Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:15 am

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
But when he knows how many of us would like to have them as said before here, he might change his mind... Laughing geek

Laughing
Do you know the old story about the Inuit, who cut some fabulous figurines out of bone ?
A businessman and his wife saw them, and the wife bought one for 10 dollars.
The husband saw great business there, and asked what the price would be, if he ordered 100, expecting to get a rebate.
But the Inuit thought about it and said, - if you want 100 I must have 50 dollars each !

But why Shocked The businessman said, I must get them cheaper if I buy so many !

No, no, the Inuit ansvered, - if I have to make 100 it will be work, and very booring, so I must have a lot more for them Wink

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Maybe if he makes moulds... Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 pm

Balti: The problem is, that making moulds is a very expensive business, in any trade...
not even talking about the research before that...
But i agree totally with you!

Susanne: Now that was a clever Inuit-man, maybe he could have made moulds indeed, from sealskin or so, haha... geek
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:48 pm

W,
I'm not familiar with the mold making process. Even though it may be difficult(As you said), if one really wanted to make some money, and if you have a nice product that collectors will buy, it could be very rewarding financially!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Yes, that is true, but the collectors are not the main market as you know, that is still children... Laughing
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 am

Correct W, so have a person/company CATER to collectors! Why can't someone do that?
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am

@baltimore zoo wrote:
Correct W, so have a person/company CATER to collectors! Why can't someone do that?
Things are so expensive these days, you would have to have a good amount of money to set something like this up.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 pm

I still go back to the Hasbro Star Wars figures/vehicles/play sets. Intended for kids, but adults really collect them.
So they cater to kids, but they know the adult collector fan base is huge(That's why they charge more for the vehicles and play sets. Figures are reasonably priced), and thats where they will make their money!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:38 pm

We always enjoyed the mass produced figures! As the years are going our levels of exigence are growing but I'll continue with my mass produced figures and seeing that some brands are in the right way. and as always as I can and want to pay more to have a higher quality I know where to find it! flower flower
Back to top Go down
andregustavo

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:07 am

...i got no words to tell you how much amazing is your work.. FANTASTIC!

I lije so much the lion, siberian tiger and mainly the jaguar (the BEST jaguar replica i've seen). I'm from Brazil and the jaguar is great national symbol here. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

André
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 am

El tigro Andre, el tigro! Wink cat
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:17 am

Every time I see those big cat figures, my heart goes pitter pat! Since my love for big cats runs deep, it would truly be a dream come true to own them!
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Glad someone brought this thread up again, since I seemed to have missed it while I was gone. These big cats are amazing. I would love to have some. Maybe he can work with Mojo and these cats be part of their 2013 or 2014 line. I know Anna worked with them making the gorgeous horses. With her work and these beautiful cats that would put Mojo extremely high on the collector's wish lists.
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:09 pm

That's a good idea Amy, unfortunately the artist isn't on the forum Crying or Very sad

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 am

It doesn't matter how late you came in Amy, the artist doesn't seem to make more, and left us drooling around here.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 am

Despite the fact they're gorgeous, one can't expect someone making 20 of them with such a detiled paintwork as a mass product.
Toooooooo sad. i still need them Wink
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:32 pm

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
It doesn't matter how late you came in Amy, the artist doesn't seem to make more, and left us drooling around here.... Crying or Very sad

Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:47 am

Well Philipp, Ana, Harriet and Joan can, so why this person not? Rolling Eyes

What do you mean by these sleepy emoticons Ken? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 am

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

What do you mean by these sleepy emoticons Ken? Rolling Eyes

Waited this for too long!! Sleep
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:50 am

Ah ok, i understand, yes we all are! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:03 am

DROOLING! Let me tell you, I'm drooling like a St. Bernard on a summer day in Las Vegas for those figures!
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:11 am

@baltimore zoo wrote:
DROOLING! Let me tell you, I'm drooling like a St. Bernard on a summer day in Las Vegas for those figures!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ken yeo

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:14 am

@SUSANNE wrote:
@baltimore zoo wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Laughing Laughing a bit too long in queue!!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:35 am

We do have lots of tissues Balti! cheers
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:26 am

Your gonna need more than tissues, you need a wet vac! I love those big cat figures !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Today at 6:57 am

Back to top Go down

Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next