Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 
 

 Brand of extinct animals ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dean2424



Country/State : united kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-09
Posts : 44

PostSubject: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 pm

hey , i have the dodo fromk safari and somewhere else. but is there a set of extinct animals from wild republic or somewhere? anyone know anything? many thanks!

dean
Back to top Go down
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 pm

This should be moved to another category and yes, K&M do have a very small set of prehsitoric mammals, which aren't that great compared to Safari,Bullyland or Schleich.
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28213

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
This should be moved to another category and yes, K&M do have a very small set of prehsitoric mammals, which aren't that great compared to Safari,Bullyland or Schleich.

Wow, do you have them, Mihnea ?
Or a link bounce Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart



Country/State : Bucharest,Romania
Age : 20
Joined : 2010-04-29
Posts : 2186

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Many from the DTF have them. I will have to try and find the thread. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://theboundariesofcollecting.blogspot.com/search?updated-min
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28213

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Thankyou, Mihnea !
I can never find my way round in DTF Crying or Very sad geek Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
jhudstone



Country/State : USA/Minnesota
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-02
Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:48 pm

I have a set that includes a dodo, a quagga, a tasmanian tiger, a great auk, a cape lion and a mexican grizzly. They are about Britains scale. I will have to see if i can find the name of the company - they were out in the late '90s.
Back to top Go down
dean2424



Country/State : united kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-09
Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have a set that includes a dodo, a quagga, a tasmanian tiger, a great auk, a cape lion and a mexican grizzly. They are about Britains scale. I will have to see if i can find the name of the company - they were out in the late '90s.

wow id loved those! i have a model zebra that looks like a quagga. not sure though. it doesnt have stripes .

ive got lots of dodo and tasmaNIAN tiger bits . ive always been interested in endangered or extinct animals.
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28213

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have a set that includes a dodo, a quagga, a tasmanian tiger, a great auk, a cape lion and a mexican grizzly. They are about Britains scale. I will have to see if i can find the name of the company - they were out in the late '90s.

Those sound like a DREAM for collectors, WOW Shocked
Do you think you can send a picture of yours ? bounce bounce Shocked

_________________
SUSANNE  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28213

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


ive got lots of dodo and tasmaNIAN tiger bits . ive always been interested in endangered or extinct animals.

Ohhh, Dean ! Can you show us a picture , too Shocked drunken
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
dean2424



Country/State : united kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-09
Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:


ive got lots of dodo and tasmaNIAN tiger bits . ive always been interested in endangered or extinct animals.

Ohhh, Dean ! Can you show us a picture , too Shocked drunken

AFTER CHECKING IT ISNT IN MY PHOTOS SORRY., i very much doubt it is a quagga but its unusuaL , ill photo it 2moro seperately. i dont know why i thought it was but always have.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972



Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT
Age : 44
Joined : 2010-04-13
Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 am

Dean,
THere is a set of figures put out with the Groovy Toob Books set. It includes a dodo, among others whose names currently escape me (it includes the only tow arthropleuran I've ever seen!)

You can buy it on eBay:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
visit my collection at Insecta Synthetica ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 28213

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 am

Thankyou for the link, looks like the book is what all children should grow up with Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

....i dont know why i thought it was but always have.

Laughing Laughing I think many of us have tried it. At least I have. When about to take a picture of a figure, one often takes a much closer look than usual Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
dean2424



Country/State : united kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-09
Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thankyou for the link, looks like the book is what all children should grow up with Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

....i dont know why i thought it was but always have.

Laughing Laughing I think many of us have tried it. At least I have. When about to take a picture of a figure, one often takes a much closer look than usual Wink

The zebra/ quagga figure i have. no idea why ive always thought it wasnt a zebra. never had another figure like it. probably an unpainted zebra.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
robertelephant



Joined : 2010-06-20
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:58 pm

Hi your zebras a zebra its MPC, the figs are always unpainted and come in different colours, part of a zoo animal range.USA 1960's roughly I think.
Playvisions did the extinct animal sets also mentioned, the quagga, barbary lion, mexican silver grizzly, toolache wallaby, auroch, stellers sea cow, great auk, dodo, thylacine . Their scale was variable, the quagga, auroch ,grizzly and lion much smaller than britains, thylacine correct to schleich people size. The wallaby, auk, and dodo comparble to schleichs animal size- [REMEMBER SCHLEICH PEOPLE ARE NOT IN ANYWAY CORRECT TO MOST OF THE ANIMALS OR THE ANIMALS TO EACH OTHER IN M ANY CASES EITHER]-, the set look actually really nice, the toolache and thylacine in particular!
The others the lion is just repainted Pv lion, but others are origional moulds.
Back to top Go down
robertelephant



Joined : 2010-06-20
Posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:07 pm

And the wild republic set,Well I actually like it a lot, the glyptodont is great- placid pose, nice megatherium rearing up,these looking like the rather small brained animals youd expect!!!! The mammoth too trunk down walking along I like-I bought 2 sets for that alone.
Woolly rhino, its ok,Bullyland is much better. and the sabre tooth cats well - probably actually more correct bulky looking- but not as eye pleasing as papo, or Safari- the best sabretooth in my opinion!
All these wild republics with a repaint look pretty good esp the 4 herbivores.Cats are too big really for schleich scale.
They were sold in Uk under NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, ICE AGE, and in Canada as K&M ICE AGE, both in poly headed bags like the other wildrepublic animals, believe they are also extinct now.
Back to top Go down
dean2424



Country/State : united kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-09
Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
And the wild republic set,Well I actually like it a lot, the glyptodont is great- placid pose, nice megatherium rearing up,these looking like the rather small brained animals youd expect!!!! The mammoth too trunk down walking along I like-I bought 2 sets for that alone.
Woolly rhino, its ok,Bullyland is much better. and the sabre tooth cats well - probably actually more correct bulky looking- but not as eye pleasing as papo, or Safari- the best sabretooth in my opinion!
All these wild republics with a repaint look pretty good esp the 4 herbivores.Cats are too big really for schleich scale.
They were sold in Uk under NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, ICE AGE, and in Canada as K&M ICE AGE, both in poly headed bags like the other wildrepublic animals, believe they are also extinct now.

Ahhh ok , i stand corrected :-) perhaps you might know if they have "animal kingdom" figures in canada ?

Dean
Back to top Go down
jhudstone



Country/State : USA/Minnesota
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-02
Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Here is the set of extinct animal figures I mentioned:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The names are:
Toolache Wallaby
Auroch
Dodo
Great auk
Steller's Sea Cow
Tasmanian Tiger (wolf)
Cape Lion
Quagga
mexican grizzly bear


Last edited by jhudstone on Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Here is the set of extinct animal figures I mentioned:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The names are:
Toolache Wallaby
Auroch
Dodo
Great auk
Steller's Sea Cow
Tasmanian Tiger (wolf)
Cape Lion
Quagga
mexican grizzly bear


Very very interesting. But i cant see the pics. Crying or Very sad

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jhudstone



Country/State : USA/Minnesota
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-02
Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Fixed
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Fixed


Wow, absolutly phantastic- you know the brand? cheers cheers cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jhudstone



Country/State : USA/Minnesota
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-02
Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:04 pm

The figures themselves just say China on them, but I undestand there were a few collections under Friends of the Earth or Club Earth. I have an arctic set too.


Last edited by jhudstone on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The figures themselves just say China on them, but I undestand there were a few collections under Friends of the Earth. I have an arctic set too.


More and more interesting!!! Can you please share pics of your arctis set? bounce bounce

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jhudstone



Country/State : USA/Minnesota
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-02
Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:12 pm

I will try to later - I have to separate them out, then take pictures. They are a few penguins, a polar bear, musk ox and walrus.
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23573

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I will try to later - I have to separate them out, then take pictures. They are a few penguins, a polar bear, musk ox and walrus.


Thank you very much. I think, they have any interesting sets more. scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover



Country/State : colombia
Age : 59
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 1979

PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:46 pm

:) :)

This quagga is very similar to your photo:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Brand of extinct animals ?    Today at 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Brand of extinct animals ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The unknown brand Hong Kong animals in my zoo
» Which brand GZ34 to choose?
» Which other brand engines can use our Cox head conversions?
» HIGHLIGHT: Brand new Sailor Moon site Isshou-ni.net!
» Which brand of stainless tools are the very best?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: General reviews and discussions-
Jump to: