Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa

Go down 
+9
SyLoBe
Mastiffcat
Ana
Roger
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
Sumo
Silver Unicornis
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Empty
PostSubject: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:45 pm

I was asked to present to you next horse.
So, here they are, two lovely Appaloosas, black near-leopard and chestnut snowcap :)

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Appalo10
Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Appalo11

Appaloosa is a breed of quite diversified conformation. Modern type developed after the addition of Quarter Horse and Arabian bloodlines - so it can be called a stock horse type, but not as muscled as QH.
Appaloosa patterns are often connected with sparse hair in mane and tail, but many current breeders try to eliminate this feature.

These models show nicely some characteristics of appaloosa patterns - striped hooves and white sclera. They only lack of mottled skin (black in pink spots or vice versa) on muzzle, round eyes, and genitals. But generally they are terrific, I can't wait to get one Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:20 pm

I like him, though I see a couple leg issues. It looks like someone did a quick fix on the right and changed the position on the lower leg without taking time to fix the upper part? Still, that looks easily fixable, and they may get it straightened out by the time it's in regular production.
Overall, though, he looks great! Very Happy Reminds me of the Breyer SHS, a proper old-fashioned stock type. And I love that he's got his head up and has a normal length tail!
(I hate the modern WP look with a vengeance... it looks uncomfortable in real life, and makes models look like zombies.)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 pm

They are very nice horses, and as Magda writes, they have several of the typical Appaloosa-features.

Look here, my little Spotty whith his funny, thin tail Laughing

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Prikskridtll

Just compare to the tail of Albina to the right Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

A new great year for our horse-collectors!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Sumo wrote:
(I hate the modern WP look with a vengeance... it looks uncomfortable in real life, and makes models look like zombies.)
Yeah, me too. I can't imagine how one can ride a horse which carries its head so low, especially in some kind of Hunter Shows:
Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Hunter-under-saddle2
I once rode a horse (draft cross) which had an annoying habit of trotting with its head really low - that was awfully annoying, and I felt really insecure.

Lovely herd, Susanne I love you What breed is Spotty?

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Lovely, thanks for posting Magda cheers
Are these sculpted by Anna?

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Are these sculpted by Anna?
I suppose so :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Thanks Magda for posting one more wonderful figure from Ana's hands! flower
Spotty is Danish, maybe a Knabstrupper? geek Ahahah, I love Albina's tail! Wink albino
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 8:46 pm

Awww, he's adorable! Chubby ponies are awesome - and with spots! Does it get any better?

Roger wrote:
Thanks Magda for posting one more wonderful figure from Ana's hands! flower
Spotty is Danish, maybe a Knabstrupper? geek Ahahah, I love Albina's tail! Wink albino
There is a pony type Knabi (and a driving type, and a baroque one, and of course the more popular sport type cyclops ), so I suppose he might be one.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks friends, yes, Roger is right, Spotty is a miniature Knabstrupper Very Happy

Spotty does have a pedigree, and when he was 2 years old he got a limited approval as a stud horse, - but unfortunately he developed this sort of problem with his one hind leg, it "locks" sometimes. So now he is a gelding Sad
Btw, the problem with the hind legs proves that they have used Shetlands to make the miniatures.

scratch But it seems he has not discovered it yet, even if it is almost 10 years since he had the operation Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:50 pm

Thank You so much Magda for showing Appaloosa figure here Very Happy Wink
And also thank You for comments Sumo, Susanne, Harriet and Roger Very Happy flower
Harriet, yes it is my work Wink
Susanne, Your Spotty is very cute, and all Your horses cheers Thank You so much for showing this photo sunny

Here is Mojo Appaloosa in my color version (gift for my mum) Wink

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Appleo10
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:39 pm

Anna, yours is of course the prettiest! what a lovely pattern
I'm glad they don't try to do the appy mottling, because it's so hard to do well that with a mass-produced paint job it would probably be terrible.

