Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
bounce bounce bounce Please check here the incredible line-up of Safari LTD for 2017! bounce bounce bounce

Share | 
 

 Show us your Owls

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23171

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:38 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Great batch Andreas Cool

I see you have the KAIYODO spectacled owl babies on tree Suspect Congratulation Very Happy

Thank you very much. But they are not spectacled owls, they are a ninox specie (which i have to look).Much better for my zoo. Very Happy

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Great collection,Andreas! cheers cheers flower I like the big one in the top right very much,what is it? scratch
Back to top Go down
widukind



Country/State : Germany
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-30
Posts : 23171

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:00 pm

Vivien1998 wrote:
Great collection,Andreas! cheers cheers flower I like the big one in the top right very much,what is it? scratch

Thank you Vivien. It is by TM (Tom Major? i think) scratch

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:30 pm

Wow so many wonderful owls everyone cheers Christophe I love your Kaiyodo snowy owl drunken I must add that one to my collection some day Sleep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive had this Snowy Owl for years, no idea who made him....
He is marvellous Steve! Is it made from resin?

Thanks...is it Harriet?...
Yes, it's Harriet Wink

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Joan Milelire



Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:47 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Suggested by Roger a few weeks ago, I've finally got round to taking photos of my owl collection! One more owl was added yesterday, the 2012 Schleich snowy owl Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So show us your owls bounce bounce

Harriet, the great horned owl is marvellous. Which brand is it?

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
Vivien



Country/State : Germany
Age : 18
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:04 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Suggested by Roger a few weeks ago, I've finally got round to taking photos of my owl collection! One more owl was added yesterday, the 2012 Schleich snowy owl Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So show us your owls bounce bounce

Harriet, the great horned owl is marvellous. Which brand is it?
I think it's 4D-Master,Joan. Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 19987

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Abu Rai wrote:

Harriet, the great horned owl is marvellous. Which brand is it?

Joan, Vivien is right! flower You can find more information in these 2 topics about the figure - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'll show my owls soon and I'm enjoying a lot seeing yours! :)
Back to top Go down
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9158

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:59 pm

Beautiful owls everyone cheers What a nice topic, owls are so beautiful I love you I will try to take photos of my small owls collection tomorrow :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Roger
Admin


Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 19987

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:24 am

Bullyland is definitively the owls lover: I love you
Seeing some old Bully catalogues in the forum we can see the tawny owl already in 1992, the eagle owl in 1995 and it looks the first snowy owl is a 1996 release. There was another snowy owl later and recently the Great grey owl!
Schleich is replying very late to Bullyland, in 1999 a tawny owl, in 2002 an eagle-owl and in 2012 a snowy owl!
CollectA has a single owl since its first year, the 2006 Barn owl;
Safari is an old brand, I don't know if those are all their owls but from my knowledge the first is the great horned owl in 2006, the snowy owl in 2008 and in 2012, a barn owl!
Papo and Mojo Fun hasn't released any owl until now! Sad
It's nice to see from your collections more owls from other brands! cheers
As I collect species here goes my little selection:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Safari great horned owl; CollectA barn owl, Schleich eagle owl and tawny owl, another CollectA barn owl and the Bullyland great grey owl.

It is missing a snowy owl, almost surely the new Schleich will join my little collection. :)
Back to top Go down
Steve170



Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-22
Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow so many wonderful owls everyone cheers Christophe I love your Kaiyodo snowy owl drunken I must add that one to my collection some day Sleep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive had this Snowy Owl for years, no idea who made him....
He is marvellous Steve! Is it made from resin?

Thanks...is it Harriet?...
Yes, it's Harriet Wink

I hope your signature is new! Embarassed

As it happens I first heard an Owl when I was on holiday in Kendall and I haven't heard or seen one in the wild since.
Back to top Go down
http://stevesreplicaanimals.blogspot.co.uk/
Joan Milelire



Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 41
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1182

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:52 am

Thank you Vivien and Roger sunny

_________________
Joan
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
my handmade models: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]     my models in facebook: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow so many wonderful owls everyone cheers Christophe I love your Kaiyodo snowy owl drunken I must add that one to my collection some day Sleep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive had this Snowy Owl for years, no idea who made him....
He is marvellous Steve! Is it made from resin?

Thanks...is it Harriet?...
Yes, it's Harriet Wink

I hope your signature is new! Embarassed

As it happens I first heard an Owl when I was on holiday in Kendall and I haven't heard or seen one in the wild since.
Laughing

Do you live in a town or country?
Sometimes I hear a tawny owl at night, they sit either in the old pear tree or on the chimney pots. We also get a barn owl in the disused barns, roosting in the beams.


_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 am

Abu Rai wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Suggested by Roger a few weeks ago, I've finally got round to taking photos of my owl collection! One more owl was added yesterday, the 2012 Schleich snowy owl Very Happy
So show us your owls bounce bounce

Harriet, the great horned owl is marvellous. Which brand is it?
Thank you Joan! Vivien and Roger are right, it's the fantastic 4D master owl cheers

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis



Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 28
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you live in a town or country?
Sometimes I hear a tawny owl at night, they sit either in the old pear tree or on the chimney pots. We also get a barn owl in the disused barns, roosting in the beams.
I live near a forest and I often can hear tawny owls' distant calls.
I've heard a barn owl once, last summer, and it scared the hell out of me Suspect I was with my dog outside (it was almost midnight), and suddenly I heard that dreadful shriek just above my head... I got back home barely alive, I was all shaking. The next day I did some research and I found out it was "only" a harmless barn owl... lol!

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
castlerigg



Country/State : UK
Age : 68
Joined : 2010-12-11
Posts : 358

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

At first, our Ark's only Owls were the three funny little ones at the front of this picture. (They were made as cake decorations.) Then we got a pair of Bullyland Eagle Owls and a pair of Bullyland Snowy Owls.

The big, mean Owl at the back is old Elastolin composition ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

.... here she is again (on the left), with the cruder Durolin version.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

We have a small composition Forester (maker unknown). Once, he must have been firing a rifle, but one arm, both hands and the rifle were broken off and missing when we bought him. Lesley rebuilt him. Now, he is releasing a K & M Tawny Owl back into the wild.

And that's all our Owls!

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Moderator


Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 63
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 27745

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Beautyful owls, - you did it again, Sue & Lesley cheers

I love the way you helped the old forester back to a great job of letting owls go back to freedom Very Happy drunken flower
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
landrover



Country/State : colombia
Age : 58
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 1956

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:42 pm

:) :)

Sue & Lesley.....again show us your treasures.

Wow, are marvellous.
Back to top Go down
Ana



Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9158

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:49 pm

Beautiful collection Sue and Lesley! Very unique items Very Happy Thank You for showing cheers

Magda, what a scary story Wink
Harriet You are lucky to hear owls more often, their voices are beautiful Very Happy
I had heard different owls few times in my life but once I had also occasion to see wonderful Eagle Owl from very close. That was in Polish region Mazury, popular for vacation in Poland. I went for a walk to the forest at 5am because I couldn't sleep. And then something big moved next to me confused It was huge owl no more than 3 meters from me! She flew away and I was so happy to see her, what a magnificent, shy flying and huge bird! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Steve170



Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-22
Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Beautiful collection Sue and Lesley! Very unique items Very Happy Thank You for showing cheers

Magda, what a scary story Wink
Harriet You are lucky to hear owls more often, their voices are beautiful Very Happy
I had heard different owls few times in my life but once I had also occasion to see wonderful Eagle Owl from very close. That was in Polish region Mazury, popular for vacation in Poland. I went for a walk to the forest at 5am because I couldn't sleep. And then something big moved next to me confused It was huge owl no more than 3 meters from me! She flew away and I was so happy to see her, what a magnificent, shy flying and huge bird! cheers

Wow...what an experience that must've been!
Back to top Go down
http://stevesreplicaanimals.blogspot.co.uk/
Steve170



Country/State : United Kingdom
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-11-22
Posts : 478

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wow so many wonderful owls everyone cheers Christophe I love your Kaiyodo snowy owl drunken I must add that one to my collection some day Sleep
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ive had this Snowy Owl for years, no idea who made him....
He is marvellous Steve! Is it made from resin?

