Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The STS 2017 Logo contest is already open HERE Very Happy

Share | 

Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:33 am

@skysthelimit wrote:
@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Well, it would be nice to contact him, and he could make them only for us maybe, in a smaller production.
They would be more exclusive to! Wink
Looks like 20-30 peaces of each animal would do. Very Happy

Shocked cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:41 pm

@ken yeo wrote:
@skysthelimit wrote:
@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Well, it would be nice to contact him, and he could make them only for us maybe, in a smaller production.
They would be more exclusive to! Wink
Looks like 20-30 peaces of each animal would do. Very Happy

Good ideas!!

... Wink cheers And how much money for each model? Wink

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:28 am

My 3 favourites are the Caspian-, Siberian tiger, and the Jaguar! cheers
These 3 resamble their species very good in my eyes!
It is sad enough, that the Romans were mainly responsable for the extinction of the Caspian tiger and Barbary lion, as they used these sub-species mainly in their arena's, as they were the closest by to get... Shocked
The closest living sub-species of the Caspian tiger is strangely enough the Siberian tiger, which says something about their heritage and their living areas before.
It is thought to be a sub-species of the Siberian tiger...
When i am not wrong, the next 2 pictures were used as example to make this Caspian tiger, as they are the only 2 pictures i know from this sub-species.
They were taken in the Berlin Zoo in 1899!
Typical for this sub-species were the "beards" around his head, the long hair on their belly, and the hight was smaller as the closest living Bengal tiger, which is the biggest sub-species after the Siberian.
Long furr was obvious, as they lived in area's with mountains in the East of Turkey and in Iran up to Afghanistan and pakistan.
They had quit fine striping patterns to.

Shortly ago scientist discovered that the South-Malayan tiger is a different species, because its mitrochondrial DNA is very different from the other tiger species living more north, which shows even more on its sub-species the Sumatran and Java tiger(which has the Balinese as a sub-species again) on the shape of the scull.
Back to top Go down
Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:34 am

@PeGe wrote:
which ocelot? the clouded leopard?
My bad, yes the clouded leopard, although I wold love an ocelot and wish some artists would make a good model of one.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:04 am

Looking at the figures again(And again, since you know I LOVE big cats), they truly are masterpieces!
Back to top Go down
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:51 pm

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
My 3 favourites are the Caspian-, Siberian tiger, and the Jaguar! cheers
These 3 resamble their species very good in my eyes!
It is sad enough, that the Romans were mainly responsable for the extinction of the Caspian tiger and Barbary lion, as they used these sub-species mainly in their arena's, as they were the closest by to get... Shocked
The closest living sub-species of the Caspian tiger is strangely enough the Siberian tiger, which says something about their heritage and their living areas before.
It is thought to be a sub-species of the Siberian tiger...
When i am not wrong, the next 2 pictures were used as example to make this Caspian tiger, as they are the only 2 pictures i know from this sub-species.
They were taken in the Berlin Zoo in 1899!
Typical for this sub-species were the "beards" around his head, the long hair on their belly, and the hight was smaller as the closest living Bengal tiger, which is the biggest sub-species after the Siberian.
Long furr was obvious, as they lived in area's with mountains in the East of Turkey and in Iran up to Afghanistan and pakistan.
They had quit fine striping patterns to.

Shortly ago scientist discovered that the South-Malayan tiger is a different species, because its mitrochondrial DNA is very different from the other tiger species living more north, which shows even more on its sub-species the Sumatran and Java tiger(which has the Balinese as a sub-species again) on the shape of the scull.

Those two famous pictures are a little modified, a kind of "early photoshop".
There are many, many more pictures of caspian tigers, even of the last known captive specimen at hagenbeck. And also hunted specimens. But also living ones, e.g. kept at antwerp zoo.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:06 am

I agree on the work on these pics Philipp, i saw that to.
I always thought this was the last living Caspian tiger alive, so i never saw those other pics, i have to look for them then! Cool
I didn't research for tigers for a long time, which i didn't immediatly now! Very Happy
I saw all the pictures now, and since the last DNA researches is everthing much clearer to me now again, although the scientists are not clear about the Southern tigers completely.

But ok, only one letter in the genes of Caspian tigers are differently from the Siberian-/Amurtiger, and the gouvernment of Kazachstan is seriously thinking about bringing back those type of tigers in the area where it lived before.
It is thought that the populations of the Siberian and Caspian tiger only quit recently were seperated from eachother, something like 100 years or so, which seems logical when you look at the only minorly different genes between these 2 sub-forms.
But the Caspian tiger still had its typical marks like the long hair around the relatively short head, and the long hair on its quit white belly anyway...

I was already telling about 2 years, that the South-Malayan tiger(Panthere tigris jacksoni) seemed to be a seperate species(it was even in the news around here), but scientist are not sure yet now, because its genes are almost the same as the Indo-China tiger(Panthera tigris corbetti), so that is not cleared yet.
It makes it not clearer when people call the species different names, like Corbetti-tiger, Indo-China tiger, or South Malayan tiger, as these names get mixed up sometimes...
And they said about 2 years ago, that the Indonesian tigers decended from them, which could be true, but as the facts are lying now, they are no sub-species of the jacksoni or corbetti, but seperate species on their own.
So these populations must have seperated a long time ago, otherwise the genes wouldn't be so different.
What is sure now, is that the Sumatran tiger is a different species, so no longer should be called Panthera tigris sumatrae, but without the tigris, so Panthera sumatrae.
Same for the extinct Javan tiger, which is no longer Panthera tigris sondaica, but Panthera sondaica.
The also extinct smallest tiger from Bali seemed to be a sub-species of the last one, and should be calles Panthera sondaica balica now.
So now everybody is on the edge of the latest news again, and me to, as this is very important stuff for me to know! farao study

Sightings of all of these tigers are still reported, but in most cases they will be wish-to-be-true stories or fiction, but OMG, i wish they were true, as for so many other extinct animals, like the Tasmanian tiger, which is a marsupial of course, and more dog-looking then it has to do with any cat-like creature. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:31 am

Oh God, these model cats are the best models being sculpted I have even seen. Kudos to the man behind this masterpiece.

I am also open to the opinion that this maker behind this wonderful figures sells his prototype to any of these companies particularly the CollectA and Mojo Fun to make a mass production for every single collectors.

Like the way Schleich did before with the six horses sculpted by Mr Ingo Koblischek. Something like a special kinda series to give credits to the great person/s behind the making of these masterpieces.

Mass production is cheaper and more affordable and much easier for all of us to get.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:51 am

What is beeing told, is that this person tried to get commercial, but failed one or the other way... Rolling Eyes
That is a real shame with such high quality models, isn't it? Rolling Eyes Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:19 am

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
What is beeing told, is that this person tried to get commercial, but failed one or the other way... Rolling Eyes
That is a real shame with such high quality models, isn't it? Rolling Eyes Shocked

Maybe can try some other companies? I believe these great figures should be produced in many for the mankind to see its beauty!
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Great animals1 I love their poses- so real.
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:50 pm

It's so long since i wrote something like:
"hey unknown talented chinese sculptor, we're totally mad about your big cats and we all need some!
Merry Christmas." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:21 am

Yeah, exactly! cheers
We want them, we want them, we want them!!! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
Back to top Go down
Deseo

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:20 am

WOW Shocked The sculptor is very talented indeed! I just love them, they are so lively and what colors they have! Wonderful models cheers Very Happy

And the German Shepherd I love you drunken
Back to top Go down
http://deseo.suntuubi.com/
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:01 pm

I keep on thinking about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:09 am

Me to, i really want hem for my collection(if the price is right of course...) Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harry

Country/State : China

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:44 am

@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yeah, exactly! cheers
We want them, we want them, we want them!!! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
This sculptor is a teacher from design department of one Chinese university.
I've already contacted with him, and told him how interested we are in his works. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:51 am

@Harry wrote:
@WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yeah, exactly! cheers
This sculptor is a teacher from design department of one Chinese university.
I've already contacted with him, and told him how interested we are in his works. Laughing

monkey cheers

Harry

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:55 am

I nearly forget that I've just received several new pictures from this sculptor.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:03 am

Aaaargh geek

You will kill us with such pics Harry What a Face

Fantastic job cheers

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 am

Beautiful cheers

Harry

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:24 am

@Kikimalou wrote:
Aaaargh geek

Fantastic job cheers

That's not my fault. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Let me try to ask him whether it is possible for him to sell his figurines to us.
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:27 am

@Harry wrote:
@Kikimalou wrote:
Aaaargh geek

Fantastic job cheers

That's not my fault. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Let me try to ask him whether it is possible for him to sell his figurines to us.

Please! Please! Harry!

求知不得!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:25 am

The jag and the anaconda are AMAZING! He's got to produce these!
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:11 am

Oh, they are so beautiful Harry, thank you for posting these photos!! cheers
I would love to have one of his big cats too, they are exquisite! I'm really impressed by his gorgeous paintwork, it's magnificent.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan   Today at 4:59 am

Back to top Go down

Custom figures of tiger, lion, etc. made by a Chinese fan
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next