Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  
Very Happy The topic "Animals where you live" won the SUY for December" Very Happy

Share | 

My last Schleich additions for 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 am

I was browsing an online shop where I buy most of my Papo and Schleich from, when I suddenly saw Schleich 2012. I emailed them and asked whether they were really available or if they were just for pre order. They emailed back and said they had a special delivery for Christmas, so I ordered all the one's I wanted:
first the birds

I'm happy with all, except the peregrine falcon and stork don't seem to be made of the same plastic as the rest, it's a lot lighter and the paintwork on the peregrine falcon isn't that great in my opinion

now the sheep and I bought the pygmy goat as well

with all the Schleich sheep for comparison

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:12 am

Nice ones Harriet cheers

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:51 am

@skysthelimit wrote:
Nice ones Harriet cheers
Thanks Robert flower

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:03 pm

congratulation Harriet, I love the pelican and the snowy owl Very Happy

Roger
Admin

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:16 pm

Congratulations Harriet! :)
I like the snowy owl as I told before But definitively these birds are not exciting! :( Now I understand why someone was saying that the falcon was the best owl of ever! :geek: It is the 2nd peregrine falcon of the brand much more was expected. CollectA and Bullyland did a better work in it even they are also not excelent! :)
In your pictures everything looks nice and what a nice way to start 2012! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:24 pm

@Roger wrote:
Congratulations Harriet! :)
I like the snowy owl as I told before But definitively these birds are not exciting! Sad Now I understand why someone was saying that the falcon was the best owl of ever! geek It is the 2nd peregrine falcon of the brand much more was expected. CollectA and Bullyland did a better work in it even they are also not excelent! :)
In your pictures everything looks nice and what a nice way to start 2012! :)
Thanks Christophe and Roger sunny
I'm wasn't really excited about most of these new releases, but I do love the snowy owl a lot, this one I was excited to get. And it's lovely. The old Schleich stork I never managed to get, so I was interested to get this new one - I think the old version was better quality though. As for the pelican, he's a nice figure, but boring as it's the same pose as all the other brand's pelicans. I wish I hadn't bought the falcon now, but maybe I can repaint him. Sleep

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Thankyou for the wonderful pictures and congratulations with getting them so early cheers

We are very lucky that some of our good photographers got them so early, so we can see them Very Happy

Untill now I have always been very exited to get all the new Schleich, but this year... scratch

Actually I think I am more exited about the new Bullylands, - at least they are true to their brand Laughing Laughing

Well, now I shall not be too negative. I LOVE the sheep and the goat cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 pm

Congratulation for your absolutly new newcomers!!!! cheers cheers

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:02 pm

Great photos of beautiful models ! 4 species of birds that I don't have yet ! And sheep and goat !! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Arrakai

Country/State : Ljungby - Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Congratz on your new additions and thanx for the great pics of them cheers

I still think the stork looks a bit wierd, I think the beak is a little bit too big scratch

But it doesnt realy matter what I think of the new ones, the schleich addict I am, I will still buy all of them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vivien

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:33 pm

WONDERFUL,GORGEOUS,FANTASTIC Photos,Harriet!!! cheers cheers cheers Thank you!
I have to get the sheep of course,they are so cute. I love you After I've seen the Falcon on your photos I'm not sure if I'll get him...
But can you please make more pictures of your snow owl,I think mine has got a different eye colour. Suspect scratch
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Harriet, I forgot to ask about the different material of the falcon and stork. Could you please check if they are made in a different country? Maybe Tunisia? :study:
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Congratulations Harriet! cheers cheers

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Thank you Friends! cheers glad you like the photos too, although I think some are a little dark study
I love the sheep and goat too Susanne cheers

About the stork and falcon Roger, I checked and they're both made in China, it's odd they used a cheaper feeling plastic scratch

I'll try and get a better photo of the owl for you Vivien, interesting if your's has different eye colour bounce

Anna, I find the stork a little odd too, I was thinking the bottom of it's legs were a little thick - you can't see them properly in the photo. But maybe you're right about the beak scratch

Back to top Go down
Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:02 pm

Congrats Harriet! What a nice surprise!
My favorites are the snowy owl and the little goat. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:20 pm

@HKHollinstone wrote:

About the stork and falcon Roger, I checked and they're both made in China, it's odd they used a cheaper feeling plastic :scratch:

Thanks Harriet, but the other figures are also made in China? I thought they were using a lighter plastic to turn heavy figures a little lighter, for example, the previous Asian elephant is 280g of weight, the heaviest of all, for example, Papo elephant is 200g.
There's new children safety rules for 2012, maybe they are using a softer plastic also thinking in the pointy parts of these figures? Well, it is not easy to explain how do it feels but I'll check it in shops soon or later! :)
It would work disappointing with a brand where the production quality is a strong point. :flower:
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:53 pm

Izzy wrote:
Congrats Harriet! What a nice surprise!
My favorites are the snowy owl and the little goat. :)

-Kristie
Thank you Kristie Very Happy

Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:55 pm

@Roger wrote:
@HKHollinstone wrote:

About the stork and falcon Roger, I checked and they're both made in China, it's odd they used a cheaper feeling plastic scratch

Thanks Harriet, but the other figures are also made in China? I thought they were using a lighter plastic to turn heavy figures a little lighter, for example, the previous Asian elephant is 280g of weight, the heaviest of all, for example, Papo elephant is 200g.
There's new children safety rules for 2012, maybe they are using a softer plastic also thinking in the pointy parts of these figures? Well, it is not easy to explain how do it feels but I'll check it in shops soon or later! :)
It would work disappointing with a brand where the production quality is a strong point. flower
Yes they're all made in China, I always hope one might be made in Portugal or Germany drunken the Stork is made of a softer plastic, very flexible, but the base is made of thin, hard plastic. The falcon just feels light and not as nice as Snowy owl.

Back to top Go down
Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Congratulations, Harriet :)

I am tempted to order the models, except I'd have to order them all Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
dlfrogman

Country/State : Idaho USA

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:19 am

If they are making them lighter its because of kids like my 2 year old nephew that throws EVERYTHING at you affraid I would hate to see him get ahold of a heavy elephant Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I am probably lucky that no stores have any of the new ones yet.... geek
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:23 am

@dlfrogman wrote:
If they are making them lighter its because of kids like my 2 year old nephew that throws EVERYTHING at you affraid I would hate to see him get ahold of a heavy elephant Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I am probably lucky that no stores have any of the new ones yet.... geek

Laughing Have you tried to give him the Schleich Brachiosaurus? It is nice to throw! Wink bom affraid
Back to top Go down
Ana

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:44 am

Congratulations Harriet! Great figures! Birds are beautiful and I love this new sheep and lamb I love you flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My last Schleich additions for 2011   Today at 3:28 am

Back to top Go down

My last Schleich additions for 2011
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1