Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meerkat

Country/State : New Jersey USA

PostSubject: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:51 pm

Thanks to Widukind, I was able to have these two beautiful Meerkats shipped to me. :) They are among the favorites in my collection, and they're absolutely stunning. The sit-standing one is especially unique!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just love this figure!

From the get-go, you probably noticed how similar the standing one is to a Schleich Meerkat. I've done a comparison, and it looks like it's a copy. Even the sculpted fur is the same in most, if not all, areas.

While I couldn't really get detailed shots of the fur patterns lining up, here they are, side by side.

Schleich is always on the Right

The most noticeable differences are the way its head is turned upwards, and how tapered the tail is compared to Schleich. I prefer the copy to the real thing because of the tail! Plus, it has less words and copyright stuff cluttered on it.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:06 am

Congrats Meekats! I like the sitting position Meekat.

SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:16 am

Beautyful meercats, they are so cute cheers
CONGRATULATIONS with this great find flower

Do you have any idea who made them ? Are they made in China or... scratch

It is really funny to see the two, - Schleich and your new one - from behind, it is a HORRIBLE habit of Schleich that they paster the smaller models over with their addresses and CE and what-not ! Mad

I aggree with you, your new standing meercat is especially wonderful.
Just look how the paws are correct, the one he is lifting being more narrow, and the one he supports himself on the toes are more spread Very Happy

I googeled to see how a real tail looks, and found that there are 3 sub-species. But I can`t find descriprion/pictures to illustrate them. Do you know ? scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:44 pm

Wonderful figure! Maybe it has some inspiration from the Schleich one but I agree that the unmarked looks better! :) Nice from Andreas helping you finding another wonderful figure for your spectacular meerkat collection! :)
Back to top Go down
Meerkat

Country/State : New Jersey USA

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:39 pm

Thank you everybody!

Here's the link to the standing one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the series is Fans of Earth. Or that could be the company name. I'm not sure! Sad

I agree! The text and labels completely litter the figures. The older Schleich meerkats have a lot less on them, though.

For the tail, you could look up "Slender-tailed meerkat" Very Happy

It was very nice of Andreas to help me, and I'm grateful every time I look at the figure :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thank you everybody!

Here's the link to the standing one:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think the series is Fans of Earth. Or that could be the company name. I'm not sure! Sad

I agree! The text and labels completely litter the figures. The older Schleich meerkats have a lot less on them, though.

For the tail, you could look up "Slender-tailed meerkat" Very Happy

It was very nice of Andreas to help me, and I'm grateful every time I look at the figure :)

Thanks for the link, it is really interesting! It looks Fans of Earth is the name of the series! :)
Now you look at a little meerkat and you remember Andreas! Laughing That's nice! I feel the same when I see my rockhopper penguin! Laughing Wink silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!   Today at 7:02 am

Back to top Go down

2 New Meerkats and a Scheich comparison!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1