Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals

Go down 
+9
ken yeo
Roger
landrover
Sergey
Vivien
widukind
smithyboy
Kikimalou
Mastiffcat
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals Empty
PostSubject: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 4:30 am

It has begun: The Tree.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Or rather, one of the Trees - i have three. affraid drunken I need three because my other collection - tree ornaments - won't fit on only one. Thanksgiving weekend is when i traditionally start putting up the tree(s), so i can finally participate in the "XXXXXX - show us yours" threads. At least some of them, since most of my ornaments are glass, and i won't be putting them out this year. I'm only putting up the tree with non-breakables this year, until i know whether Mr. Spence cat is safe around yule trees. Or rather, whether trees are safe around him! So this is the very beginning of the tree. This is only a drop in the bucket. I'll be at it for at least another week.
Where ornaments fit into other threads, i'll put them there. Ones that don't fit elsewhere, but are so cool i have to share them, i'll put here. like this guy:
The Seahorse From the Smithsonian Carousel series by Kurt S. Adler.

Last edited by Mastiffcat on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:53 am

Very Happy Can't wait to see more pics cheers
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

smithyboy

Country/State : Australia

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 am

Put my tree up today, you are a great decorator Carolynn.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 am

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! santa santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 7:55 pm

widukind wrote:
CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! santa santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer
cheers cheers cheers I want snow!!!! bounce bounce bounce santa santa santa rendeer rendeer
Have you already got snow in Saxony,Andreas??

Carolynn,that's the tree of an animal-figure collector! Very Happy Just beautiful,I can't wait for more pictures. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 8:15 pm

The Great Collectors Christmas Tree! I did,nt see better! bounce bounce bounce santa santa santa rendeer rendeer rendeer

(ps ...and I want this rhino from the tree! Laughing Laughing Laughing )

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 9:24 pm

:) :)

Tree with animals...wow

I think that I will copy your idea Wink
In my country,we put many animals on
the manger with Jesus Mary and Joseph:

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:26 am

Thank you everyone! I love my trees! They are where i can fully indulge my animal collector's soul and i am thrilled to share them!

Land, i would love to see more photos of your nativity display. i love nativity displays.

Sergey wrote:
(ps ...and I want this rhino from the tree! Laughing Laughing Laughing )
If you really want one: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
They don't ship to Russia, so PM me if you want me to help you...

Last edited by Mastiffcat on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:24 am

I confess I find your tree very beautiful, I'm not very devoted to Christmas ornaments but this year I'll try to make a Presepio with some of my wild figures. I'm eager to see your complete forest! santa
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:10 pm

I love that Christmas tree with so many animals!!

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:06 am

Remember I said i'd started my tree,

well, now i've finished:
please note, i've finished because i ran out of (a) steam and (b) room. If i hadn't run out of steam, i'd still be cramming ornaments on the thing, because this is i'd guess only about half my collection. affraid

i just realized that that picture cuts off the very top of the tree, but that's okay coz i had to have a close up of my tree topper. Not being into the usual stars or angels or whatever, i wanted something special, something that could sit way at the top of a tree, and be king of it all, and my prayers were answered:

Let's start with the Smithsonian Carousel series, replications of antique carousel pieces in the Smithsonian Museum. Released late 1980s-early 1990s. What's really cool about this set is they came with information about who made each animal and what carousel they were on. I couldn't afford them when they first came out, but i've slowly been hunting them down.
You've already met the Seahorse above, but let's start with my first one, the one i couldn't resist buying when they first came out, even though i was broke. To this day, i think he's still my favorite (but don't tell the rest of them!)
Feast your eyes on the Armored Horse:

The American Deer

the Rooster

Carousel Horse

the Goat

the Zebra

the Elephant

the Camel

and finishing up with another Carousel Horse

Last edited by Mastiffcat on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 am

but ah-hah! I'm not finished after all, because there are still the cats to share with you. I'm telling you, after you've feasted your eyes on these beauties, you're going to have a whole new appreciation for what really constitutes a good cat figure.
And you might have nightmares because you are about to enter the Twilight Zone of animal figures. You are forewarned.
Are you ready? You might think you are, but you're not.

Lo, here is the Tiger
ugh, you say, bad, but not that bad. You sure? Let's take a closeup look:

Yikes!
oh, you're still not impressed? Hmmmm, then how about the Lion
What the ....? did the guy who carved this ever even see a lion?

ok, he probably saw a picture of one.
Which is more than you can say for the inspired genius who created the masterpiece that is the African Lion

be afraid, be very afraid
really, comment would be superfluous.

okay, after that horror, let's return to safe ground, an animal every artist knows and loves, the cat, who has been immortalized as one of the most popular carousel figures ever, the darling, the adorable and charming
Cat with fish

isn't that the cutest thing ever? really, it's the perfect kitty cat, except for the front paws being a little... wait a minute... what is with its front paws? they look like...
yes, they are....
HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
with OPPOSABLE THUMBS!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Your Christmas Tree is very special, great idea with Eagle on the top Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy And these animals from carousel are incredible! Lions, tiger-funny guys indeed! They are like from another World Razz And this CAT WITH FISH, wow he is unbelievable!!! Laughing What a Face Surreal! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 pm

Ahahah, that's interesting Carolynn! Thanks for showing! I see clearly a very artistic expression in any figure! All of them have a lot of character and the whole group makes a very crazy but wonderful tree! santa They do not intend to be realistic and we should get what any sculptor wants to express! scratch
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Carousel animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:41 am

Continuing with carousel animals:
Hallmark made a lovely series.

I don't believe they are replicas of actual carousel animals, but they are made to look like a style of carving where the seams are visible where they pieced the figure together. THere is also a Kangaroo, but i can't find him to take his picture. I know he's on the tree, but where??!?!

Last edited by Mastiffcat on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks for showing, they are beautiful! :) Nice polar bear!Wink I think the kangaroo jumped out to the closest presepio! santa bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 1:04 am

Carolynn, it's beautiful!!!!! santa

-KRistie
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:24 am

Thank you Anna, Kristie and Roger!

Roger wrote:
Ahahah, that's interesting Carolynn! Thanks for showing! I see clearly a very artistic expression in any figure! All of them have a lot of character and the whole group makes a very crazy but wonderful tree! santa They do not intend to be realistic and we should get what any sculptor wants to express! scratch
yes! We need to remember that like our toy figures, carousel animals are first to give joy to children, and if they are beautiful art too, that is a bonus.

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:29 am

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:42 am

I found the Hallmark Kangaroo:

Breyer also has made a series of carousel ornaments in ceramic.
This is 2011 "Sonata", the 12th in the series; the others are not on the tree this year because i didn't put out most of my breakable ornaments because my crazy cat.

i've had this little wooden carousel horse probably 25 years

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 2:43 am

Izzy wrote:

oh! this is exquisite! magical!

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 am

Holy Moses affraid

I run out of words ( yes, it IS possible Wink ) Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I have to spend HOURS looking, ohhhhhh Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals   The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

The yule tree ornament collection: Carousel Animals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Non toy animal items-
Jump to: