Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:15 pm

When I heard that the Young Lion will be retired next year,I went quickly to the next toy shop and buy one.
First,I was sceptic about this figure but at the end I came to the conclusion that he has got much character and
is just a bit special. Very Happy Do I see right??I think he is cross-eyed. Laughing What do you think about this figure and which young lion do you prefer-Schleich one or Papo's?I ask because I consider to get Papo's too,a picture would be nice. Here is the Schleich Young Lion. arrow
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pipi6

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm

lots of spirit that's the best way to describe it right ??? alien
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:34 pm

I prefer Papo's but these 2 can't really be compared, Papo's lion is much younger...

Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I prefer Papo's but these 2 can't really be compared, Papo's lion is much younger...

And much better IMHO king

Vivien1998 wrote:
I ask because I consider to get Papo's too,a picture would be nice. Here is the Schleich Young Lion. arrow

I made a review with some pics of the young PAPO lion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pipi6

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
I ask because I consider to get Papo's too,a picture would be nice. Here is the Schleich Young Lion. arrow

I made a review with some pics of the young PAPO lion [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
THANX LIKE THE PHOTOS i ONLY HAVE THE LIONESS AND TWO CUBS FROM SCHLEICH Crying or Very sad BUT i DONT CARE I DONT COLLECT LIONS Laughing CONGRATS ON THE LION U GUYS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:58 pm

That goes without saying...

Nooo, that's the link for your page about lioness Wink Very Happy

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:36 pm

...But without words he has exclusive pose! Wink Laughing Laughing

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 pm

I never have cared for this lion, but then I don't collect lions. In fact, I don't have a single lion in my collection. That said, each time I've seen the Schleich male (mature) lion in person I have admired him and thought that I should get him. lol.

Your description is very accurate and he does have a lot of character! I don't know what the Papo looks like for comparison.

And congrats on your new addition!!! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Vivien, if you find some character in Schleich young lion, so it means that he is good for you! cat flower That's the most important! :)
But my honest opinion is that the Papo young lion represents better what it should be. The Schleich is older but dark manes are not natural in young lions as well as the pose is also not even we find it funny! Laughing The Papo is very well sculpted, without mane, that's the information correct, Very young lions do not have manes and when they are older but still young their manes are relatively short and lighter than old ones. :)
There's a lot of exceptions but the knowledge should start with what is natural! sunny study
Congrats for your friendly looking figure! flower
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:

Great pics,Christophe! cheers Thanks for the link. flower
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Izzy wrote:

Your description is very accurate and he does have a lot of character! I don't know what the Papo looks like for comparison.

And congrats on your new addition!!! :)

-Kristie
Thank you,Kristie! sunny
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:06 pm

Vivien, if you find some character in Schleich young lion, so it means that he is good for you! cat flower That's the most important! :)
But my honest opinion is that the Papo young lion represents better what it should be. The Schleich is older but dark manes are not natural in young lions as well as the pose is also not even we find it funny! Laughing The Papo is very well sculpted, without mane, that's the information correct, Very young lions do not have manes and when they are older but still young their manes are relatively short and lighter than old ones. :)
There's a lot of exceptions but the knowledge should start with what is natural! sunny study
Thank you Roger! flower flower I think I should get the Papo Young Lioness too then I have both,a funny AND a natural figure. Very Happy Wink
Back to top Go down
Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

...But without words he has exclusive pose! Wink Laughing Laughing

I totally agree,Sergey! cheers cheers That is exactly the reason why I've bought him. Wink
Back to top Go down
pipi6

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:18 pm

maybe that's why it is being retired and some one had already told them that
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:48 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
Thank you Roger! flower flower I think I should get the Papo Young Lioness too then I have both, a funny AND a natural figure. Very Happy Wink

cheers Vivien! i love that you appreciate the absurd!
you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures!
beautiful and accurate figures are a blessing, but the ridiculous ones that make you laugh are a double-blessing.
i have a friend who is somewhat perplexed by my sheep obsession, but when she comes over she likes to see the latest crazy sheep. the lovely figures are, well, lovely, but she's not really interested in sheep. the goofy ones, on the other hand, she loves to laugh over.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
Thank you Roger! flower flower I think I should get the Papo Young Lioness too then I have both, a funny AND a natural figure. Very Happy Wink

cheers Vivien! i love that you appreciate the absurd!
you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures-you will collect silly figures!
beautiful and accurate figures are a blessing, but the ridiculous ones that make you laugh are a double-blessing.
i have a friend who is somewhat perplexed by my sheep obsession, but when she comes over she likes to see the latest crazy sheep. the lovely figures are, well, lovely, but she's not really interested in sheep. the goofy ones, on the other hand, she loves to laugh over.
lol! lol! lol! Agree 100%!!I'm glad that I'm not the only one who collect "silly"figures,Carolynn. What a Face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kiryuha

Country/State : Kyiv, Ukraine

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:28 pm

This is the only male lion figure by Schleich that I like!

http://community.livejournal.com/animal_figures/
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:

Thank you Roger! flower flower I think I should get the Papo Young Lioness too then I have both,a funny AND a natural figure. Very Happy Wink

flower That's only my point of view! From yours, I think you have a figure with character and later you will see what Papo young lion means for you! cat

For example, I think the Schleich kudu is more accurate than the Papo kudu. But I love the Papo kudu, it is a pleasure to feel it in my hands and I'm some neutral with the Schleich! I have both! Are you geting my weird idea? flower Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?   Today at 9:49 am

Back to top Go down

Schleich Young Lion-what do you think?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1