Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Animals around your house... - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Wow, so great photos of amazing animals! Wow! I love snapping turtle and I adore red wing blackbird, so beautiful I love you
Thank You very much for sharing! And congratulations sunny
Photos of heron eating fish are precious cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Gosh ! SO many wonderful pictures of wonderful animals cheers

Here is one more cutie that came to visit yesterday What a Face

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Isn`t it an amazing creature ? cheers

Taylcoel

Taylcoel

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 pm

wow! congrats! the spider is famous! Laughing Laughing We have alot on our walls that are big! affraid

my website link is at the bottom [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://schleich-c.webs.com
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Gosh ! SO many wonderful pictures of wonderful animals cheers

Here is one more cutie that came to visit yesterday What a Face

Isn`t it an amazing creature ? cheers

Wow! Seems that you have a very similar spider to what we have here! Interesting cheers
Neoscona crucifera- orb web spider
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:52 pm

paleoferroequine wrote:

Wow! Seems that you have a very similar spider to what we have here! Interesting cheers
Neoscona crucifera- orb web spider

That is very surprising Shocked They look almost the same !
But Neoscona crucifera only live in America according to Wikipedia...it must be a very close cousin scratch

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Awww, what a lovely spider! Around where I live we have plenty of the crossbacked garden spiders (Araneus diadematus), some of which can grow ridiculously huge (I swear I've seen some as big as small grapes). Really fascinating creatures!

There aren't too many interesting creatures around here this fall - not like last year's lemming explosion. Hasn't been a lot of bugs around either (not one mosquito bite, so I guess cold summers have some perks).

On the other hand, there are corgis.
You see, living directly above me is 50% of the county's corgi population. Granted, that's just three dogs. They're very friendly and utterly ridiculous in a good way. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:09 am

Sumo wrote:
Awww, what a lovely spider! Around where I live we have plenty of the crossbacked garden spiders (Araneus diadematus), some of which can grow ridiculously huge (I swear I've seen some as big as small grapes). Really fascinating creatures!

There aren't too many interesting creatures around here this fall - not like last year's lemming explosion. Hasn't been a lot of bugs around either (not one mosquito bite, so I guess cold summers have some perks).

You see, living directly above me is 50% of the county's corgi population. Granted, that's just three dogs. They're very friendly and utterly ridiculous in a good way. Laughing

What!? You mean there are only about 6 Corgis in the whole ( did you mean county or country)? Is that only registered or all? There are probably more in my town than that. Is it for medical reasons (quarantine)or just that people don't like them?

Anywho, here are some more pics from around here. I am still trying to get photos of the black bears, armadillos, and roadrunners but no luck yet.
American Robin-Turdus migratorius

Green Heron-Butorides virescens

Mockingbird-Mimus polyglottos

Woodchuck or groundhog-Marmota monax

Cardinal-Cardinalis cardinalis

Blue Jay-Cyanocitta cristata Common European Starling-Sturnus vulgaris Crow-Corvus brachyrhynchos

Common Grackle-Quiscalus quiscula

American Coot-Fulica americana

Opossum-Didelphis virginiana

Caspian Tern-Hydroprogne caspia

Immature Yellow-Crowned Night-Heron-Nyctanassa violacea

Turkey Vulture-Cathartes aura

Painted turtle-Chrysemys picta

Purple Martin-Progne subis The population of eastern Purple Martins is dependent on artificial martin houses of wood or aluminium and fake plastic gourds, supplied by individuals and organizations fond of the bird. This tradition was in place even before the population crash; Native Americans are said to have hollowed out gourds and erected them for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:24 am

Beautiful photos of the spiders and birds! We have many black widow spiders where I live No Shocked Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 am

animalluvr6 wrote:
Beautiful photos of the spiders and birds! We have many black widow spiders where I live No Shocked Very Happy

Yeah, we have a lot of them here too. But more of a problem are the brown recluse spiders Loxosceles reclusa, which can be more dangerous! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:53 am

WOW! Paleoferro. Your pictures are absolutely stunning Shocked cheers
I have to scroll through them again and again, - thankyou for sharing flower

Ana

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 9:13 am

Yes! Stunning photos! Congratulations Paleoferro and thank You for sharing! sunny
I love the photo of Tern. And I adore the diversity of species on Your photos. Wonderful! cheers

Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:20 pm

I did mean county - and it's not a very densely populated one (Nordland, area 38 460,36 km², approx. pop. 239 000). All the same, they're relatively rare dogs judging by the number of registrations:
As they're not hugely trendy dogs I don't think there's a lot of backyard breeding going on either - thank goodness.
As to why they're so rare, I dunno... maybe people are afraid they'll be mistaken for members of the British royal family? Laughing

paleoferroequine wrote:
Sumo wrote:

What!? You mean there are only about 6 Corgis in the whole ( did you mean county or country)? Is that only registered or all? There are probably more in my town than that. Is it for medical reasons (quarantine)or just that people don't like them?

