Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Satchmo with signature on the right side

Go down 
+5
widukind
SyLoBe
ken yeo
SUSANNE
schmidtchenschleich
9 posters
AuthorMessage
schmidtchenschleich

Country/State : Germany NRW

Satchmo with signature on the right side Empty
PostSubject: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 am

Oh what i`m stupid.
For a few days i sold a Satchmo on ebay to Slowakei.
Yesterday the buyer send me this Photo of the Satchmo.
The signature is on the right side.
A very spezial one and i sold it Crying or Very sad
I didn`t take a look on it when is send it to the customer.
When i have seen it, i had let him at me collection.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

Ohhh, darned ! Suspect
I am so sorry for you . Poor, Peter Sad

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:47 pm

On my god! Take it easy Peter!!

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 2:42 pm

I don`t take me a tie, but it is aggravating.
Until this photo i don`t now that there could be a satchmo with a signature on the right.
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:21 pm

OMG how disgusting! Sad

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Thats life. Sad Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:29 pm

So a Satchmo signed on the wrong side is very special and valuable, but a 13401 farmwife with an arm on backward is not? Seems to be a certain logical inconsistency here! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:46 pm

schleich61 wrote:
So a Satchmo signed on the wrong side is very special and valuable, but a 13401 farmwife with an arm on backward is not? Seems to be a certain logical inconsistency here! Wink

Sounds like a case of "rare but not valuable because no one wants it."
You see that a lot in Breyers. A friend of mine got a genuine article, one of a kind factory test piece dating to the 1960s or 70s for a very reasonable price because it was a Family Arab mold and "no one" likes the Family Arabs. Score! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:07 am

I have offered the customer to take the horse back and send him a new one ore give the money back.
I think a good seller takes it so. But he is vey glad with the horse.

The seller who has sold a wrong farmers wife sayed only not my Problem and so the figurine has to sold for less money on ebay. That is the difference and not a certain logical inconsistency. A figurine with two left arms ist like a horse with a broken leg. I don`t want to have it. But an original signature on the wrong side could be very intersting.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:58 am

schmidtchenschleich wrote:
I have offered the customer to take the horse back and send him a new one ore give the money back.
I think a good seller takes it so. But he is vey glad with the horse.

The seller who has sold a wrong farmers wife sayed only not my Problem and so the figurine has to sold for less money on ebay. That is the difference and not a certain logical inconsistency. A figurine with two left arms ist like a horse with a broken leg. I don`t want to have it. But an original signature on the wrong side could be very intersting.

What this really demonstrates is how utterly subjective the evaluation of what the word "defective" means. It can sometimes be twisted any which way by a person based on self-interest.

The farmwife auction contained a photo which clearly showed two left arms and it also specified "no returns." If the auction winner missed that fact in the photo, it is the fault of that person, not the seller. Otherwise, what would be the point of including a photo of the item to be auctioned with the auction? Sometimes, people try to blame others for their own mistakes.

I would further note that many of the rarest coins and stamps (based on auction prices) are misstrikes or misprints.
Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:24 am

I think, this OFF TOPIC is only your own individually truth and is boring the other readers to death.

I wish you all a contemplative 3. Advent.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 am

Hmmm scratch
I think it is a very interesting subject, - what is a fault and what is a collector`s item ?

But some buyers surely are very silly.
I have a friend in Germany who got a negative rating, because the seller, who bought an ordinary Schleich figure, thought " it was smaller than she expected" geek geek What a Face
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:16 am

I think, this OFF TOPIC is only your own individually truth and is boring the other readers to death.

I wish you all a contemplative 3. Advent.

Blah, blah, blah..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:19 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Hmmm scratch
I think it is a very interesting subject, - what is a fault and what is a collector`s item ?

But some buyers surely are very silly.
I have a friend in Germany who got a negative rating, because the seller, who bought an ordinary Schleich figure, thought " it was smaller than she expected" geek geek What a Face

Smaller than expected? That's terrible, Susanne, but there are people like that, unfortunately. Sometimes such misunderstandings occur when one party knows little, or even nothing, about Schleich figurines. This person you referenced who gave the negative rating sounds like one of them.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Yes, it takes all sorts, doesn`t it Rolling Eyes

My friend was really mad, she had gained 100 % positive over several years, - and then this geek kicked her down on 99,9% Suspect

Back to top Go down
schmidtchenschleich

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:10 pm

In such cases i offered, that the customer could send the figurine back und that he could become a fully refund.
Then there is no reason to write an negative feedback.

Back to top Go down
ida

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Genrally there is no reason, but that doesn't help if they leaf the negativ feedback first.

Das Bessere ist der Feind des Guten! - The better is the enemy of the good!

Schaut doch auch mal auf unsere Homepage: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now on Facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
http://www.tiewe.de
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 11:25 pm

In such cases i offered, that the customer could send the figurine back und that he could become a fully refund.
Then there is no reason to write an negative feedback.

Yes, I think that is a reasonable policy, but I must disagree with your assertion that there would then be NO reason to give negative feedback. After all, what about a situation where someone knowingly sells someone else a very expensive fake claiming that it is real? And then, maybe, doesn't reimburse the buyer for the return shipping costs? If such a transaction occurred through eBay, I think the buyer would then certainly be justified in leaving negative feedback, if only to warn other potential customers about doing business with such a seller.

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:38 am

I think, i saw this discussion before, and i think i know which seller in particular was ment in this case... Rolling Eyes
Anyway, what is special, it is in the eyes of the beholder, or otherwise we must collect a model, when the painting of the eye is slightly different or so, not another colour like in the Schleich past, but just a little bit different.
I can see Peters point with this signature, but IMHO it is not a very important variation to.
A good faker could make hundreds of this signatures on the Satchmo horses, even under its belly or so...
This signature of rider is not very hard to copy... Rolling Eyes

I stopped buying to much variations, only when the differences are really good to see.
I know collectors, who are buying the same models, only because the new writing is under the models that are longer in production... Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:37 am

I think the signature on the other side is good to see and all my horses are direct from modellpferdeversand.de.
So the signature is true.

But in german we say: Don`t cry about burried milk. lol!
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:32 pm

I think the signature on the other side is good to see and all my horses are direct from modellpferdeversand.de.
So the signature is true.

But in german we say: Don`t cry about burried milk. lol!

And in American, we say: "Check yo'self 'fore ya wreck yo'self..." Wink
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 3:01 am

Oh, i didn't doubt if it was a real model, so no fake or so.
But i only mentioned the fact, that it would be easy to copy this signature and make as many of those copies as you want, if you have enough Satchmo's lying around... Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Satchmo with signature on the right side   Satchmo with signature on the right side Empty

Back to top Go down

Satchmo with signature on the right side
Page 1 of 1