Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife

Go down 
+11
skysthelimit
Kristie
Ana
Vivien
HKHollinstone
widukind
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
ken yeo
dlfrogman
Roger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:41 am

With the help of some friends of the forum like Carolynn, Andreas, Kristie, etc. I'm being able to add some Safari figures to my collection! :) The North American brand is not selling wild life series in Portugal so this help is very important! cheers
Also important is the brand, mainly because makes some unusual species and that's the main subject of my collection! :)
While searching for the word squirrel in this forum I've noticed that the only topic is mine and I think all animals are important even they are not very popular among collectors! :)
The red squirrel is often released by brands, maybe because they are best known and fit easily with the European and American species.
Schleich, CollectA and Bullyland already released 2nd and 3rd versions while Papo and Mojo has it since the first year of their productions!
I don't know really a red squirrel in Safari range and it looks that the only exceptions are the marmots from Schleich and Papo and also the flying squirrel from Safari!
I know there are some chimpmunks in other brands but the only brand featuring a grey squirrel is probably Safari! cheers
That's a 2006 figure, slightly large as usual in Safari and with a oaknut! geek

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari Eastern grey squirrel
Here in comparison with other squirrels:
Papo marmot; Safari grey squirrel; Papo red squirrel
Schleich red squirrel; Mojo Fun red squirrel; K&M  red squirrel

P.S. The Papo red squirrel, from 2004, is from Nicole's collection of a little trade with Mihnea! Laughing

Last edited by Roger on Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:07 am

I almost got this guy the other day :) I have a store here that sells them and always has coupons for 50% off so let me know if you are seeking out something and maybe I can help cheers
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:28 am

Congrats Roger! Yes I think so far till now this is the only gray squirrel in the market. However I find it is too gray and should have some light gold brown on it.

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 4:36 am

Western Gray Squirrel

Eastern Gray

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:39 am

Congratulation Roger for your new squirell Very Happy

I think to get one, one day...

I also would like to see different squirells, like the Asian ones, but i guess it's only in my dreams Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:53 am

He is lovely, congratulations, Roger cheers
You have a wonderful collection of squirrels I love you

Ohh, I think many of us love squirrels and collect them.
Only the headings don`t alaways tell it, so a search doesn`t tell. scratch
I have thought about it before, and perhaps - if I will remember Rolling Eyes - I will mention the animal in the heading more often.
For example write " a squirrel and a rabbit" instead og " Two cutues" as I tend to do Very Happy

Kikimalou wrote:

I also would like to see different squirells, like the Asian ones, but i guess it's only in my dreams Wink

Hear, hear !!!! Very Happy
And a Prevost`s squirrel bounce bounce cheers

Rusty, thankyou for the comparison of Eastern and Western gray squirrel, I did not know that Very Happy flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Only the headings don`t alaways tell it, so a search doesn`t tell. scratch
I have thought about it before, and perhaps - if I will remember Rolling Eyes - I will mention the animal in the heading more often.
For example write " a squirrel and a rabbit" instead og " Two cutues" as I tend to do Very Happy

bounce bounce bounce I agree 100%
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:22 am

Congratulation Roger!!! I like that it is a grey squirrel. cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:28 am

Congratulations Roger - he's very cute! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 am

SUSANNE wrote:

Kikimalou wrote:

Hear, hear !!!! Very Happy
Yessss,I agree 100%!! cheers Very Happy cheers
A Prevost's squirrel would be awesome,Susanne,it's my favorite squirrel species. I love you flower
Isn't it cute?? drunken
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Roger,this squirrel is so lovely! cheers flower
Please tell him that he should watch out for his nut,as he is the only one with one! affraid No

Last edited by Vivien1998 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:31 am

Beautiful squirrel Roger!! cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 am

It should be Western Gray Squirrel, if I m not wrong.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:

A Prevost's squirrel would be awesome,Susanne,it's my favorite squirrel species. I love you flower
Isn't it cute?? drunken

Ohhhh! SO cute ! Almost as cute as Roger`s squirrel I love you

I saw one when my son and I visited a " Rainforest" in a bearby city, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , wonderful, and SO fast Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Vivien1998 wrote:

Isn't it cute?? drunken

Ohhhh! SO cute ! Almost as cute as Roger`s squirrel I love you

I saw one when my son and I visited a " Rainforest" in a bearby city, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , wonderful, and SO fast Shocked
Yes,it is really difficult to photograph these animals,your video is great! cheers Very Happy Had you got a huge zoom or were you just very,very near to it because usually they are shy and anxious.scratch study
By the way,here's another cute photo of this fascinating creature,my new avatar:

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 2:45 pm

I think he is the best squirrel ever and I need to get one!

Congrats Roger! :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Very nice, congrats Roger cheers

orcagirl26

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 8:14 pm

He's cute! :) I don't think any shops around here sell him, 'cause I haven't seen him scratch
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
Yessss,I agree 100%!! cheers Very Happy cheers
Isn't it cute?? drunken
oh, what a beautiful little animal! i don't really know much about squirrels, other than they sit in trees and say bad things to dogs, steal fruit off our trees, and occasionally get run over by cars.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 pm

Thanks to all friends, I'm glad you like my new American squirrel! :) Good ideas also. I really wanted to see a Safari toob showing little several different squirrel species, flying, ground and tree species. There are many nice squirrels in our planet! bounce

dlfrogman wrote:
I almost got this guy the other day :) I have a store here that sells them and always has coupons for 50% off so let me know if you are seeking out something and maybe I can help cheers

Thanks, I apreciate your help. I'm really still searching some Safari figures: I don't have 2011 releases yet and it was a good year with the bobcat, honney badger, kudu, roadrunner, Indian rhino, etc. But I'm also still interested in some previous figures like the skunk, brown pelican, African penguin, etc. Let me know if you can find some of them! cheers

ken yeo wrote:
It should be Western Gray Squirrel, if I m not wrong.

Ken, I think you are right even I cannot be sure, white under parts, long ears, solide gray in the back, very busy and wide tail. I think it fits better with Western grey squirrel. As soon as I can be sure I change the tittle of this topic. Thanks for your help I love to know and discuss the species represented in figures. Maybe someone can ask Safari? Suspect :)
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Roger wrote:
honey badger
What Honey badger? Shocked

dlfrogman

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:
honey badger

The one that doesn't give a %#@t LOL I love that video I think he must mean the american badger :)
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
Roger wrote:
honey badger
You meant American badger, right Roger? Wink

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:41 pm

Yes, I mean American badger! Laughing geek I was watching Ana's Playvisions before! Thanks for telling! pale American badger, American badger, American badger... I think it is enough for a forgetful crocodile! Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 8:52 am

lol! lol! lol!

We don`t mind, Roger, we know what you mean, it is the one that DOES give %#@t bom geek and it is such a badgastic model Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:07 pm

That squirrel is very nice Roger, due to not very good picture in Safari catalog I haven't ordered it, now I feel like an idiot... Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife    Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife  Empty

Back to top Go down

Eastern Gray squirrel 2007 Wild Safari North American Wildlife
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Safari Ltd. :: Safari Ltd walkarounds and reviews-
Jump to: