Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Sealife fans wishes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K907



Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 28
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:53 am

I don't know if this place is right for this part of the forum but I just want to post this. For sea animal fans what do you guys want to see? I pretty much prefer Safari Ltd to do the figures, I don't know why but they just look more realistic but Collecta comes in second and Papo for third ( I don't know about Mojo, they're okay but looking at their sea life figures look a bit toyish for me, even though I like toyish figures at the same time lol. Their orca whale is good but their great white looks like a Papo reject/prototype but still nice ). I like to see these guys in a good scale to see all the details.


Marine mammals/Prehistoric/Extinct mammals:


Male Orca Whale
Bowhead Whale
Blue Whale
Right Whale
Common Dolphin
Commerson's Dolphin
Amazon River Dolphin
Dall's Porpoise
Harbour Porpoise
Hooded Seal
Basilosaurus
Stellar Sea Cow


Sharks/Fish:


Megamouth Shark
Basking Shark (A bigger scale unlike the Wild Safari. I find it funny the Wild Safari Whale Shark is a lot bigger than the Basking Shark).
Frilled Shark
Dolphin fish (Mahi Mahi)
Bluefin Tuna
Yellowfin Tuna
Barracuda
OARFISH (This is something I will push Safari Ltd to do! I keep insisting to do this figure either for Incredible Creatures or the Monterey Bay Aquarium Collection).
Mola Mola
King Salmon


I still have more but to lazy list. You guys?
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28223

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 am

That is a LOT of pictures to ask for Wink
Perhaps somebody has them on a homesite for you to see scratch
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:21 pm

I really don't think we'll get many replies as I don't think alot of people collect sealife figures. But here are mine:



Marine Mammals (both living and extinct
Male orca (sorry I haven't seen one that impresses me yet, besides Mojo's)
False killer whale
Dwarf sperm whale
North Pacific right whale
Striped dolphin
Commerson's dolphin
Atlantic spotted dolphin
Harbor porpoise
Dall's porpoise
Baiji
Boto
Japanese sea lion (became extinct in the 1970s)
Caribbean Monk seal (officially extinct in 2008)
Caspian seal
Baikal seal (if you can really say they are "marine")


Fish, Sharks, Rays (both living and extinct)
Knifetooth dogfish
Sand devil
Horn shark
Zebra bullhead shark
Nurse shark
Ornate wobbegong
Pelagic thresher
Salmon shark
Bowmouth guitarfish
Black banded cat shark
Squalicorax (AKA "crow shark")
Sarcoprion



This is all I can really think of right now.
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23583

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I really don't think we'll get many replies as I don't think alot of people collect sealife figures. But here are mine:



Marine Mammals (both living and extinct
Male orca (sorry I haven't seen one that impresses me yet, besides Mojo's)
False killer whale
Dwarf sperm whale
North Pacific right whale
Striped dolphin
Commerson's dolphin
Atlantic spotted dolphin
Harbor porpoise
Dall's porpoise
Baiji
Boto
Japanese sea lion (became extinct in the 1970s)
Caribbean Monk seal (officially extinct in 2008)
Caspian seal
Baikal seal (if you can really say they are "marine")


Fish, Sharks, Rays (both living and extinct)
Knifetooth dogfish
Sand devil
Horn shark
Zebra bullhead shark
Nurse shark
Ornate wobbegong
Pelagic thresher
Salmon shark
Bowmouth guitarfish
Black banded cat shark
Squalicorax (AKA "crow shark")
Sarcoprion



This is all I can really think of right now.


Have you pics?? And more background informations (brands)? Please!! bounce bounce

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I really don't think we'll get many replies as I don't think alot of people collect sealife figures. But here are mine:



Marine Mammals (both living and extinct
Male orca (sorry I haven't seen one that impresses me yet, besides Mojo's)
False killer whale
Dwarf sperm whale
North Pacific right whale
Striped dolphin
Commerson's dolphin
Atlantic spotted dolphin
Harbor porpoise
Dall's porpoise
Baiji
Boto
Japanese sea lion (became extinct in the 1970s)
Caribbean Monk seal (officially extinct in 2008)
Caspian seal
Baikal seal (if you can really say they are "marine")


Fish, Sharks, Rays (both living and extinct)
Knifetooth dogfish
Sand devil
Horn shark
Zebra bullhead shark
Nurse shark
Ornate wobbegong
Pelagic thresher
Salmon shark
Bowmouth guitarfish
Black banded cat shark
Squalicorax (AKA "crow shark")
Sarcoprion



This is all I can really think of right now.


Have you pics?? And more background informations (brands)? Please!! bounce bounce

Pictures or all of some of them? It does not matter who makes them, but I really don't see Schleich ever making anything like what I've listed, they seem to be only producing "popular" animals.
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23583

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I really don't think we'll get many replies as I don't think alot of people collect sealife figures. But here are mine:



Marine Mammals (both living and extinct
Male orca (sorry I haven't seen one that impresses me yet, besides Mojo's)
False killer whale
Dwarf sperm whale
North Pacific right whale
Striped dolphin
Commerson's dolphin
Atlantic spotted dolphin
Harbor porpoise
Dall's porpoise
Baiji
Boto
Japanese sea lion (became extinct in the 1970s)
Caribbean Monk seal (officially extinct in 2008)
Caspian seal
Baikal seal (if you can really say they are "marine")


Fish, Sharks, Rays (both living and extinct)
Knifetooth dogfish
Sand devil
Horn shark
Zebra bullhead shark
Nurse shark
Ornate wobbegong
Pelagic thresher
Salmon shark
Bowmouth guitarfish
Black banded cat shark
Squalicorax (AKA "crow shark")
Sarcoprion





Have you pics?? And more background informations (brands)? Please!! bounce bounce

Pictures or all of some of them? It does not matter who makes them, but I really don't see Schleich ever making anything like what I've listed, they seem to be only producing "popular" animals.

This is all I can really think of right now.

It is ok one picture of all. The brand is also not important for me, i collect the species. And so your collection sounds very very interesting. And the brands and sizes/scales i will know, that i can hunt the animals in your collection, which my zoo needs. lol! lol!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28223

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:38 pm

Yes, yes !
I would also LOVE to see (a) picture(s) bounce bounce cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 pm

For some odd reason, my replies keep getting lost when I hit the "Preview" button scratch Anyway, here are the marine mammls:


Male orca
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Striped dolphin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

False killer whale (at a Japanese aquarium) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Commerson's dolphin (at SeaWorld's Aquatica park, I believe Duisburg Zoo also had one) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Harbour porpoise:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Atlantic spotted dolphin:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dall's porpoise:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baiji (or Yangtze River Dolphin) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Boto (or Amazon River Dolphin) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

North Pacific right whale (I don't see much of a difference between species) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Dwarf sperm whale:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Japanese sea lion (I doubt any actual photos exist, as they've been extinct since 1950) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Caribbean Monk seal:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baikal seal (world's only fresh water seal) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Caspian seal:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sergey



Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia
Age : 50
Joined : 2010-09-22
Posts : 2786

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:39 pm

...The very nice Top friend! Wink In my dream big Blue and Right Whales (in Schleich scale 1:32) cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Sharks and rays

Black banded cat shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pelagic thesher shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bowmouth guitarfish:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Squalicorax:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ornate wobbegong:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sarcorpion:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Zebra bullhead shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Knifetooth dogfish:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sand devil shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nurse shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Horn shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Salmon shark:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


I apologize for the very large sizes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28223

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:15 pm

Gorgeous pictures, WOW Shocked

There are lots of them that I have never seen before , - beautyful animals !!!!!!
It is great to have you here to tell about sealife Very Happy

Thankyou very much for showing flower sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Gorgeous pictures, WOW Shocked

There are lots of them that I have never seen before , - beautyful animals !!!!!!
It is great to have you here to tell about sealife Very Happy

Thankyou very much for showing flower sunny

You're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23583

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:28 pm

Really nice pics!!!

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 15196

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Orcagirl and K907, I reduced a bit the size of the pics Wink I hope it's not a problem monkey

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Orcagirl and K907, I reduced a bit the size of the pics Wink I hope it's not a problem monkey

Thank you! No it's not a problem :)
Back to top Go down
smithyboy



Country/State : Australia
Age : 20
Joined : 2011-08-01
Posts : 362

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:53 am

Thanks for the pics, I'm not really a sealife person but if these animals did come out I would certainly get them. cheers

_________________
Kade
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28223

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 am

Thankyou Christophe ! flower
Now it is much easier to see all the beautyful and strange and rare creatures.

Fantastic, Orcagirl cheers
And I don`t mind repeating myself Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
orcagirl26



Country/State : United States
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Fantastic, Orcagirl cheers
And I don`t mind repeating myself Very Happy


Thank you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Sealife fans wishes   Today at 9:28 am

Back to top Go down
 
Sealife fans wishes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Christmas Wishes & Holiday.
» HAPPY BIRTHDAY Wishes thread
» For the Warhammer Fans:)
» Things that Sailor Moon Fans never say
» Birthday wishes for you, Prairie Dweller!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: