had in the past.
He was a mix of 2 Spanish streetdogs, mom looking more like a Yorkshire terrier, and dad more looking like a Fox-Terrier.She ended up looking a bit like both.
A half-long coat, with a kind of curls, and ear standing up like a Yorkie, and one ear tipped like a Fox, she was adorable! Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 am

Also nice!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy   CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy Empty

Back to top Go down

CollectA 2012 German Shepherd and puppy
Page 1 of 1