Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1:12 scale Bongos

Go down 
+5
HKHollinstone
Yurumi
Kikimalou
Philter4
Berlinzoo954
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

Country/State : Miami, FL

1:12 scale Bongos Empty
PostSubject: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:05 am

I wanted to share some pics of two of the Bongos in my collection.
Since it seems to be one of the most popular ungulates that collectors like to see, and i have been asked many times by many different members to share some pictures of the custom 1:12 animal collection that i have been putting together for the last couple of years for the zoo diorama.

This will be the first time that i post any pictures of the animals in the forum, but it will not be the last, since section 1 of the zoo diorama is very close to being finished, and i will share many many pictures here in the forum.
For now, a couple of bongo antelopes.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Philter4

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 am

Wow Danny, those are fantastic! I love the poses and the figures are great. I love that big bamboo as well, very nice they will go great in the zoo, congratulations on the new additions.
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:23 am

Thank you Phil,

Not new additions since they have been already in the collection for a bit, but new every time i get them out since i keep most of the figures in storage as you know. The new species for the zoo should be here early next week, and it is a massive one, close to 10" inches long, don't reveal the the name since i already told you.

I wonder if anybody can guess what animal it is. around 6 or 7 " inches at the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:05 am

At last we can see some pics.

Wonderful bongos lucky Danny cheers And I agree with Phil, the bamboo are beautiful too.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:08 am

Berlinzoo954 wrote:

Thank you Phil,

Not new additions since they have been already in the collection for a bit, but new every time i get them out since i keep most of the figures in storage as you know. The new species for the zoo should be here early next week, and it is a massive one, close to 10" inches long, don't reveal the the name since i already told you.

I wonder if anybody can guess what animal it is. around 6 or 7 " inches at the shoulder.

Maybe a small bug like that ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:33 am

You are too good Kiki, how did you know?
A couple of bugs like that are making their way here.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:44 am

Very Happy what animal can be 2m at shoulder and 3meter long scratch

I hope you will do some pics when those huge citizens will reach you then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:52 am

I forget that you are not only a animal figures collector, but a fine Zoologist as well, see the rewards of working with 1:12 scale? some of this big citizens will have to be alone, like the Asian Elephant bull he will stay alone in the world.

I will take lots of pics and they will find their way here. After that there should be very soon another ungulate in the mail, this one will be a little more difficult to guess.
Similar in ways to the bongo, lovely coat, looks like it has sections of rugs hanging from him, and the female is very different than the male, and not as attractive or unique, that is why i'm getting only one male for now, care to guess?
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 7:59 am

Very nicely, immediately another two bongos...cheers... even if a little greater!
Very expressive models of wonderful animals! Thank you for sharing, BerlinZoo954.
BG
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 am

They are Beautiful Bongos Danny! Really gorgeous models and I love the Bamboo setting too, so realistic! Really looking forward to seeing the part of your zoo, that you've almost finished. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 am

Beautiful bongo models Danny! Thank You for showing them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Hi Danny, happy to see you back again after some time! Very Happy
The most fantastic bongo's i think, but who would expect otherwise from you and your sculptors?
Really great animals! cheers

I was to late for the guess, but i made a quick sum, to count up the inches and then that 12 times, which gave me the idea of the gaur immediatly too.
We would love to see those pics of course, as we want to see all the others too of course.

Keep up the good work Danny! king

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:10 pm

Hi Guys,
Thank you, i will keep on sharing pics of other animals.

Willy, i have been reading the forum from time to time, but time seems to have gone by very quickly, for the last month or so i have been doing a lot of work on the zoo, i think all in all over 10 000 little bricks and stones that i have layed already, i even developed blisters in my fingers from this, but soon at least the core of the Zoo Diorama will be finished.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Berlinzoo954: Beautiful and stunning pair of bongos. The bamboo background completes the perfection. On your soon to arrive ungulate, I am going to guess the nyala, Tragelaphus angasii. This species is noted for its dramatic sexual dimorphism. Paul
Back to top Go down
Berlinzoo954

Berlinzoo954

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:48 pm

You got it Paul, that was briliant, i will share pics as soon as he is here.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Nice to see you Danny!
Of course we would love to see the pics of the nyala's!

And welcome to the forum Paul!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:11 pm

reddogantiques wrote:
Berlinzoo954: Beautiful and stunning pair of bongos. The bamboo background completes the perfection. On your soon to arrive ungulate, I am going to guess the nyala, Tragelaphus angasii. This species is noted for its dramatic sexual dimorphism. Paul
Welcome to the Forum Paul!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 5:49 pm

I can't wait to the the whole diorama!It is one of my biggest wishes to see it!
You have some of the best details in the world! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Gast

PostSubject: bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:16 pm

Berlinzoo954: When you said that the male sometomes looks as if he is covered in rug remnants, it had to be the gorgeous nyala. I'll never forget a wonderful NATURE episode on TV that showed this southern African species. I think that the show was shot at Krueger N.P during the dry season. These shy woodland antelope were forced to come out in the open to reach water. Some of the males were so shaggy that they reminded me of sheep needing to be shorn. I have to ask you a question, please. The kudus that are in your photo by your name/sign in information...are those also the work of your sculptor?

HK and Willy...Thank You for your kind welcome.

on Bongos....When I get a chance, I'll post a pic of my Louis Paul Jonas 1:10 scale example. You won't believe this figure..unlike anything you've ever seen. Most Sincerely, Paul
Back to top Go down
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Beautiful bongos. Thanks for sharing. We all are excited to see your zoo diorama.
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 am

@Berlinzoo954:
I know how big the bongos are on a scale of 1:12, but could you for a better visual comparison of the models show with a figure of Schleich?
Much thanks.

Yes and I am also very curious about your diorama. It is an incredible project, in which they work, absolute respect! Very Happy
BG
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 12:39 pm

Bienvenidos Paul!
We would love to see your Louis Paul Jonas bongo of course!
We all love bongo's, and it is one of the most sought after and wanted models in this collectors world, and suddenly we do have many of them, although not available for everyone... Crying or Very sad

PostSubject: Re: 1:12 scale Bongos   1:12 scale Bongos Empty

Back to top Go down

1:12 scale Bongos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Customs and Homemade models :: Homemade models-
Jump to: