Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas gifts

Go down 
+16
Mastiffcat
Pony
remrock02
SyLoBe
skysthelimit
Ana
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Vivien
widukind
Wildheart
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Roger
Kristie
Arrakai
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arrakai

Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:49 am

I never thought I would make it this year pale

On the 20;th december, I still wasnt done with all the figurines, and non of them were painted affraid

On tuesday, wednesday and thursday I sat from 10 in the morning to 4 in the night, sculpting and painting, only taking breaks to go out with Arrami (my dog). I barely had time to sleep, but on thursday evening (well, accually 5am friday Rolling Eyes ) I still wasnt finished with all of them No

But I just had to finish them, and finaly, on friday evening, only one day befor christmas, I was finished cheers

I wanted to post pics of them already on friday, but I had so much to do, and then it was christmas eve, and then I was working, so I havent had time to post the pics until now.

But here they are, the seven christmas figurines for my family cheers
(This year, I went a little more comic on some of the figurines Wink )

For my big brother, the mechanic, some kind of confused lizzard
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

For my biggest little brother, the electrician, some kind of mustelid, with sunglasses and a lightbulb

For my other little brother, who rather party than do homework, a party panda

For my smalest little brother, who loves to play video games (I accually glued a pic of the acual game he use to play on the tv)

For my mums boyfriend, who works as a nightguard at a company called Securitas (the three red dots are their logo), a watching owl

For my mum, her crazy old papillon, Max (he always have the tongue out, since he doesnt have any teeth left there Rolling Eyes )
(you see those longer hairs on the tail, belly, ears legs ets... I had to put them there one by one! It took forever!)

And lastly, for my dad, who fought hard to get the locals to accept a wild wolf that had wandered down here (the first wolf down here in småland for over 140 years). She sadly got killed about a month ago, as the sheep-owners refused to accept wolfs to live here.
So I gave him a different ending, were the wolf won. (the hunter is not dead, just very drunk Wink )

Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:18 am

Wow! You sure were creative and what WONDERFUL creatures you made for your family! Thanks for sharing. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:23 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Eheheh! Your figures are extra funny and beautiful! Lucky family again! Very Happy Very Happy
I think the lizard is a mixing between a crocodile and a macaque. scratch geek monkey
The Marten has a strong personality! study sunny Idea
The panda is clearly enjoying the party! bom drunken
My my fa.. favouri... favourite Embarassed the fox playing videogames, it is absolutly lovely and superb! What a Face
Eh, my old sister has the same work, I think she also should be a watching owl! affraid
Crazy work with the Papillon, your Mum deserves it because she surely had and have a lot of work with you! Laughing
And your Dad always with his favourite animal, the wolf! I'm glad this sheepboy was drunk and the wolf also loves to dring! drunken
Very nice, thanks for showing, I enjoyed a lot. I'm eager to see what our Sheepgirl thinks about it! scratch
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:35 am

Wonderful little critters Anna, congratulation Very Happy

Roger wrote:
:
I think the lizard is a mixing between a crocodile and a macaque. scratch geek monkey

It is a well known Scottish reptile : The crazy Mac...Codile Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:27 am

Holy Eggshell Shocked

They are just marvellous cheers cheers cheers

I sit here with a large grin on my face, a grand surprise on a greay morning, yeppeee bounce bounce cheers
I LOVE them, LOVE them ! All of them flower flower flower

He, he, hurray for the wolf, getting the best of the stupid drunk hunter Twisted Evil Wink

Your family is lucky to have you in the family cheers

Last edited by SUSANNE on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am

Wowie zowie! They are all so perfect! Shocked You have incredible talent and imagination! Bravo! Keep up the good work! Your family must be proud! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:50 am

Very nice!! Congratulation!!! cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Vivien

Country/State : Germany

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:01 am

They are gorgeous! cheers cheers cheers You have so much imagination to make beautiful figures.flower
My favorite is the Maccodile lol! ,he's such a funny guy! monkey What a Face I'm sure your family was very happy with all of them. santa

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:41 am

Anna these are absolutely amazing!! So incredibly detailed, wow they are really great pieces, your family must be very pleased with them. cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am

Amazing and funny cheers

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:55 pm

They are incredibly funny! Laughing Laughing cheers
Thank You for showing Anna! Your family is lucky Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Beautiful pieces Anna cheers
You should organize your time better, seems that you always have a few sleepless nights before important Holidays Wink Very Happy

SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

So beautitful and cute!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
remrock02

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:11 pm

These are all wonderful!!! Your family is very lucky to have such wonderful gifts!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pony

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Amazing! You MUST post their reactions! Very Happy

Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:12 pm

brilliant, comical, beautiful. your family i'm sure loves them!
Max is exquisite!

Poor wolf. i wish people had been willing to allow her to live among them. Sad i think a wolf is worth more than a sheep, but that is easy for me to say as they are not my sheep.....

Admin
Roger

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Mastiffcat wrote:
brilliant, comical, beautiful. your family i'm sure loves them!
Max is exquisite!

Poor wolf. i wish people had been willing to allow her to live among them. Sad i think a wolf is worth more than a sheep, but that is easy for me to say as they are not my sheep.....

I don't know each one is worth more but I'm sure a wolf is worth more than the money a human can win with a sheep! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mastiffcat

Mastiffcat

Country/State : California

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 8:32 pm

Roger wrote:
I don't know each one is worth more but I'm sure a wolf is worth more than the money a human can win with a sheep! Evil or Very Mad
a much better way of putting it! thank you.