Thanks...is it Harriet?...
Yes, it's Harriet Wink

I hope your signature is new! Embarassed

As it happens I first heard an Owl when I was on holiday in Kendall and I haven't heard or seen one in the wild since.
Laughing

Do you live in a town or country?
Sometimes I hear a tawny owl at night, they sit either in the old pear tree or on the chimney pots. We also get a barn owl in the disused barns, roosting in the beams.


It sounds like you have really pretty surroundings...I want to go back to the Lake District but away from the tourists.

I live in a busy town/city. I have Richmond Park very near me which is nice
Back to top Go down
http://stevesreplicaanimals.blogspot.co.uk/
castlerigg



Country/State : UK
Age : 68
Joined : 2010-12-11
Posts : 358

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:21 pm

" .... I want to go back to the Lake District ...."

Nice to know that you enjoyed your visit to our part of the country, Steve, but you might not like it so much at the moment - gale-force winds, hail-storms covering the fields in white, torrential rain and trees falling like nine-pins!! And C-O-L-D!!

The Owls are being sensible, and keeping under cover.

Sue & Lesley
castlerigg
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin


Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 51
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14958

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 pm

Sue and Lesley, I love your HAUSSER ELASTOLIN owl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

_________________
Christophe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Do you live in a town or country?
Sometimes I hear a tawny owl at night, they sit either in the old pear tree or on the chimney pots. We also get a barn owl in the disused barns, roosting in the beams.
I live near a forest and I often can hear tawny owls' distant calls.
I've heard a barn owl once, last summer, and it scared the hell out of me Suspect I was with my dog outside (it was almost midnight), and suddenly I heard that dreadful shriek just above my head... I got back home barely alive, I was all shaking. The next day I did some research and I found out it was "only" a harmless barn owl... lol!
Laughing they can sound quite scary sometimes, especially the barn owl

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It sounds like you have really pretty surroundings...I want to go back to the Lake District but away from the tourists.

I live in a busy town/city. I have Richmond Park very near me which is nice
Thanks, I love it here, we get a nice lot of wildlife. We're about an hour from the Lake District, but love visiting.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Beautiful collection Sue and Lesley! Very unique items Very Happy Thank You for showing cheers

Magda, what a scary story Wink
Harriet You are lucky to hear owls more often, their voices are beautiful Very Happy
I had heard different owls few times in my life but once I had also occasion to see wonderful Eagle Owl from very close. That was in Polish region Mazury, popular for vacation in Poland. I went for a walk to the forest at 5am because I couldn't sleep. And then something big moved next to me confused It was huge owl no more than 3 meters from me! She flew away and I was so happy to see her, what a magnificent, shy flying and huge bird! cheers

Eagle owls are so beautiful, I know most owl's eyes are amazing, but I've only seen a few species of owls in real life and I think they're stunning to look at. I've never seen one in the wild. It must be amazing to see one in the wild Anna!

I love the Tawny owl's call, some people think it sound creepy, but I think they sound friendly cat
A few years ago I was on a walk and came across a baby Tawny Owl on the ground by a fallen tree. I ran home and got my brother to get some photos, he took loads of photos of it. We think he must have fallen from his roost as he was sleepy and not really aware of us. The next day he was gone, so I think he was alright.

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
HKHollinstone
Moderator


Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 24
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11310

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:35 pm

I love your owls Sue an Lesley cheers
What lovely collections everyone has cheers

_________________
Harriet
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Arnaud



Country/State : France
Age : 31
Joined : 2011-11-25
Posts : 622

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:57 pm

At last, here is my owl collection : the Schleich eagle owl ! lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Show us your Owls   Today at 7:26 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Show us your Owls
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Bristol Model Engineering Show
» White Waltham Wheels, Wings and Steam show
» Anyone remember the tv show "Hunter"?
» I have such wonderful, wonderful things to show you.
» Scrap Quilt tips from Lynn Roddy Brown (Houston Quilt show)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Collections and collecting :: Show us yours :-
Jump to: