Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich repaint and christmas penguins

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
widukind
Ana
Arrakai
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

Schleich repaint and christmas penguins Empty
PostSubject: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:11 pm

I was selling some of my schleich dublettes on tradera, and three of the horses I was planning to sell was in very bad chape, so I decided to repaint them.

I have only tried repainting once befor, making a prewalski foal out of an camargue foal.
I was pretty pleased with the result, even if it cant compare to some of our amazing repainters here Rolling Eyes

The fallabella and the foal I sold, but the former frisian mare, now a golden buckskin, I like alot, so her I decided to keep for myself.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few weeks ago, my mum was having a booth at a christmas fair, and I made a bunch of christmas penguins for her to sell
They are, as you can see, a little more comic Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Great repaints Anna! And penguins are very very cute I love you You did great job for Your mum cheers And what a funny seal with the reindeer horns, I love it Laughing And penguin with a crown is very funny too cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Arrakai

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 pm

ana wrote:
Great repaints Anna! And penguins are very very cute I love you You did great job for Your mum cheers And what a funny seal with the reindeer horns, I love it Laughing And penguin with a crown is very funny too cheers

Thanx Very Happy

The penguin with the crown is accually a lucia, the two little ones behind it is also part of the Lucia procession, and they were sold as a set Wink
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:48 pm

Arrakai wrote:
ana wrote:

Thanx Very Happy

The penguin with the crown is accually a lucia, the two little ones behind it is also part of the Lucia procession, and they were sold as a set Wink

Ah, I see! First I thought it's King Razz We don't celebrate Santa Lucia day in Poland, but I have cousin in Sweden so I've heard about this day in Sweden. Isn't it today - 13th December? Very, very nice "Lucia penguin set" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 11:18 am

Cute!!! cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 12:29 pm

I LOVE your pengins bounce cheers

Beautyful repaints, too !

Ohh, I would love to try, but I am sure that I will just make a mess out of it, and the paint is too expensive for that, I think geek Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 4:05 pm

I like the repaint horses!!

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanx guys Very Happy

Ana; Yes it was yesterday. I myself doesnt realy celebrate it anymore, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of lucia prossesions al around sweden on the 13.th

Both in churches, schools, retirement homes, hospitals etc etc. It´s often realy nice to watch (and lisnten to) Very Happy

Susanne; You have to try befor you can say if you good at it or not Wink And the paint doesnt have to cost much. The paint I use are ordinary acryllic paint, and it cost me about 2euro a bottle, and one bottle last a very long time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:41 am

The penguins! Oh they are just gorgeous, sooooo cute - what a wonderful idea Anna. cheers I bet they sold like hot cakes bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:30 pm

the penguins are darling! i love the Lucia procession!

Arrakai

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 1:36 am

Thanx guys :)

Right now, I´m working on my christmas-gifts for my family. Of course, I havent learned my lesson, and once again I´m out in the last minute No

I have seven figurines to make, and so far I have finished four of them. Two to go, but then I have to make bases and last but definetly not least, paint all of them pale

I´m getting a little stressed out affraid

And it´s 1.30 a.m, and I start work tomorrow at 7.am Sleep (I´m gonna be a damn zombie tomorrow)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins EmptySat Dec 17, 2011 5:49 am

Arrakai wrote:
Thanx guys Very Happy

Ana; Yes it was yesterday. I myself doesnt realy celebrate it anymore, but there are hundreds, if not thousands of lucia prossesions al around sweden on the 13.th

Both in churches, schools, retirement homes, hospitals etc etc. It´s often realy nice to watch (and lisnten to) Very Happy

scratch I am confused...so everyone dresses up like penguins wearing antlers and carry gifts marching all over Sweden? drunken Rolling Eyes confused

Does sound like fun though bounce Laughing
I'll have to come for a visit sometime! Wink

santa ~ Sue

I bet you sold all your crafts at your mother's booth though. Very cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich repaint and christmas penguins   Schleich repaint and christmas penguins Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich repaint and christmas penguins
Page 1 of 1