Anywho, here are some more pics from around here. I am still trying to get photos of the black bears, armadillos, and roadrunners but no luck yet.
American Robin-Turdus migratorius

Green Heron-Butorides virescens

Mockingbird-Mimus polyglottos

Woodchuck or groundhog-Marmota monax

Cardinal-Cardinalis cardinalis

Blue Jay-Cyanocitta cristata Common European Starling-Sturnus vulgaris Crow-Corvus brachyrhynchos

Common Grackle-Quiscalus quiscula

American Coot-Fulica americana

Opossum-Didelphis virginiana

Caspian Tern-Hydroprogne caspia

Immature Yellow-Crowned Night-Heron-Nyctanassa violacea

Turkey Vulture-Cathartes aura

Painted turtle-Chrysemys picta

Purple Martin-Progne subis The population of eastern Purple Martins is dependent on artificial martin houses of wood or aluminium and fake plastic gourds, supplied by individuals and organizations fond of the bird. This tradition was in place even before the population crash; Native Americans are said to have hollowed out gourds and erected them for this purpose.

Forgot to say holy crap, those are some amazing photos! You're so lucky to have all these fantastic creatures in your neighborhood. cheers

Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 5:19 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW! Paleoferro. Your pictures are absolutely stunning Shocked cheers
I have to scroll through them again and again, - thankyou for sharing flower

Sumo wrote:
Forgot to say holy crap, those are some amazing photos! You're so lucky to have all these fantastic creatures in your neighborhood. cheers

Ditto, ditto! more! more!

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:55 am

woooohoooo!!!!!!!!! My Mantis is a female!!!!!! That is, one of them is- the other is a male and they're being very friendly with each other, if you get my drift. Yay! that means i'll have baby Mantids! cheers Any gardener will surely understand my happiness!

Ana

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:44 am

Mastiffcat wrote:
woooohoooo!!!!!!!!! My Mantis is a female!!!!!! That is, one of them is- the other is a male and they're being very friendly with each other, if you get my drift. Yay! that means i'll have baby Mantids! cheers Any gardener will surely understand my happiness!

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:57 am

Yeyyy, you'll soon have a female and beheaded male cheers Laughing

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Laughing I am happy to report that i spied Mr Mantid this morning, head intact. cheers

Actually, my bug book says that females' eating the males has only been observed in captive specimens. i thought that was interesting. it also gives a reference to a Mantid eating a mouse. affraid

Mastiffcat

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 4:03 am

more excitement in the Mantid world: Saturday afternoon i was surprised and thrilled to see a second female on another bush in my yard! i found Mr Mantid on the first bush and cut the sprig he was on and carefully carried him on it to the second bush. I put Mr Mantid and the sprig close enough to Mrs Mantid 2 that he could find her, but far enough away in case he needed to run away because she hadn't read my bug book! affraid I am happy to report that Mr Mantid and Mrs Mantid 2 got along just fine and so I am expecting a second family of baby Mantids! cheers cheers I am a very happy organic gardener! but i haven't seen Mr Mantid lately, so I hope he ran away instead of letting her prove my bug book wrong. affraid

i hope to spy out the two egg cases and then i will do everything i can to guard them carefully. one of my favorite things about my garden is that it is teeming with life. so many kinds of bees and wasps that i never knew anything about and now i sit quietly next to a buzzing bush and watch them come and go. or gardening in a cloud of bees; i just pretend i'm a cow and they don't bother me at all. i'm building a snag of dead branches to encourage native bees who nest in little holes in dead wood. the native bees in my area do not live in groups and do not build hives. and hummingbirds galore! they are so happy with the native plants that they are swooping in and out all day. i know i have lizards and am hoping to get even more lizards -- pale the poor lizard who commited suicide last summer by sunning on the driveway Sad -- by building more little lizard caves of bricks under bushes. piles of bricks are favorite places for beetles and where you have beetles, you have lizards. cheers
i envy all my STS friends who live in the countryside, but i am building my little bit of wilderness in Los Angeles.
it is time to get busy and start planting, since this is the beginning of our gardening season.

sunny cheers bugs and lizards and birds! cheers sunny

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 9:26 am

Mastiffcat wrote:

sunny cheers bugs and lizards and birds! cheers sunny

Carolynn, it sounds like you are having a garden of Eden flower cheers

You describe it so well, I can almost feel the heat and the buzzing, - an I am very exited about your mantid family with the dangerous and exiting family liffe Very Happy

If only more people did like you and made living room for the insects , lizzards and other small wild life in their gardens, - and accepted that a garden is not made of "perfect" plastic -there would be use almost no pesticides !

And so much fun and exiting observations...who would dream of sprying poison on Mr Mantid and mrs Mantid 1 and 2 ?

HURRAAAY for the joy and common sence of organic gardening Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)): Sad(o)):

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:07 am

Heres some photos!

This little guy was happy enough to pose for the camera! He was munching on a green caterpillar. I think he is an anole lizard Very Happy

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Hummingbirds!

I hope you enjoyed :)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Awesome   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

Such a cool picture! Cool
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

Beautyful creatures cheers Beautyful pictures cheers

Imagine having hummingbirds at your feeder and green lizzards in the bushes Shocked alien Very Happy

Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Fantastic pictures Cool cheers sunny cheers

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Good photos. Very Happy Yes, it is an anole Anolis carolinensis and the hummingbird is a female Ruby-Throated Archilochus colubris.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 11:32 pm

That is a beautiful anole! We had one until recently, a pet, but he passed away. He was very rarely a bright, vibrant, happy green like that specimen! Ours was always brown... Great pics of the hummingbird too!
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 13 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next