Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Please vote for Show Us Yours of October! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 

Christmas came early...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:35 pm

I've been in a bad mood lately, so I decided to cheer myself up by doing some shopping. Not the thing to do this time of year, really - but I very much doubt anyone's going to give me models for christmas anyway, and, well, when something comes up for sale you've got to take the plunge.
The Breyer bulls you've already seen, but in addition I got 3 Wild Republic tubes from TGF. The tropical tube is simply spectacular - especially the birds are among the best I've seen (barring the painting). The manatees, shark, bottlenose dolphin, and alligator are very nice too.
Unfortunately I ran out of daylight and batteries, so I had to throw several types of models together in one shot - here we have the K&M flamingo, egret (love it!), pelican, and heron from the river tube. The storks are both Bullyland, two different generations, and of course the stark raving gorgeous cormorant is Kaiyodo.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've gotten very fond of sandspielfiguren.de - they have some models that are very hard to find otherwise, and they ship fast. I splurged on three Elastolin birds, just to see what they were like, and I'm not disappointed. Boy are they small, though!
I also got a few cheapo Nayab birds, and the shop very kindly threw in a gift bag with three more.
The S&N kookaburra came from TGF, but didn't feel quite at home in any of the other photos... Laughing

Finally... Have you noticed that the Kinder eggs have models from the movie Rio in them? (If you haven't seen it, I can recommend it - it's a lot of fun.) They're really quite good - the birds are cartoony, but ultimately quite correct. And the protagonists are Spix macaws, a rare and basically extinct species, which is always nice for us wildlife geeks.

And as if that wasn't enough... I went out today to buy dinner and toilet paper, and decided to stop by the secondhand bookshop that's hardly ever open. And what did I find? Why, all three volumes of Brehm's (1928 edition) for only NOK 200 (about 25ish euros)! True, they're ex library and show a bit of wear, especially the mammals volume, but they're still lovely and beautifully illustrated.
Back to top Go down
http://yakinasack.blogspot.com/
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Congratulation!!! cheers cheers I love and need the egret and the cormorant!!! Great find!! Can you tell me a little bit more about this 2 birds? scratch

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:15 pm

WOW! You found Brehm`s books Shocked bounce bounce cheers
The original ones from 1928 Shocked affraid

Golly, I would love to have a look Very Happy
My grandad had them, he died when I was in my early teens, so I didn`t get a chance to get them, and now they have probably been thrown away by some....person Sad

Ups, back to the models, - I LOVE ALL those birds Very Happy sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Wow beautiful additions! so many fantastic birds! I just love the egret too! cheers flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
jarda

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Congratulation!!! cheers cheers I love and need the egret and the cormorant!!! Great find!! Can you tell me a little bit more about this 2 birds? scratch

The cormorant is one nice Kaiyodo puzzle (Takara No 145). If anybody interested, please PM.
Back to top Go down
landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:13 pm

:) :)

Congratulations,beautiful additions

What K&M tube has this Very nice egret?
Back to top Go down
Cyhyraeth

Country/State : Russian Federation

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Funny Rio birds!)
I also have four of them, and they seem to be really nice)
Back to top Go down
http://y-cyhiraeth.deviantart.com/
Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:49 pm

great birds!

PostSubject: Re: Christmas came early...   Today at 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Christmas came early...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1