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 6:18 am

What lovely figurines Anna! cheers
I am sure your family liked them very much! Very Happy
And i am sure Rogerio wants the fox that plays video-games to! Laughing

To sad this story about this wolf, what we Dutch must do, as a wolf was sighted here a few months ago to, he wandered here from Germany, and we did not even killed it, although here is much less space... Rolling Eyes

Deseo

Country/State : Finland

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow! How beautiful they are, just amazing! Very Happy
I'm sure your family liked them cheers
Back to top Go down
http://deseo.suntuubi.com/
Arrakai

Arrakai

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 pm

Thanx kristie, Roger, Susanne, Minhea, Vivien, Andreas, Harriet, Martin, Ana, Robert, SyLoBe,
remrock, Jabberjey, carolynn, Willy, deseo cheers (I hope I didnt forget someone)

@Roger; Haha, ye, maybe it is Laughing First i was going to make a croc, but then I thought it would be to hard, so I decided to do a lizzard instead, but in the end, it looked more like a croc anyway Rolling Eyes

I´m happy with the fox, I think the colors turned out good Very Happy

@Robert; Yes I know, I suck at time planning Embarassed Laughing

@Jabberjey; They mostly laughed, cant figure out why scratch I think they liked them, My mum realy liked little Max, and she was especially happy, ´cus now she have both her animals as figurines (I made her horse last christmas). One of my little brothers even said "hey, your accually good at this" and that is a huge complimant comming from him Rolling Eyes
My dad loved his little wolf, and got a good laugh I love you

@Carolynn; Yes, I was very sad when I heard they had shot her No

The whole story;

In spring, a young female wolf, called "Kynna" walked down here to Småland from norway. She soon established a territorry, and me and a lot of others were thrilled, as it was the first wolf to settle down here for over 140 years.

The problem with southern Sweden (well most part of sweden) is that we have a lot of sheep-farmers. They are used to not having to worry about predators (wierdly enough, they never say anything about foxes, who every year take many sheeps Rolling Eyes ), and many of them dont even have fenses that keep the sheep in, much less keep predators out. And when they learned that a wolf had wandered here, they a once started shouting for her to be killed.
Neather of them took any precautions to keep their sheep safe (like better fences, keep the sheep in at night or shepherd animals) even thou we had a lot of volonters that were willing to help with the fencing for free, and they could apply for contributions for the fences.
All they said was "It cant be done"

And we also have a long tradition of hunting with unleashed dogs, so as you can figure, most hunters here hate wolves (That is the main reason wolfs are so hated in Sweden)

And unfortunetly, many people here still have the medieval belief that wolves are savage beasts that will eat our children Evil or Very Mad Some people even wrote in the paper that now that the wolf were here, their children were´nt aloud outside of the house, they were afraid the wolf would eat them all (I must say, I´m a little ambarrased to call my self swedish when I hear such things)

So the situation was pretty tense. And since all sheep owners refused to protect their sheeps in any way, Kynna started to attack the sheep...
(One thing that made me especially angry, was when a sheepowner after the attack said to the newspaper; "I was expecting an attack, I knew that she was close" Then after the attack, he took the sheep in every night. This means that he could protect his sheep, he knew that an attack were likley, and yet, he did nothing!)

Eventually, the sheepowners won their fight and it was decided that she had to be killed No

200 hunters went out in the forests to hunt her down. For two weeks, she evaded them (at the same time, idiots claimed that she was a "tame" wolf, not affraid of people. all the time she was here, I think about one or two people accually saw her, and she ran away both times).

But then, on week three, she was shot No The only good thing you can say is that it was a clean shot and she died instantly...

R.I.P Kynna

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 12:06 am

Thanks for your sad and interesting story Anna! Sad
Maybe some tales stories have bad influence in some regions! Here we also learn that wolves are terrible creatures and they are even and even rare. We have here a subspecies, of a smaller wolf called Iberian wolf.
Ahahah, crocodiles are really hard! Embarassed Wink flower
I love your fox not only because of color that is very good indeed, you did a personification of a human in a fox and it continues being clearly a fox, very foxy! What a Face cheers
Have you ever tried a red fox not in comical interpretation? I'm sure the work would be superb! :)
Back to top Go down
Suebeedo

Suebeedo

Country/State : Spokane, Washington, USA

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:26 am

What an excellent job with all of them.
I especially like the Papillion! I'm certain your mother loved it! :)

flower ~ Sue
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 9:05 am

R.I.P Kynna indeed! Embarassed
I wonder what happens to the wolf which was sighted around here in the southern parts of the Netherlands.
I hope it keeps a low profile in our crowded little country... Wink

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Arrakai

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  EmptySun Jan 01, 2012 5:38 pm

@Roger; Yes, old fairytales still have much power No And the wolf has especially bad reputation amongst predators, and one of the reasons are religion (at least christianity). When that religion grew strong, and the bible was written, many people in that region had sheeps. and because wolf and sheeps dont realy mix, the wolf was chosen for reprecenting evil, while the sheep reprecented good.
And that idea lived on for a long time (and still does to some people), and in the "old ages" when churches had much power, they ordered people to kill all the wolves they saw, and every village had to have a wolftrapp (that was the situation in sweden from about 1100 - 1800century)

(other religions, like the native americans, worshiped the wolf and saw them as their "brothers")

Another "funny" thing, that you can think about. If you look at childrens books, movies, cartoons etc (both old and new), the wolf is often the bad guy (much more than other predators). other predators can be portrayed as both good and bad (se lions etc), but the wolf is almost always the bad guy. This teaches children from young ages that wolves are an evil creature. Evil or Very Mad

About the fox. I have done one fox, but that was over a year ago, when I first started doing clay figurines, so it´s not that good Rolling Eyes
But maybe I´ll try again Very Happy

@Sue; Thanx Very Happy Yes, she liked it very much Very Happy

@Willy; I hope it found a mate and got a big family I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas gifts  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas gifts    Christmas gifts  Empty

Back to top Go down

Christmas gifts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next