Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brand of extinct animals ?

Go down 
+5
bmathison1972
jhudstone
SUSANNE
Wildheart
dean2424
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dean2424

dean2424

Country/State : united kingdom

Brand of extinct animals ?  Empty
PostSubject: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 16:03

hey , i have the dodo fromk safari and somewhere else. but is there a set of extinct animals from wild republic or somewhere? anyone know anything? many thanks!

dean
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 17:35

This should be moved to another category and yes, K&M do have a very small set of prehsitoric mammals, which aren't that great compared to Safari,Bullyland or Schleich.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 18:46

Wildheart wrote:
This should be moved to another category and yes, K&M do have a very small set of prehsitoric mammals, which aren't that great compared to Safari,Bullyland or Schleich.

Wow, do you have them, Mihnea ?
Or a link bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 19:22

Many from the DTF have them. I will have to try and find the thread. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 19:31

Thankyou, Mihnea !
I can never find my way round in DTF Crying or Very sad geek Embarassed
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

Country/State : USA/Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 20:48

I have a set that includes a dodo, a quagga, a tasmanian tiger, a great auk, a cape lion and a mexican grizzly. They are about Britains scale. I will have to see if i can find the name of the company - they were out in the late '90s.
Back to top Go down
dean2424

dean2424

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 22:03

jhudstone wrote:
I have a set that includes a dodo, a quagga, a tasmanian tiger, a great auk, a cape lion and a mexican grizzly. They are about Britains scale. I will have to see if i can find the name of the company - they were out in the late '90s.

wow id loved those! i have a model zebra that looks like a quagga. not sure though. it doesnt have stripes .

ive got lots of dodo and tasmaNIAN tiger bits . ive always been interested in endangered or extinct animals.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 22:04

jhudstone wrote:

Those sound like a DREAM for collectors, WOW Shocked
Do you think you can send a picture of yours ? bounce bounce Shocked

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 22:05

dean2424 wrote:

ive got lots of dodo and tasmaNIAN tiger bits . ive always been interested in endangered or extinct animals.

Ohhh, Dean ! Can you show us a picture , too Shocked drunken
Back to top Go down
dean2424

dean2424

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptySun 18 Dec 2011, 22:13

SUSANNE wrote:
dean2424 wrote:

Ohhh, Dean ! Can you show us a picture , too Shocked drunken

AFTER CHECKING IT ISNT IN MY PHOTOS SORRY., i very much doubt it is a quagga but its unusuaL , ill photo it 2moro seperately. i dont know why i thought it was but always have.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 00:21

Dean,
THere is a set of figures put out with the Groovy Toob Books set. It includes a dodo, among others whose names currently escape me (it includes the only tow arthropleuran I've ever seen!)

You can buy it on eBay:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 07:34

Thankyou for the link, looks like the book is what all children should grow up with Very Happy

dean2424 wrote:

....i dont know why i thought it was but always have.

Laughing Laughing I think many of us have tried it. At least I have. When about to take a picture of a figure, one often takes a much closer look than usual Wink
Back to top Go down
dean2424

dean2424

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyMon 19 Dec 2011, 17:18

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou for the link, looks like the book is what all children should grow up with Very Happy

dean2424 wrote:

....i dont know why i thought it was but always have.

Laughing Laughing I think many of us have tried it. At least I have. When about to take a picture of a figure, one often takes a much closer look than usual Wink

The zebra/ quagga figure i have. no idea why ive always thought it wasnt a zebra. never had another figure like it. probably an unpainted zebra.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 13:58

Hi your zebras a zebra its MPC, the figs are always unpainted and come in different colours, part of a zoo animal range.USA 1960's roughly I think.
Playvisions did the extinct animal sets also mentioned, the quagga, barbary lion, mexican silver grizzly, toolache wallaby, auroch, stellers sea cow, great auk, dodo, thylacine . Their scale was variable, the quagga, auroch ,grizzly and lion much smaller than britains, thylacine correct to schleich people size. The wallaby, auk, and dodo comparble to schleichs animal size- [REMEMBER SCHLEICH PEOPLE ARE NOT IN ANYWAY CORRECT TO MOST OF THE ANIMALS OR THE ANIMALS TO EACH OTHER IN M ANY CASES EITHER]-, the set look actually really nice, the toolache and thylacine in particular!
The others the lion is just repainted Pv lion, but others are origional moulds.
Back to top Go down
robertelephant

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 14:07

And the wild republic set,Well I actually like it a lot, the glyptodont is great- placid pose, nice megatherium rearing up,these looking like the rather small brained animals youd expect!!!! The mammoth too trunk down walking along I like-I bought 2 sets for that alone.
Woolly rhino, its ok,Bullyland is much better. and the sabre tooth cats well - probably actually more correct bulky looking- but not as eye pleasing as papo, or Safari- the best sabretooth in my opinion!
All these wild republics with a repaint look pretty good esp the 4 herbivores.Cats are too big really for schleich scale.
They were sold in Uk under NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, ICE AGE, and in Canada as K&M ICE AGE, both in poly headed bags like the other wildrepublic animals, believe they are also extinct now.
Back to top Go down
dean2424

dean2424

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 17:46

robertelephant wrote:
And the wild republic set,Well I actually like it a lot, the glyptodont is great- placid pose, nice megatherium rearing up,these looking like the rather small brained animals youd expect!!!! The mammoth too trunk down walking along I like-I bought 2 sets for that alone.
Woolly rhino, its ok,Bullyland is much better. and the sabre tooth cats well - probably actually more correct bulky looking- but not as eye pleasing as papo, or Safari- the best sabretooth in my opinion!
All these wild republics with a repaint look pretty good esp the 4 herbivores.Cats are too big really for schleich scale.
They were sold in Uk under NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, ICE AGE, and in Canada as K&M ICE AGE, both in poly headed bags like the other wildrepublic animals, believe they are also extinct now.

Ahhh ok , i stand corrected :-) perhaps you might know if they have "animal kingdom" figures in canada ?

Dean
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 19:12

Here is the set of extinct animal figures I mentioned:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The names are:
Toolache Wallaby
Auroch
Dodo
Great auk
Steller's Sea Cow
Tasmanian Tiger (wolf)
Cape Lion
Quagga
mexican grizzly bear

Last edited by jhudstone on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 19:29

jhudstone wrote:
Here is the set of extinct animal figures I mentioned:

The names are:
Toolache Wallaby
Auroch
Dodo
Great auk
Steller's Sea Cow
Tasmanian Tiger (wolf)
Cape Lion
Quagga
mexican grizzly bear

Very very interesting. But i cant see the pics. Crying or Very sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 19:33

Fixed
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 19:50

jhudstone wrote:
Fixed

Wow, absolutly phantastic- you know the brand? cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 20:04

The figures themselves just say China on them, but I undestand there were a few collections under Friends of the Earth or Club Earth. I have an arctic set too.

Last edited by jhudstone on Tue 20 Dec 2011, 20:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 20:06

jhudstone wrote:
The figures themselves just say China on them, but I undestand there were a few collections under Friends of the Earth. I have an arctic set too.

More and more interesting!!! Can you please share pics of your arctis set? bounce bounce

Back to top Go down
jhudstone

jhudstone

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 20:12

I will try to later - I have to separate them out, then take pictures. They are a few penguins, a polar bear, musk ox and walrus.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 20:15

jhudstone wrote:
I will try to later - I have to separate them out, then take pictures. They are a few penguins, a polar bear, musk ox and walrus.

Thank you very much. I think, they have any interesting sets more. scratch

Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  EmptyTue 20 Dec 2011, 20:46

:) :)

This quagga is very similar to your photo:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Brand of extinct animals ?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Brand of extinct animals ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next