Sumo wrote:
totally agree!
we call them "peanut pushers" because they look like they're rolling peanuts with their noses.

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

I agree, Anna's version is the best Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Ohh, yes, Anna`s version is WONDERFUL cheers
And Carolynn, you are right, it would not be possible to mass-produce such a fantastic paintwork Rolling Eyes
But I am very, very happy that you showed him to us, Ana Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 11:15 pm

I don´t really like the back left leg, it seems like "blocked" to me. But the rest of the horse is so beautiful!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 12:57 am

LOVE it! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 2:26 am

Great job Ana!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:15 am

Anna, your version is just beautiful, I love your paintwork cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Thank You very much for Your comments Carolynn, Susanne, Magda, Silvia and Harriet. Very Happy cheers

Silvia, Sumo I think I see that something is not exactly right in left hind leg of this horse. I'm just not sure where is the mistake but I can feel it scratch I just got news about this, and this leg will be slightly changed before production cheers

Carolynn, Susanne You are right about mass production paintwork, it's better the melted skin is not showed there. This is detail which may look not fine if it's not painted very carefully. But I think factory paintjob may be also better, maybe suggestions will be possible to do. Maybe another color version for next year?

About posture of this horse, I wanted to give him look of "normal" ranch horse which may be good for many kinds of work but not for special shows of this kind. The word "normal" was important for me in this project Wink I also didn't wanted to sculpt him walking with very low position of neck like on the photo showed by Magda. I don't really know what are advantages of such position of neck and this kind of walking. This isn't look very fine and must be also strange feeling when You ride, like always riding downhill. scratch I'm sorry for saying that, I would love to learn more about it, and if anybody can explain it, I would be very happy. But honestly, my favorite riding discipline is dressage and there pose of neck and movement of all horse are so much different affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 7:42 pm

They are amazing!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 7:11 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:

Sumo wrote:
totally agree!
we call them "peanut pushers" because they look like they're rolling peanuts with their noses.

Yes "peanut rollers" they all are...and they have to be trained to do this..totally un-natural. Beginning ground work - you've already taught the horse to drop it's head in a halter when you pull down on the lead rope. The trainer then puts the colt in a snaffle bit, pulls down on the bit and releases quickly when the horse responds. Once the horse learns this (and the horse has been saddled) the ground work continues with the reins being run behind each front leg and tied up to the saddle horn. The colt is lunged in a Round Pen and the reins are gradually shortened bringing the head down closer to the ground. Some of you know that if a young horse suddenly can't raise it's head - they may flip over backwards. So important that you don't "freak them out" and do proper ground work. After the horse "gets used to that" and learns to "back off the bit" they start to ride them. The "trainer" uses a see-sawing motion (back and forth on their mouth with the snaffle bit - the reins are run thru a running martingale) until the head drops and then they release the pressure when the horse does, so that the horse learns to keep it's head down/low and the pressure off it's mouth. They travel "heavy on the forehand" and all "strung out" which doesn't allow them to be "ready for anything". An un-natural Fad which has been around much too long. No

Sometimes this form of training can be helpful if you have a problem horse with a "hard mouth". Just to get them to "back off the bit" a little. The important word there is "little".

In fact Sumo and Ana when you ride a horse like this the horse isn't "collected" or "balanced" so it hits the ground harder, and because the head and neck is carried so low you just feel like you are sitting on a saddle only and they never travel very quickly at a trot - practically walking, even the lope is slow. Not a horse I'd want to trail ride because it would take you forever to get anywhere! If the horse stops suddenly you feel like you were going to go off over their head! Horses trained this way don't do well anywhere but in an Arena, soft level ground, no rocks. Out on a trail they would be picking their head up for balance. No I have wished since they first started riding this way that it had NEVER been accepted by the Show Judges. You would never see a horse out in the field moving like this. No So sad.

I love your work Ana. So happy to see you have the horses moving and carrying themselves "naturally". cheers

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa   Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: